Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 Stars 3 Chevy love edition

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It's his job to be ready, and he showed up today and got caught with his pants down on one goal and let in an absolute stinker as well. Not so sure that you could call that a good game by our 3rd string goalie.
Usually agree with you but Sip is correct.
Considering the lack of playing time I think Hutch made some big saves to keep us going.
Kari Lethemin sucks big time.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Went to the Dallas board to see what they were saying about tonight's game. Apparently not much. It seems they don't get many posts on their board.:huh: I sure like the passion our fans have toward the Jets......whether the comments are positive or negative there's always lots to read on the Jets board!:D

:jets

The Jets HFF community must be one of the most active, if not even THE most active community at these boards. And it seems like a very passionate community, which can lead into some pretty hot tempered discussions. Nothing wrong with that though. I have definitely enjoyed following and even taking part in the discussions here. The Jets are for sure fun to follow on the ice and on the boards!

Last edited:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Usually agree with you but Sip is correct.
Considering the lack of playing time I think Hutch made some big saves to keep us going.
Kari Lethemin sucks big time.
I suspect hutch may be up with jets for rest of year and playoffs. He has been good.

Mason is the big ? mark

Reactions: Eyeseeing

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
If this form keeps up I'll put in a cheeky Laine for Conn Smythe bet. Kuch/Vasi/Wheeler/Subban are probably the best bets, but Laine absolutely tore it up in 1st Liiga playoffs, so why not take the risk

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Great road divisional win , i might be in the minority here but even though Hutch played ok i still have seen enough of him to say he is a fantastic AHL goalie but only a boarder line NHL goalie . I haven't seen nearly enough of Mason yet to say get rid of him . Anyway not trying to be a downer great win , nice to see Enstrom get a goal .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hey man, thats just my opinion, but im no Don Cherry ;)
Dont mind eating crow, but by the eyetest he just looks off in certain situations.

I think it’s just that we are all getting use to watching a really good goalie night in night out who makes so few mistakes and we are getting spoiled. Our fan base definitely deserves it.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yes those two were good but you know who else was good? Andrew Copp! He doesn't shut things down like Lowry can but he can skate like the wind and makes safe, smart plays. Probably a good center to play with those two. One play in particular stuck out, where he had the puck up high in the Ozone with pressure closing in. Dangerous spot to be in but Copp airlifted a puck into a corner and Ehlers retrieved it easily. Kind of a nothing play but it's the sort of stuff someone like Copp can make a career for himself out of. Just be reliable.

edit - just saw Whilee's post above mine great minds think alike
Agree with both you and @Whileee, I've been touting Copp's play for awhile now. He opens up room for those guys, he also knows his routes so well it simplifies a lot for them. It gives them opportunity off the rush as well as the space to create in the offensive zone. He's very underrated.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I think it’s just that we are all getting use to watching a really good goalie night in night out who makes so few mistakes and we are getting spoiled. Our fan base definitely deserves it.

Yep, I actually mentioned that too, I think Helle has us spoiled.

No complaints here :D

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Hutch had a really good game, see no hate.

I still think he makes himself look to small in the net but considering how little he has played lately he was full marks.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
A few things

Had a dinner party tonight and had to watch much later.
On my recording the audio went out for a few minutes early in the first I'm assuming it was just my PVR. Anyone else experience that?

Back to Romanuk I couldn't believe him at the start of the second. We are short handed he spends a good deal of time speaking like it is 5 on 5. Then we draw a penalty to make it 4 on 4 and he spends close to a minute talking about our power play. He finally figured it out shortly before Ehlers scored.

Great game.
Glad we didn't lose guys to injury.
Can't let teams take that many runs at Scheif.
Happy for old man Enstrom.

Back to work ;)

giphy.gif
I PVR'd the game as well, my audio cut out until about the 9:00 mark of the first.

It was actually very pleasant.

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
How are people crapping on Hutch after that game?

I’ve seen a few posts saying “he didn’t prove he was anything more than an NHL backup.” No shit Sherlock - that’s what he’s gunning to be. Precisely nobody is suggesting he’s got a chance to be the next Martin Brodeur...

He was screened on his first shot. He then kept us in the game during a shaky Jets 1st period. Made some nice glove saves and then let in a meaningless dribbler in the last minute from a very talented offensive player who typically dekes but in this case took a shot.

My take: an EXCELLENT performance by a backup goalie against a very skilled offensive. Every team would take that effort from their backup against the Stars on the road, so how about we chilll...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
It's his job to be ready, and he showed up today and got caught with his pants down on one goal and let in an absolute stinker as well. Not so sure that you could call that a good game by our 3rd string goalie.
I think you can call a 33 save .917 a good game, jmo. He'd like to have the Radulov goal back, that's all I'd fault him for.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Hutch was fine. He was a meaningless last minute goal away from an awesome stat sheet. After that first goal things could have gone very badly but he rebounded big time and made some real nice saves to keep things in check until we got our legs going and started putting pucks in their net.

Reactions: Stumbledore

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I think that Copp is a good complement to them. He is good in his own zone so they don't get pinned (especially against good match-ups), he's hard on the forecheck so pucks come loose to Ehlers and Laine. Those two have plenty of skill to create scoring chances.

Yes those two were good but you know who else was good? Andrew Copp! He doesn't shut things down like Lowry can but he can skate like the wind and makes safe, smart plays. Probably a good center to play with those two. One play in particular stuck out, where he had the puck up high in the Ozone with pressure closing in. Dangerous spot to be in but Copp airlifted a puck into a corner and Ehlers retrieved it easily. Kind of a nothing play but it's the sort of stuff someone like Copp can make a career for himself out of. Just be reliable.

edit - just saw Whilee's post above mine great minds think alike

I agree with these comments. I liked the third line's play, not bad at all. Laine's second goal was a sick snipe. Ehlers goal too. I just finished watching it this morning, too many parties last night. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Stumbledore

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
One of the biggest things I thought separated the Jets from the Blues and Stars the last two games was the way in which the Jets activate their D, they're on another planet from those two teams. The Buff goal was a prime example but the Enstrom goal shows it more clearly on how it's so ingrained in the team. Enstrom makes a great read, knows that Little is facing back towards the Jets zone so if the play doesn't happen he can cover. Watch Perreault, he immediately takes up Toby's position as soon as he sees Enstrom following the play. The Jets do this all game long with Myers, Morrissey, Buff and Trouba when he's in the lineup. It wears teams down and makes their attack so dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad