Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 Stars 3 Chevy love edition

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I'm in a video mood. Not to pick on Lil Nicky and not to be accused as being biased (because I like him usually), but here is something that won't endear him to Maurice. Had the Stars scored here things may have been a bit more tense, Hutch bailed him out. Watching 3 Stars jerseys in front of him and gliding back into the zone was not a good look for him, regardless of how badly Kuli mangled that play. Hendricks pretty put to lunch as well, both him and Petan left it to the other guy to be F1. Laine is the only one who can be excused.

these are the things i always see him doing when he gets comfortable in the line up and what makes him lose his center spot to guys like copp and hendricks he is great in the offeinsive side of the red line but lacks smarts or care in the defensive side.

and he needs to clean up the cute outlet passes that turn over into us being hemmed in those are a few of my pet peeves with him and why he will be trade bait this or next year he just doesnt have what we need in bottom 6 wingers. he will do good on another team in the top 9 just doesnt crack ours

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Hutch is who we thought he was, a good back up who can play once every few weeks, no more no less he played well tonight but by no means is he a starter in this league

Hutch won't be successful unless he's a starter. His huge ECHL run took him to St. Johns where he overtook Pasquale & led our farm club all the way to the Calder finals.

Modest success in his first few seasons in Winnipeg that was interrupted when he had his fall from grace around the all star break. He never recovered & in reality wasn't given the opportunity. He'd start 1 game, fail & be sidelined for weeks until being given another chance & fail again.

As the starter on the Moose he's been the best goalie in the AHL. Give him the ball & he displayed a proclivity to be able to run with it. Multiple player of the week/month awards.

Regardless, he's not passing Hellebuyck on the depth chart & without starts he'll regress back to last seasons form rather quickly.

That's why he asked for a trade as per Leah Hextall's write up in The Athletic.

It's still possible he emerges as a top tier NHL goalie, but it won't be in Winnipeg.

Last edited:
Reactions: kellhunter
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
A few things

Had a dinner party tonight and had to watch much later.
On my recording the audio went out for a few minutes early in the first I'm assuming it was just my PVR. Anyone else experience that?

Back to Romanuk I couldn't believe him at the start of the second. We are short handed he spends a good deal of time speaking like it is 5 on 5. Then we draw a penalty to make it 4 on 4 and he spends close to a minute talking about our power play. He finally figured it out shortly before Ehlers scored.

Great game.
Glad we didn't lose guys to injury.
Can't let teams take that many runs at Scheif.
Happy for old man Enstrom.

Back to work ;)

giphy.gif

I watched the game at my parents. They have MTS. Lots of audio drop outs at the beginning of the game.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
These are back now. Nice not being in the greyed out section for a change. You can get an idea of strength of schedule. Red teams are in the playoffs black teams are not.

IMG_0599.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad