Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 Stars 3 Chevy love edition

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
This was a good game to test our resolve -
Very chippy along with a number of heavy hits - we need to play that type of game if we expect to go anywhere in the central.
We are an elite, fast, skilled team - other teams know that and will take the body at every chance in an effort to slow us down or interrupt our game.
Jets held their own tonight in a rough environment (w/o Lowry) and this makes me feel very comfortable with the team going forward - it's only going to get rougher and nastier.

Footnote:
Third line was killer tonight - I hope they keep it going - we are seriously dangerous if this lines continues to play like they did tonight - we're rolling 3 very good lines right now.

Reactions: kanadalainen

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player post-game audio: Wheeler & Ehlers.

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: Play of the team after giving up an early goal in the 1st period. Jets taking control in the middle frame. How nice was it to see Tobias Enstrom get his first goal of the season? Play of Dustin Byfuglien. Play of Michael Hutchinson. Is it fair to say that Byfuglien is more understated this season? Did he need to discuss anything with Byfuglien on adjusting when Trouba went down? On Patrik Laine's success against the Dallas Stars. Going 2-0 on the weekend against central division opponents. Creating separation between themselves and the Stars/Blues. Status of Tyler Myers?

To listen click here.

Reactions: Ducky10

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I really liked Hutch’s game tonight except for that last, meaningless goal. I would much prefer to see him stick around than Mason to be a reasonably priced back-up.

Big Buff is starting to grow on me.

As for Laine, I just started to laugh after his second snipe. That shot is ridiculous.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
The Jets are a scary good team when they play like that.

Just dominated the Stars in the second period.

giphy.gif
I realize child abuse isnt funny but man I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that gif. What is that from?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Is this real life???

Holy shit is this team good!

Comments from the game.

3rd line really shaping up, Laine and Ehlers seem to have some new found chemistry.

Refs were BRUTAL!

Roussel is an absolute asshole.

1st line and especially Chef need to give up a little icetime, I mean I counted some pretty looong shifts, and Chef seems to be the biggest culprit of this. A little selfish imo.

3rd line with below 13mins again :(

Rooted for Hutch, I really want to like him, but for me he didnt proove he belongs in the NHL as more than a back-up.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
And how the **** did Bergevin watch Radulov watch for years and then let him walk for nothing. The guy looks amazing out there. Better than Benn and Seguin tonight.
are you referring to the 1 year Radulov played in Mtl? the 54 point year that was followed by an excellent playoff?

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I realize child abuse isnt funny but man I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that gif. What is that from?

my guess is that it's an ad for a WCW-themed wrestling game, as that is (almost certainly) "Crow"-era Sting who was one of their major draws at the time.

Child abuse isn't funny, no; but this ad gave me laughs a-plenty :P

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Went to the Dallas board to see what they were saying about tonight's game. Apparently not much. It seems they don't get many posts on their board.:huh: I sure like the passion our fans have toward the Jets......whether the comments are positive or negative there's always lots to read on the Jets board!:D

:jets

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Is this real life???

Holy **** is this team good!

Comments from the game.

3rd line really shaping up, Laine and Ehlers seem to have some new found chemistry.

Refs were BRUTAL!

Roussel is an absolute *******.

1st line and especially Chef need to give up a little icetime, I mean I counted some pretty looong shifts, and Chef seems to be the biggest culprit of this. A little selfish imo.

3rd line with below 13mins again :(

Rooted for Hutch, I really want to like him, but for me he didnt proove he belongs in the NHL as more than a back-up.

Hutch had a .917 save % against an offensively gifted team that is playing well in their barn during a B2B.

Sheesh, this is a tough, unforgiving crowd. Hutch had a solid game. His glove hand was snapping up a lot of pucks tonight.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Went to the Dallas board to see what they were saying about tonight's game. Apparently not much. It seems they don't get many posts on their board.:huh: I sure like the passion our fans have toward the Jets......whether the comments are positive or negative there's always lots to read on the Jets board!:D

:jets
Dallas is a hockey town same way Phoenix or LA is a hockey town.

Reactions: ocdaddy

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hutch had a .917 save % against an offensively gifted team that is playing well in their barn during a B2B.

Sheesh, this is a tough, unforgiving crowd. Hutch had a solid game. His glove hand was snapping up a lot of pucks tonight.

Hey man, thats just my opinion, but im no Don Cherry ;)
Dont mind eating crow, but by the eyetest he just looks off in certain situations.

Reactions: Jets 31

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I have to give Enstrom props ... he had a great game and got shafted by the refs he was my first star. I'm impressed ... Toby is back. Chariot also had a good game ... it sure is nice to have your bottom defencemen look that good. Seriously the best trade the Jets can make at the DL is no trade. What a solid team.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Man Rosie is the real deal tho..

I am getting absolutely f***ing pumped for this team!!!!

Imagine him centering Laine and Eehls.

Reactions: Jets 31

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Hey man, thats just my opinion, but im no Don Cherry ;)
Dont mind eating crow, but by the eyetest he just looks off in certain situations.

He's no Helle but his glove was picking pucks out of the crowd tonight that I honestly have no idea how he saw them coming.
One thing I did notice - he's a lot more quiet in the crease - looks like someone has been mentoring him;)

Reactions: Kgame

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He's no Helle but his glove was picking pucks out of the crowd tonight that I honestly have no idea how he saw them coming.
One thing I did notice - he's a lot more quiet in the crease - looks like someone has been mentoring him;)

For sure.

He is definitely an NHL goalie, for me tho, no more than a backup from what little we have seen so far - Still loads of time to proove me wrong tho.

I dunno, maybe ive been spoilt by Helle :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00