Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 Stars 3 Chevy love edition

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
go look at the standings.

jets will finish in the top 3 in the west.
no advantage in the first round regarding matchups if you finish 1 2 or 3.
good times...
Home ice is an advantage. And you always want to play a lower seed if you can. But most of all this team can't take its foot of the gas. It is still too young and inexperienced to time that game.

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
For a smaller guy Roslovic so strong on the boards. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Hutch was good except for the 1st minute and the last minute.

Buff just doing his stuff and nice to see tiny Toby get one he deserves it. Morrisey excellent again! I liked Ben's physical presence.

Man we have good sticks...always busting up plays like that creating chances the other way.

Beauty game by Laine. Loved how he trolled Bishop with that goal right after Bishop was getting in his face.

We only need 1 period to beat teams now.

Bring on the playoffs already!

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Anyone notice the 'nods of confidence' Maurice gave Laine on the bench when we got the too many men call? That was great.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Still not behind Chiarot as I much prefer him as our #7 but he certainly made a difference tonight playing with a chip on his shoulder. Most physical Jet out there in the first and entire game. Mattered more in the first though. He'll always scare me in our zone but he's been playing better of late so kudos to him.

Reactions: Jets2point0 and GNP

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Thought Radulov's celebration after his goal was a bit excessive given the score and time. Just keep it on the down-low at that point I say. (then the horn goes like 5 times- come on....)

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
He'll always scare me in our zone but he's been playing better of late so kudos to him.

I hate to think how Myers makes you feel, then. For his rank amongst our D he's been GREAT and he gets way too much flak.

Reactions: GNP

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I have to give Enstrom props ... he had a great game and got shafted by the refs he was my first star. I'm impressed ... Toby is back. Chariot also had a good game ... it sure is nice to have your bottom defencemen look that good. Seriously the best trade the Jets can make at the DL is no trade. What a solid team.

Toby's getting pumped - see's the playoffs coming for his team that is finally a contender - 10 yrs is a long wait.

MrWigglez

May 31, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets should trade for Joel ward and drop roslo out of the line up
Based on the VERY few times I've actually kept the 1290 call in shows on, most of the people that call in are willing to give up our first round picks for the next 20 years and the entire Moose team to secure a couple of months of Nash......

(I usually turn it off when randoms start calling in lol)

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
We got that call and they showed Maurice on the bench. I expected to see a livid Pomo but instead he just gives Laine this silent 'keep at it' kinda nod(s). Just loved Pomos reaction, great show of confidence.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hutch good all night. He's a good goalie :)

I totally agree with the Cat here on Hutchinson -- he's a very "underrated goalie" and we should not let him go. I think he's the most athletic mover of all our goaltenders.

With the Cap issue coming up -- I'd prefer Mason is bought out at season's end, and or traded, and then sign Hutch. It will cost us too much $$ to keep Mason and Helle. Hutch is a great and "affordable" backup for Helle. If Helle goes down--Hutch will do just fine.

I think the Jet's will regret it, if they let Hutch walk !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shazzam

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Missed the game, but I read Myer's got injured ?? Does anyone know if it's a serious injury or just a minor one ?? can someone comment on this ???

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
Missed the game tonight, but I gotta say, xxxxxx impressive winning 2 on the road against desperate teams in the toughest division in hockey. McPhee has reason 2 be scared of the Jets.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad