McKenzie: Jesse Puljujarvi has requested a trade from Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Did you seriously just cite a 6 game sample?

God knows Detroit is horrible at developing forwards...

Did I just point out the guy who never left the NHL after he thought he was too good for AHL? (And he was...)

Detroit is OT, but take a look at this:
Detroit Red Wings Draft History at hockeydb.com

Last player is from 2014 (Larkin at 15th). Minnesota Wild is better at developing forwards in comparison. (IMO Wild is below average...)

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
What the hell is Puljujarvi thinking. He's not worth anything in return. No incentive for oilers to trade him and risk eggy face if Pulju turns it around. Off to Europe you go

Obviously his intent is to escape from EDM. Traded or Europe, doesn't seem to matter...

Reactions: BHD

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Exactly what the Devils need, We are weak on RW and will have C prospects to offer up. Zacha for Poolparty?
Zacha is a legit 3rd line C that is still on his ELC , young , has potential still and is simular to Poolparty in that he could use a change in scenery ( although he looked like he was strating to trend up and was playing very good during the last 1/3 of the last season)
Not sure if Devils would be better off moving Zacha to wing or try JP on Nico or Hughes wing

Done deal . Fax the paper work

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Did I just point out the guy who never left the NHL after he thought he was too good for AHL? (And he was...)

Detroit is OT, but take a look at this:
Detroit Red Wings Draft History at hockeydb.com

Last player is from 2014 (Larkin at 15th). Minnesota Wild is better at developing forwards in comparison. (IMO Wild is below average...)

You do understand that being in the NHL doesn't mean further development at a lower level couldn't have made you a better player, right?

I remember when Drouin thought he was smarter than Yzerman and went from being compared to MacKinnon to being another 50 point winger.

And calling Minnesota better at developing forwards than Detroit is downright hilarious.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
You do understand that being in the NHL doesn't mean further development at a lower level couldn't have made you a better player, right?

I remember when Drouin thought he was smarter than Yzerman and went from being compared to MacKinnon to being another 50 point winger.

And calling Minnesota better at developing forwards than Detroit is downright hilarious.

Not saying MIN is good. I am saying Detroit has been garbage for the last 5 years. It is not the 2000s anymore.

Drouin scored 11 goals in 17 games in the kids league before flipping the switch. He is a pass first puck hog, not a primary goal scorer...

Mackinnon 24+30 vs. Drouin 4+24. Only an idiot used the comparison post the rookie year. Obviously one is a ppg superstar and the other 15+35 Mikael Granlund 2.0.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Nuking the future? My god, coming from an Edmonton fan. Subpar pieces? So now, Kreider, Vesey, Georgiev, a 2020 1st rounder are subpar pieces... they wouldn’t cut it in your version of Oiler land would they, lol. Have you read some of the posts in here on what the perceived value of Puljujarvi is? This place is always good for laughs.

Yes subpar to the Oilers . Value is subjective. UFAs are not going to get you an 8th OA pick in a draft that is consider deep for the top 15 picks . Kreider is a very good player but is a subpar return for a high pick base on his contract status and Edmonton’s ability to sign UFAs

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If he's so fragile he can't even make it in Finland playing a lower tier of hockey quite frankly, he's not going to make it anywhere in the NHL anyway.

You're under contract, really he should be playing in the AHL this year. He doesn't want to because he doesn't like riding AHL buses. Well alright then, go chill with mommy for a year and get your game back on track back home.

It's not even a "punishment", he needs more development time, he's not ready right now to compete against NHL competition for 82 games. And there's no shame in that either, it's not supposed to be an easy league to play in. NHL is not a development league.

Playing in Finland for a year if he doesn't want to be in the AHL is probably the best thing for him overall. It's not about "spiting" the kid or punishing him.

Do you refer to season 2018-19 or 2019-20? Because, he's not under contract for the latter. EDM has his Exclusive Negotiation Rights within the NHL structure, but as of July 1 he hasn't contracted himself to EDM or the NHL in general.

Purely moneywise, AHL is most likely not the best offer he will be getting. And obviously there is the off-chance that another NHL team may offer him a contract as of July 1 (for which EDM has the right of first refusal obviously).

The funny thing with AHL is that he needs to be put through the waivers now to go there. EDM won't be getting much for him, because whoever signs him to put him to AHL will see him getting snatched on the waivers. EDM done **** up.

Reactions: BHD

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Not saying MIN is good. I am saying Detroit has been garbage for the last 5 years. It is not the 2000s anymore.

Drouin scored 11 goals in 17 games in the kids league before flipping the switch. He is a pass first puck hog, not a primary goal scorer...

Mackinnon 24+30 vs. Drouin 4+24. Only an idiot used the comparison post the rookie year. Obviously one is a ppg superstar and the other 15+35 Mikael Granlund 2.0.

Yeah, let's take a five year sample for a team that you've acknowledged is notorious for holding their prospects out of the NHL as long as possible. :laugh:

Five year sample, you've got Larkin vs. Tuch. Do we really want to argue that? Ten years, you're looking at the following:

Larkin, (15) Mantha, (20) Bertuzzi, (58) and Athanasiou (110) and Tatar (60) vs. Tuch, (18) Granlund, (9) Zucker (59) and Haula. (182)

Not really close.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
He has hope right now after 3 years of EDM development model?
Fans like to blame Edmonton and while they are partially responsible let’s look at the facts

Puljujarvi wanted to play in the NHL yet did nothing to learn English. That’s on him .

Year 2 still did not know English very well coach could not communicate with him

Year 3 sent to the AHL agent complain call back up struggled because of hip problems .

Reactions: The Burning GOAT

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You want rangers 1st (the 2nd OV) for Pulju+2nd?

Seriously?

Read again ! Now where did I say the NYR 2nd OA ? I said a first they have 2 of them I thought . I know they sent the Jets back but still thought they had a late first

Edit : my bad I thought they had another first round pick in the 20 range

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Fans like to blame Edmonton and while they are partially responsible let’s look at the facts

Puljujarvi wanted to play in the NHL yet did nothing to learn English. That’s on him .

Year 2 still did not know English very well coach could not communicate with him

Year 3 sent to the AHL agent complain call back up struggled because of hip problems .[/

Reactions: gwh

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Canucks offer Virtanen 10th for Puljujarvi 8th 38th Lucic

youve-got-yourself-a-deal-buddy.jpg

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
To the guys saying that he doesn't have right to ask for a trade - yes he does. Players are not prisoners and they are going to lose him for free or waste a roster spot on a player who doesn't want to play for you. I think he will end up top 6 winger somewhere else. Best fit would a young team with other Finns

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Don't think he plays in Finland until January because finnish taxes. Maybe rehab his hips or go to Switzerland.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Get the 'ell out of Dodge ... or rather Deadmonton as quick as you possibly can Jesse!

It's a dead end street for you and you know it ... even if you haven't exactly shown Jesse James revolver-skills over there in those desert plains of Alberta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad