McKenzie: Jesse Puljujarvi has requested a trade from Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
So what is he worth and what teams do you think will try for him?

Me personaly I think Puljujarvi could become a decent powerforward with a decent upside as long as he gets the right linemates. He lacks hockey iq, its obvious. I still think that once he play with confidence and without being afraid of misstakes to much (risking being sent down or benched) he will play at hes best.

Intressting to see where he ends up and if that team will give him a bigger role from the get go and have some faith in the kid and see how it goes.

Speculation is where will he end up? Wich teams do you guys think will trade for him?

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Wanting isn’t always getting, however, if there’s a deal out there that makes sense for Edmonton I’m sure it will be explored.

Ferraro was just on Edmonton radio saying along the lines of “it makes sense for everyone to take another crack at this thing with a new GM and a new staff, everyone gets a fresh slate now”.

Remember Hitchcock didn’t get to pick his assistants, he inherited McLellan’s crew and any biases they might have. The only carryover to Tippett is Gulutzan.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see him traded, but I think any HF vultures hoping to scoop him for a fourth round pick are going to be sorely disappointed.

Think names like Andersson, Alex Nylander, Juolevi, Senyshyn, Svechnikov the Lesser, Jost, Max Jones, Tage Thompson, etc etc. High upside guys that haven’t realized their potential and maybe would benefit from a change of scenery. Edmonton won’t be doing anyone a favour and dumping him off a cliff for a middle pick or other junk.

He could also make some sense to someone like Vegas, who is in a hell of a cap bind. Puljujarvi for Haula/Eakin/Miller could make some sense for both sides. Ditto Toronto. I wouldn’t be interested in dealing him for Brown but a package built around Puljujarvi for a guy like Johansson could also benefit both sides.

Reactions: teddygmr and 7even

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Puljujarvi will be traded for another young former top prospect who's struggling in the NHL. Puljujarvi to the Rangers for Andersson is a deal I could see making sense.

As a Rangers fan I wouldn’t do it. At worst Andersson will be a really good bottom 6 center and an absolute pest. Puljujarvi has high physical potential but his hockey sense is seriously lacking.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Whatever team that trade for him, better be ready to really try him in a top 6 spot.. Otherwise they will not gain anything from it, I almost know for certain that he would be better and better with the confidance he would get with a more locked possition on the team. I have watched him alot but I have never seen him as woodhanded and foolish with the puck like in edmonton, almost like you could tell he is like (OMG OMG if I do something bad now Ill get sent down and be the biggest bust) or whatever. SO I think the team that are willing to really give him a go is the team that should trade for him.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Always wanted him in Toronto..Oilers fans probably want the moon for him while we Leafs fans want him for peanuts :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille