McKenzie: Jesse Puljujarvi has requested a trade from Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
It doesn't matter what he's worth. He's worth less than 10% of what that pick was worth at the draft table and it's all on him.
His attempt at learning English has been pathetic, his growth as a player has been non-existent and his injury that resulted in double hip surgery was all his own doing as he refused to listen to the team's trainers and refused to train with less weight.
I don't want to see him traded. Let him go to Europe and fade into obscurity for all I care.
He doesn't deserve a second chance since he's never put an honest effort into becoming a hockey player in Edmonton.
He's coming awfully close to becoming Finnish version of Alexandre Daigle imo.

Glad to know that you're so close to the team that you're in on his education process, training and inside JP's mind knowing that he isn't putting in any effort.

Ludacris comment. Sure Pulju hasn't developed as hoped, but the kid just turned 21. Most players at 21 are still in college/AHL. Hell most kids at 21 are at home living with their parents not sure of what they're going to do next in life.

Pulju moved to a new country (without Finns on the team until Koskinen came.. and even then you have a 30 year old goalie.. not a mentor by any means to a 20yr old fwd), trying to learn a new language, and has been coached by what seems like 15 different head coaches.

Seems like a difficult situation to find your footing, your confidence and to try and work out your kinks.

To say that his injury was his own doing.. simply ridiculous. To know anything about his effort is impossible.

I will say.. he seems like a good kid who put in some effort (extra practices) last season.. but has not been in the ideal situation to grow properly as both a confident young adult and a confident hockey player.

At 21yrs old (and that's just about a month and a half past his bday), and being such a big bodied player at 6'4" 200lbs.. it's far far too early to write him off.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Pulju moved to a new country (without Finns on the team until Koskinen came.. and even then you have a 30 year old goalie.. not a mentor by any means to a 20yr old fwd), trying to learn a new language, and has been coached by what seems like 15 different head coaches.

They had Pakarinen and Jokinen.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
He can play in Europe and hopefully have some success and mature.
Zero incentive to trade home right now with his value so low

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Oilers should throw in their 1st rounder and package it with Pulju for something nice (Canes Dman..?)

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Let him sit in Europe till you get a legit offer, if not, make him ride out Europe till he is a UFA. I would Purposely keep him out of the NHL, He has Zero leverage. You wanna be a baby, then you can go play in Finland. If you wanna grow up and take responsibility for you career, come into camp with a good attitude, earn a spot and try and improve yourself so you're actually worth something, then if Im Holland i'd try and make something work. The Oilers have all the power, and I expect them to fully use it.
Lol this guy makes one mistake or bad decission and he gets demoted :laugh: Development level: superb

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m a wild fan who is very intrigued by Pulju. I don’t know if this has been proposed because this is a long thread but, Eriksson Ek for Pulju?

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
Pulju to Chicago for newly acquired Olli Maatta

Makes sense for both teams

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
So swedish hockey media just reported Puljujarvi demands a trade, hes agent have said Puljujarvi wont player another game for edmonton. If they wont trade him, he will play in Europe.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Jesse needs a new agent and a work ethic. While Edmonton has some blame on his development the large majority is on Jesse and examples were given above. This is one of those scenarios where you let Jesse go back to Finland and hold on to his rights until the bitter end. If he wants to play in the NHL then he needs to put the effort in and make sacrifices.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
So swedish hockey media just reported Puljujarvi demands a trade, hes agent have said Puljujarvi wont player another game for edmonton. If they wont trade him, he will play in Europe.
Most Oiler fans feel a year in Europe would actually help him immensely.

He needs to play big minutes to develop, and he won't get that on the Oilers.
And he's no longer AHL eligible without clearing waivers.

As an Oiler fan who would rather keep Jesse than trade him for scraps, I'd want him developing in Europe anyways.

Maybe when he's more mature, and more developed at 23-24 years old (preferably with a new agent) we can bring him over again.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016

Send him to Europe and let him waste his NHL opportunity. Jesse and his agent have handled his entire NHL career very poorly.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Maybe a trade around Robby Fabbri for Puljujärvi?

Both guys need a fresh start.

I suggested this in a thread a while back, to me it’s a great fit for both.

The blues can take a shot on a still very young Pulju, just turned 21. I think this would be the first fully heathy offseason for Fabbri in like what 3 years? The blues top 6 is pretty set, so he’d come into camp in Edmonton with every chance to establish himself in there top 6, on a team dying for skill

Last edited:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I would do that

youve-got-yourself-a-deal-buddy.jpg

I'd want more, mainly because I consider Virtanen to be a good break out candidate. I also just don't think we can carry Eriksson and Lucic around for the next number of years. It does somehow feel like there is a deal to be made between VAN and EDM though.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Send him to Europe and let him waste his NHL opportunity. Jesse and his agent have handled his entire NHL career very poorly.

One could argue that the Oilers management has handled Jesse very poorly. He should've been in the AHL since the beginning.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Oilers putting a player in the NHL before they are ready? Very unlike them.

Indeed. Hopefully with the addition of Holland and the subtraction of some of the OBC we will see prospects develop as they should.

Conversely Bear, Jones and Benson were left in the minors and lo and behold, we have some decent prospects coming.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If he's open to playing in Finland next year, Vegas should be interested in his rights.

If another team owns his rights, they can sign him after the trade deadline and bring him over for the playoffs, yes?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I give him 1, maybe 2 more seasons until he is in Europe full time. He will make a good career back there

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I’m sure once he learns to skate, shoot and use his brain he will make a great hockey player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad