Jersey Patch coming

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Just saw this on reddit and it fits.

1709311357970.jpeg

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Ads on uniforms are always terrible. At least soccer always had the excuse that there's no commercials.

The "only cause of covid" was just an excuse to put them on in the first place. The NBA opened this tube of toothpaste and it's not going back in the tube.

Hoepfully it never gets to the point we're we're looking at a big ad instead of the logo like soccer or even worse start looking like a Nascar or Euro leagues.
the euro league ads is what I am afraid of happening.

I think that is why most people around here push back on it. When you watch prospects highlights in shl del whatever, and your not used to the ads, all you see is the ads on the jerseys and pants while trying to find the names of the players. Then you finally realize that if they have their names on the jerseys at all, they are on the bottom where the jerseys usually are scrunched up because of the jersey tie down or a pad.

Then you get the ads in the faceoff dots, etc. I hate that those ads exist in euro leagues because when you are trying to follow the puck, the ads kind of mess with you, especially if your not used to the visual.

I also just want them to bring back the stanley cup playoffs paint in the teams' zones, so that may be a contradiction to what I'm saying, but hey 🤷‍♂️

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
As others have stated, I'm sure they already expect short term backlash. If this is a cause you are truly passionate about, I would recommend organizing a sustained plan of widespread (peaceful) protest and/or financial action (awareness and persuading others to vote with their wallets).

Personally I don't happen to care. But this is likely the route needed to have any chance at affecting change.
can we at least agree that if they start putting the patch on the jerseys that we buy as fans, then we can riot instead of peaceful protests?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
the euro league ads is what I am afraid of happening.

I think that is why most people around here push back on it. When you watch prospects highlights in shl del whatever, and your not used to the ads, all you see is the ads on the jerseys and pants while trying to find the names of the players. Then you finally realize that if they have their names on the jerseys at all, they are on the bottom where the jerseys usually are scrunched up because of the jersey tie down or a pad.

Then you get the ads in the faceoff dots, etc. I hate that those ads exist in euro leagues because when you are trying to follow the puck, the ads kind of mess with you, especially if your not used to the visual.

I also just want them to bring back the stanley cup playoffs paint in the teams' zones, so that may be a contradiction to what I'm saying, but hey 🤷‍♂️
On ticketmaster for the upcoming HF71 game you can get a lower bowl not too many seats back at center ice ticket for $35. The same ticket at the LCA for the Coyote game coming up is $550.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
It could have been way worse. we could have had the word "Milk" on our jerseys.

hI BeNCH, I lIKE YOUR pOSTS, unLIKE THE baD MEMBERS AROUnD HERE. IT WAS NICE BEING A PART OF THIS COmMUNITY, THANKS FOR LeTTING ME MAKE ONE LAST pOST. SO lONG, sIR.
Only you would have known, but how f***ing funny would it have been if he deleted your post and we never even saw it.

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Hoepfully it never gets to the point we're we're looking at a big ad instead of the logo like soccer or even worse start looking like a Nascar or Euro leagues.
I can't see them doing that unless they do away with the iconography of the NHL teams themselves and treat it like "Detroit Hockey Club" or something of that nature.

I don't think it is very likely, but over time it's certainly possible I suppose.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
can we at least agree that if they start putting the patch on the jerseys that we buy as fans, then we can riot instead of peaceful protests?
You might find that there's a segment out there among jersey collectors who will riot if they're not able to replicate what's worn on the ice, and the fact that this is just being stitched on the jersey instead of a patch you can purchase and apply, is going to really rub those folks the wrong way. I have since left those circles because what Adidas is selling is not even remotely similar to what's being worn on the ice anymore anyways.

But that's a whole other conversation for another thread.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
No local retail company would dare have put their name on that patch. They had to find someone who's virtually unable to be boycotted directly by fans. Other than a sternly-worded email to both parties, is there any recourse? Who decides which WM company provides local service?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
You might find that there's a segment out there among jersey collectors who will riot if they're not able to replicate what's worn on the ice, and the fact that this is just being stitched on the jersey instead of a patch you can purchase and apply, is going to really rub those folks the wrong way. I have since left those circles because what Adidas is selling is not even remotely similar to what's being worn on the ice anymore anyways.

But that's a whole other conversation for another thread.
those individuals scare me

• Haha
Reactions: Sparty

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah this is getting ridiculous. How many employees does Priority have? I'm close to feeling bad for them if this whole partnership kills revenue and the sociopaths that make up the CEO/executive branch cut a bunch of jobs.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Yeah this is getting ridiculous. How many employees does Priority have? I'm close to feeling bad for them if this whole partnership kills revenue and the sociopaths that make up the CEO/executive branch cut a bunch of jobs.
Are you suggesting that you think a business is struggling because a hockey team lost a couple of games?

• Haha
Reactions: Chelis Chili

Twinger

Sep 28, 2017
Just wondering.... why does a waste management company need to advertise? Do you guys get to choose who picks up your garbage?

Where I live, I either get curbside by SSC or I can haul shit to the dump myself and pay by the pound.
I'm guessing it's for commercial type contracts.

The leafs ones with milk is confusing to me because either you drink milk or don't. It's not like your thinking "oh ya I forgot about milk" or "oh we should switch to milk for this"

Reactions: Stony Curtis

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'm guessing it's for commercial type contracts.

The leafs ones with milk is confusing to me because either you drink milk or don't. It's not like your thinking "oh ya I forgot about milk" or "oh we should switch to milk for this"
"The emotional impact was undeniable. The "Got Milk?" campaign saw an impressive boost in milk sales, signaling a paradigm shift in the industry, and within a year, milk sales in California alone increased by a staggering 7%"

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes