Jersey Patch coming

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think tonight is the night the jersey patch losing streak ends.

Sidebar, I snuck into the locker room and ripped them all off and took them with me, so they won't have time to get new ones made up.

Has there ever been an opinion from the players about the patch?? Like if they care or not that it's on there. Wonder if the jersey patch conspiracy has made the rounds to the players yet. I mean everyone is on social media nowadays and that's what all of us are posting right now.

I think as fans they would care, at least a good amount of them, but they aren't going to say anything negative while playing, against things that bring money to the game, eventhough we hate them and the greediness of them all.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm in support of the fans tonight throwing garbage on the ice in unity with Priority!

C'mon bud, we aren't Flyers fans. Let's show a little more class and throw these instead:

It'll be like the Florida rat trick.

It's really amazing what you can find on the web nowadays. For people who don't like to click links, it's a stress ball shaped like a dumpster:
Capture.PNG

and here's another company that sells them:

With all of my awesome ideas, Priority should give me a marketing job, lol. Imagine a stress ball dumpster with a Priority logo in the front and Wings logo on the back. Set it on fire and throw it on the ice.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Again, just an annoying clarification. What Lidstrom has sewn on his jersey next to the "C" and above the Winged Wheel in this picture is a patch.

-a5a9fcb28e46dbac.jpg

What is currently on the jersey is an advertisement.

If it were an actual patch for something hockey-related and not an advertisement for a waste management company, maybe there wouldn't be a curse.

Personally I'm starting to think it's not the hockey gods making the curse but rather Mr. Hockey himself being upset at the sullying of the Red Wings sweater.

RIP Gordie. We miss you. And we're upset about it too.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
C'mon bud, we aren't Flyers fans. Let's show a little more class and throw these instead:

It'll be like the Florida rat trick.

It's really amazing what you can find on the web nowadays. For people who don't like to click links, it's a stress ball shaped like a dumpster:
View attachment 835650

and here's another company that sells them:

With all of my awesome ideas, Priority should give me a marketing job, lol. Imagine a stress ball dumpster with a Priority logo in the front and Wings logo on the back. Set it on fire and throw it on the ice.
Seriously, haha. Starting to think you actually work for them.

Reactions: Gniwder

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Has there ever been an opinion from the players about the patch?? Like if they care or not that it's on there. Wonder if the jersey patch conspiracy has made the rounds to the players yet. I mean everyone is on social media nowadays and that's what all of us are posting right now.
They didn't exactly cite specific quotes, but the Winged Wheel Podcast guys mentioned that everyone from owners to GM's to Players are all very much in favor of having the patch. Turns out people like money.

And I'm not so sure its "everyone" and "all of us" posting about it so much as it is a tiny bubble of people

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
They didn't exactly cite specific quotes, but the Winged Wheel Podcast guys mentioned that everyone from owners to GM's to Players are all very much in favor of having the patch. Turns out people like money.

And I'm not so sure its "everyone" and "all of us" posting about it so much as it is a tiny bubble of people
Just like fans love the digital ads on the boards according to Gary.

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
Again, just an annoying clarification. What Lidstrom has sewn on his jersey next to the "C" and above the Winged Wheel in this picture is a patch.

View attachment 835665

If it were an actual patch for something hockey-related and not an advertisement for a waste management company, maybe there wouldn't be a curse.

Personally I'm starting to think it's not the hockey gods making the curse but rather Mr. Hockey himself being upset at the sullying of the Red Wings sweater.

Thanks for cutting Gary 'The Count' Bettman out of that picture.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Seriously, haha. Starting to think you actually work for them.

I should.... I could be the Director of Viral Advertising or something. I'd do a free dumpster stress ball giveaway knowing full well that they'll all wind up on the ice by the end of the game. Think about how many times the company name would be mentioned, lol.

Seems like they're a relatively small company though, they only operate in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. The nationwide attention they'd get from my idea would have limited benefit for them, unlike if it was a bigger company, such as Waste Management.

I am beginning to think I'm in the wrong field, not much use for advertising skills as an engineer for a large corporation.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Just spitballing here, but what if Priority anticipated that the Wings would choke and miss the playoff, and that's why they waited until the end of the season to sponsor the team? Maybe it was just good timing, and not a curse. Had they sponsored the team while the team was winning, we wouldn't have all of these ELITE dumpster fire artwork.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

View attachment 835665

I will more than likely go to hockey hell for this....

lidstrom trash.jpg

but notice I used a recycling bin, so hopefully we get to re-use it, lol.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
at what point would it become false advertising to remove the patch with the way they're playing?

It's already false advertising. Priority isn't garbage, they MANAGE garbage. The team is garbage. So it's actually Chris, Stevie, and Fester that should be wearing the Priority logo, since they manage the team.

Reactions: ricky0034

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad