Prospect Info: Jared Davidson

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Davidson will turn 21 in July. It's a big difference around that age. That being said, I am not counting him out, RHP and Xhekaj are good examples of a players that played junior at 20 and it helped them. There are so many example proving that keeping younger players at a lower levels is the best way to let them mature and be ready. Harris and Struble are good examples. Mesar must go back in the OHL next year. I also think it would have been preferable to keep Mysak in the OHL this year at 20. Look at Pierrick Dubé, another that played junior at 20 and finally helped Shawinigan to win the title in the Q and go to the Memorial Cup last year..

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Are we sleeping on this guy ?

He doesn't get the attention other prospects get. But that's what happens when you have a deep prospect pool filled with guys that have all the attention like Hutson, Mailloux, Beck, Roy & Mesar to name a few. You end up not paying as much attention to others.

I'm excited to see him in Laval next year (not officially signed, but we know he will be). The Rocket will be a lot of fun next year with the influx of prospects all coming in at the same time.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I do think he could have a shot to be a bottom 6 player for us

He definitely can be. An energy guy. After the draft last year, when Bobrov and Lapointe met with the media to talk about all of their picks, they described Davidson as someone who has a motor and doesn't stop.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I do think he could have a shot to be a bottom 6 player for us
But his biggest test is upcoming. At the next level he won’t be competing against 16, 17 and 18 year olds. Let’s see how he fairs against, bigger, faster and more skilled opposition. Is he a true NHLer or just another in a long line of tweeners like Teasdale?

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
But his biggest test is upcoming. At the next level he won’t be competing against 16, 17 and 18 year olds. Let’s see how he fairs against, bigger, faster and more skilled opposition. Is he a true NHLer or just another in a long line of tweeners like Teasdale?
Teasdale isn't a full on tweener yet, although its likely he ends up there. Still got Potential in the tank.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Teasdale isn't a full on tweener yet, although its likely he ends up there. Still got Potential in the tank.
Maybe. But at this stage, after his injuries, the likelihood of Teasdale reaching his potential is as likely as Gallagher achieving a revival. Neither is happening.

• Wow
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Reactions: bleuetbio

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00