Prospect Info: Jared Davidson

Habsfire87

May 7, 2010
Whatever happened to Davidson? He had a nice camp, since then he's only played 1 AHL game and I haven't heard any updates.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Ah ok. Looking forward to seeing him play when healthy now that some spots have opened up on the team.

he was spotted in a regular practice jersey yesterday. Given that laval's next game is in a bit less than a week, there's a good chance he suits up.

1699390362151.png

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
Whatever happened to Davidson? He had a nice camp, since then he's only played 1 AHL game and I haven't heard any updates.
Oct 21 2023:
the Laval Rocket announced that forward Jared Davidson sustained an upper-body injury during the team's practice. The Canadiens' fifth-round pick in 2022 will be evaluated on a weekly basis and could therefore miss several games.

"Forward Jared Davidson (upper-body injury) is being evaluated on a weekly basis. He sustained the injury during a practice." - Laval Rocket

This is unfortunate news for the 21-year-old forward, who had an impressive training camp with the Canadiens before the start of the season. Although he has only played one game with the Canadiens' farm team this year, Davidson has significant potential.

He was downright dominant in his last two seasons in the WHL, recording 70 goals and 91 assists (161 points) in 124 games with the Seattle Thunderbirds. Notably, he was a key player in the playoffs with an impressive 11 goals and 12 assists, helping his team reach the Memorial Cup in 2022-2023.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Jets fan offered me Lambert for Monahan. I didn't know if right deal or not?

I would do it. He's an open ice player mainly, and pretty soft, but then so are Nylander & Ehlers. He's that type of player. He's having a good season in AHL at almost ppg. His skating is elite too. He'd improve team speed.

I don't think he's a center at NHL level, but you can always try him out & see for sure.

If anything it sounds like an over payment by Winnipeg.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would do it. He's an open ice player mainly, and pretty soft, but then so are Nylander & Ehlers. He's that type of player. He's having a good season in AHL at almost ppg. His skating is elite too. He'd improve team speed.

I don't think he's a center at NHL level, but you can always try him out & see for sure.

If anything it sounds like an over payment by Winnipeg.
I was going to counter offer asking for our 2nd back also. Maybe I should leave well enough alone

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Jets fan offered me Lambert for Monahan. I didn't know if right deal or not?

Hell no!!!

Hughes would rather intentionally contract genital warts and then agree to have a rat gnaw them off before he would agree to add an enormous dbag like Lambert and his meddling father to the organization.

Reactions: Tyson

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Injuries derailed season. Guy played a lot of hockey in the last 2 years he should do better in the 2nd half.

From very limited glimpses of his game last year and the few touches he had in training camp,I like the game he plays. Has talent and vision and not afraid to get his nose dirty.
Liked what limited action I saw from Kidney in camp but that's another thread.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I been wondering how it was going with him. He looked like future NHLer in camp.
I think he will become a kind of tweener over the years where he will be solid AHL contributor, maybe even an high end player, but will struggle to make an impact at the NHL level.

As some of those tweeners sometimes manage, he may be able to carve a niche after some years as a mainstay depth player.

I like this pick a lot, even though I don't think he can become a star player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad