Prospect Info: Jared Davidson

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Yep, he went down the RHP route in that RHP was drafted I think at 20 and only earned an AHL contract. RHP of course proved himself and earned an NHL entry level contract less than a year later. I think Simoneau is also on an AHL deal, I could be wrong.
Simoneau started on an AHL deal but signed his ELC earlier this year.

I love this approach of taking shots at late bloomers and using the extra year of junior/first year of AHL for holding the rights.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Yep, he went down the RHP route in that RHP was drafted I think at 20 and only earned an AHL contract. RHP of course proved himself and earned an NHL entry level contract less than a year later. I think Simoneau is also on an AHL deal, I could be wrong.
Simoneau has an NHL ELC. You might be thinking of Tourigny.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Question:

Since he doesn’t have an NHL contract (ELC) are the Habs at risk of another team signing him to an ELC?

My frame of reference is NFL practice squads where teams can sign players from other teams’ practice squads but they have to be promoted to the 53-man roster

Thanks

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Question:

Since he doesn’t have an NHL contract (ELC) are the Habs at risk of another team signing him to an ELC?

My frame of reference is NFL practice squads where teams can sign players from other teams’ practice squads but they have to be promoted to the 53-man roster

Thanks
No we still own his rights until next June 2024. He will probably signed an ELC after this season

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Big fan of Davidson who has shown the perseverance too get t the point where he has shown his talent level in a premium role on a team.

He's also strong and owning a decent frame. Kid can play up and down the lineup and contribute in different roles.

Swiss knife that brings sandpaper. Plays C and wing and could be a replacement for Evans.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Big fan of Davidson who has shown the perseverance too get t the point where he has shown his talent level in a premium role on a team.

He's also strong and owning a decent frame. Kid can play up and down the lineup and contribute in different roles.

Swiss knife that brings sandpaper. Plays C and wing and could be a replacement for Evans.
He looks bigger than the listed 6' 180 lbs.Nice to see he has hands and grit.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Question:

Thanks
Normally, say a Gignac or Bourque, yes there is that risk.

With Davidson and other 2022 draftees, no not yet, because the deadline to sign the draftee has not come yet. For some players, we have another couple of years on the reserve list. It depends where they are drafted from and what year they were drafted

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Definitely one of the standouts of this camp so far. Looked good in his first game, smart plays all around.

You can see that he understands the game and even though he isn’t the most explosive skater he was able to create separation because if his reads on the ice.

I think he could carve a career long term on a fourth line. He’ll probably have to go through a lot before he gets there (ECHL/AHL).

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I think he could carve a career long term on a fourth line. He’ll probably have to go through a lot before he gets there (ECHL/AHL).

It's obviously a bit early to say, but he seems like he might be more than a potential fourth liner.

I liked what I saw from him. He looks big and heavy on his skate. Nice skating, a good IQ.

Reactions: KFlint

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
So, we can't sign him to NHL contract?
Of course we can, but Price forbid we rush him, lol.

All kidding aside, since ELC players can also be sent to T-Rivières, the only practical differences between signing him now versus after the season but before Jun 1 2024 are:
a. the Habs can't use him this year on an AHL contract if we should want to​
b. an NHL contract would count against our 50 permitted​

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It's obviously a bit early to say, but he seems like he might be more than a potential fourth liner.

I liked what I saw from him. He looks big and heavy on his skate. Nice skating, a good IQ.
I think he could be a 9th-10th forward within 2 years, and probably peak there.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I see him as a 3rd liner in a few years, he;s got a motor and seems to always been in the right position. Total surprise later pick that has seemingly surprised

Pearson was an overager 1st rounder he's a good role model for him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes they can. But they didn't sign him to an AHL deal to cancel that and sign him to an ELC.

They're going the RHP/Simoneau route. They're doing the same with Tourigny.
Our bottom six disappointed tonight. It's only one game, and really, when Dvo is back, all of Pearson, Armia, Evans, Gallagher, Pez, and Ylonen should be out of the top 9 and competing for spots on the 4th line. But if we can't build a 4th line out of those 6 players, then the best candidate from Laval should be given a shot at the job. If that's Davidson, his AHL deal should be canceled, and he should be signed to an NHL deal.

Same thing if there are injuries and the lineup needs a boost and and he's the best candidate.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
You can't possibly look at tonight's lineup against the Leafs as an indication of anything at all. We iced an AHL teaming two decent proven NHLers (Monahan and Anderson), nothing else.

Gallagher, Armia, Evans, etc., won't be playing top-6, nor will they see massive PP time.

Barron will not be a fixture in the D-Corps' top-4 and he is not playing with enough confidence to deserve a crack at playing on the PP above Matheson, Guhle, Harris and even Xhekaj, who is one of the few Ds on this team that can regularly get the puck on net with the one man advantage.

Wipe this from your memory, in the hopes that tomorrow night's roster is of a better quality with our best players returning to the lineup.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Our bottom six disappointed tonight. It's only one game, and really, when Dvo is back, all of Pearson, Armia, Evans, Gallagher, Pez, and Ylonen should be out of the top 9 and competing for spots on the 4th line. But if we can't build a 4th line out of those 6 players, then the best candidate from Laval should be given a shot at the job. If that's Davidson, his AHL deal should be canceled, and he should be signed to an NHL deal.

Same thing if there are injuries and the lineup needs a boost and and he's the best candidate.

I don't think they will need to cancel his AHL deal. They didn't with RHP and didn't with Simoneau. They're going to let Davidson in the minors all year. No reason to cancel his AHL deal and sign him to his ELC.

You named 5 guys before you turned to Davidson. It will never come to all 5 of those guys not being good enough for at the least a 4th line, even Armia and Gallagher.

They'll call up Andersson, Maillet, and Stephens before they cancel Davidson's AHL deal.

Reactions: 26Mats

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018

There’s no need to rush him though, like all of our prospects he should have time.

The team is finally in a spot where all those prospects are making the jump to professional hockey and they should delay unless one truly forces their hands.

Davidson will play out his year in the ECHL/AHL and if everything goes well they will definitely sign him.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There’s no need to rush him though, like all of our prospects he should have time.

The team is finally in a spot where all those prospects are making the jump to professional hockey and they should delay unless one truly forces their hands.

Davidson will play out his year in the ECHL/AHL and if everything goes well they will definitely sign him.
True. Though Davidson is old (21). So if he's ready he's ready. But yes, in general, better to let him dominate the AHL over being a 4th liner in the NHL.

Reactions: MadMslm

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3