Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Meh, I'm fine with Juulsen going in for a game or two, won't matter all that much.

Wonder which Oiler is gonna step up and fight Zadorov? Or are they just going to try to hug it out like they did last night.
They don’t need to fight him. Just throw a knee on Hughes or a hit from behind on Boeser.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Shows the lack of faith Vancouver has in winning this series when they have to resort to that move after the game is over. Edmonton blowout win incoming for Game 4.
How’s that Oilers’ sweep coming along?
You’re definitely one of the more balanced posters here. Always love to read your takes.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The clip above is so disingenuous, leaves out the slashing beforehand.

This is the full clip:

I mean what I see is Soucy shove/cross check McDavid, McDavid responds with slash to the leg (a well protected area), and then he receives a similar slash back followed by a cross check from behind and a cross check to the face.

For the record i already said in the GDT I thought the crosscheck to the face was a result of the Zadorov cross check a moment before and wasn't Soucy's intention, but to try to absolve Soucy from starting this whole thing is hilarious. I'm genuinely surprised that Soucy has a hearing today.

Reactions: nabob and Duder54

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Love tap by McDavid.
Followed by a love tap from Soucy.
Cowardly cheap shot (but not overly forceful) on the lower back by Zadorov which makes McD flinch forward.
Soucy aiming for the upper chest (neck? I'll give benefit of the doubt) of McD but hits him in the face.

Soucy doesn't seem to want to cross-check McDavid in the face but since he is responsible for his stick, he deserves a suspension.

If the game would have been ongoing, McDavid would have deserved a 2 for slashing, Zadorov a 2 for cross-checking and Soucy a 5 for cross-checking.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yep, that happens when one team has puck possession way more than the other team.
Sure. Loved the response from the Oiler players after their meal ticket was involved in a scrum.
Now that’s a team that had each others backs.

Love tap by McDavid.
Cowardly cheap shot (but not overly forceful) on the lower back by Zadorov which males McD flinch forward.
Soucy aiming for the upper chest (neck? I'll give benefit of the doubt) of McD but hits him in the face.

Soucy doesn't seem to want to cross-check McDavid in the face but since he is responsible for his stick, he deserves a suspension.

If the game would have been ongoing, McDavid would have deserved a 2 for slashing, Zadorov a 2 for cross-checking and Soucy a 5 for cross-checking.
Two minutes for all 3 imo.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Love tap by McDavid.
Cowardly cheap shot (but not overly forceful) on the lower back by Zadorov which males McD flinch forward.

This post should just be stickied. It's correct.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Love tap by McDavid.

This is probably the most fair take. I'm genuinely surprised there's a hearing, but your comment about Soucy needing to control his stick even if it wasn't his intention is a fair argument for a suspension and is probably why the league decided to have a hearing.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
"Wah wah, we need more powerplays and suspensions or else how will we win?!" This league and the Oilers are an embarrassment to the sport.
Funny, considering that the Canucks coach was the one crying to the league before the league even scheduled games for this series. "Wah wah wah, it's not fair if you call penalties when we deserve them."

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
wah wah wah Kelly Sutherland is the ref tonight...he hates the Canucks!
Wah wah wah, Mark Spector wrote an article saying we whine and complain too much. Wah wah wah.

Ooh! A $5,000 fine.
Hits 50 to 30 for the Canucks.
No one would have gotten away with that against Gretzky. The Oiler players should be ashamed.
The Canucks never had the puck last night. Hit totals show which team had the puck the most just as much as it shows "physicality". Instead of being all arrogant about yesterday, you should be thanking the hockey gods that you stole one.

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
If there's one thing I've learned, is that hockey players need to stop diving when getting hit from behind. If McDavid doesn't dive here, he doesn't get crosschecked in the head. Simple as that. McDavid needs to protect himself. HF boards has enlightened me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad