Speculation: Isles Potential Trade Targets at D/G

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You are welcome to wait but there will not be a better defensemen available at the TDL then Green
that very well could be but you cant afford to resign him and the closer the deadline comes the less leverage youll have.
you could trade him, somewhere else but those teams dont have 2 1sts and 2 2nds so they will think twice about sacrificing their own

at the deadline if we hold our assets teams will be coming to us, thats why its wiser to be patient

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You are welcome to wait but there will not be a better defensemen available at the TDL then Green

My crystal ball is in the shop,so yours may be right.
I would still like to wait until closer to the TDL, see what teams fall out and make players available.
Green
Howard

For

Halak
Chimera
Hickey
Calgary 1st 2018
Calgary 2nd 2018
No interest in moving Calgary's 1st.Not after seeing draft lottery teams leapfrogging teams last season.

Gonna be interesting to see if Snow can avoid giving up the Flames 1st instead of his own

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I think our main priority is getting average goaltending. Howard would fit that need and probably just cost some draft picks or prospects (nothing off the roster). Building the defense with oel or someone similar would be very costly. I’d like to see if a goalie would fix us before we have to give up serious value to get some defense. But, we really need to fix this. We give up way too many goals.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I can't think of a single time where a goaltending tandem was really successful. Stop flip-flopping between Halak and Greiss. I don't even care which guy gets the job, but pick one. Tell everyone that this guy is the #1 moving forward, let him play through any struggles, and see what he can do.

I would bet that either guy would play better that way. No need to make a trade, just make up your mind.
Eh. They both suck. Flipping them between games makes them less suck. We need a real goalie.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Isles first priority should be a top 4 D. I think that would help isolate the goalie as much as possible, good/great defense can minimize goaltending flaws.

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
Oscar Dansk? My goodness, we've really jumped the shark in this thread. Here's a few points to recap (mind you, I'm a NYI fan)
1) The Brock Nelson thread contains some discourse that a Nelson for Martinez swap might be possible if NYI adds (Pelech was rejected as a LHD. So maybe Mayfield?)
2) NYI fans need to forget Soderstrom and Sorokin. The former's stats this year in Sweden are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE and Sorokin is never coming over. Period. Push it from your mind and you'll be able to move on.
3) I agree with Crew that I'd not be inclined to move the Calgary 1st.
4) Green + Howard from Detroit. Now that could be something, especially if the cap goes up a rumored, allowing us to keep JT and Bailey with those two incoming contracts. Maybe switch Clutterbuck (with NYI retaining a tad) instead of Chimera's expiring contract (that Clutterbuck deal is without a doubt the worst on the NYI, and that's saying something considering we dolled out NTC to Boychuk and Ladd)

OEL and Raanta, is the answer for me.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Oscar Dansk? My goodness, we've really jumped the shark in this thread. Here's a few points to recap (mind you, I'm a NYI fan)
1) The Brock Nelson thread contains some discourse that a Nelson for Martinez swap might be possible if NYI adds (Pelech was rejected as a LHD. So maybe Mayfield?)
2) NYI fans need to forget Soderstrom and Sorokin. The former's stats this year in Sweden are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE and Sorokin is never coming over. Period. Push it from your mind and you'll be able to move on.
4) Green + Howard from Detroit. Now that could be something, especially if the cap goes up a rumored, allowing us to keep JT and Bailey with those two incoming contracts. Maybe switch Clutterbuck (with NYI retaining a tad) instead of Chimera's expiring contract (that Clutterbuck deal is without a doubt the worst on the NYI, and that's saying something considering we dolled out NTC to Boychuk and Ladd)

OEL is a franchise player for the Coyotes. Raanta is a goaltender capable of actually stopping pucks unlike his backups. They won't get traded.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
What would you offer for Weber and Lindgren? We’d want Barzal+defenseman

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

want nothing to do with howard just this past weekend he gave up 5 goals on 9 shots to Montreal, the same montreal thats at the bottom of the league in scoring.

goalies are pretty fungible and reflect the team defense Greis and Halak are nothing great but their not the cause of our problems either

its dumb to trade assets only to find that youre in the same shape you were beforehand

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I mean, I like Braun, but like I said I think a lefty is a better fit short term and long term. A righty blocks Mayfield and Pulock from playing this year and next year. However, if we are going after a righty, then Braun would be awesome.

Dell is meh to me. I think he's okay, but I'm very weary on bringing in goalies with little experience. I have been very critical of the Hurricanes handing that contract to Scott Darling. Sometimes it works, like Jones to SJ, or it blows up in your face royally, like Darling to CAR. So Dell, to me, has no value to the Islanders.

I think your proposal is too many moving pieces.

Fair enough. Sharks need scoring for this season and a non playoff first for the years to come. You have both. You need better team defense. Sharks have that and then some. Should be something we could help each other with.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013

Why would a team trade a goalie they just got that they are expecting to be their starting goaltender when healthy?? Would never happen

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What would you offer for Weber and Lindgren? We’d want Barzal+defenseman
Lmao
Nothing.20 yr old Barzal is not available.
There is not a player in the Habs organization who lands Barzal and yeah, that includes the 32 yr old Weber with his remaining 8 years.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
De Haan is a solid #3, who the isles won't give $5m per to.
Seids and Hickey are also ufas in July.
We are told the isles kicked the tires on Vanaten this summer.He would have been a nice pickup.A cost controlled top 4.

I do not see the isles paying Green what he could get from some team on July 1st.
Green is an.option,but not an ideal one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad