Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Would our Milwaukee amigos in here care to comment on this?

Would've guessed Milwaukee would be the most misspelled since we pronounce it "Muhwaukee."

Seriously though, I blame the media not knowing how to say it. We're not "Wesconsin." We're not "Whisk-CON-sin." We're just Wisconsin. We're the only ones who know how to say it right. ;)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Would've guessed Milwaukee would be the most misspelled since we pronounce it "Muhwaukee."

Seriously though, I blame the media not knowing how to say it. We're not "Wesconsin." We're not "Whisk-CON-sin." We're just Wisconsin. We're the only ones who know how to say it right. ;)
What about Wiscansin?

........sorry.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Bill:
You're not in Wisconsin, Dave. The big story isn't about a cow wandering into the town square.

Dave:
Bill, I worked in Milwaukee, you know. It's a city with a population of a million people.

Bill:
So that must have been quite a hubbub when that cow got loose!

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Bill:
You're not in Wisconsin, Dave. The big story isn't about a cow wandering into the town square.

Dave:
Bill, I worked in Milwaukee, you know. It's a city with a population of a million people.

Bill:
So that must have been quite a hubbub when that cow got loose!

:laugh: Loved that show. Can't remember what episode that was from, but totally remember that discussion.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Would our Milwaukee amigos in here care to comment on this?

Georgia's misspelled word is "Gray" that is kinda funny since it has 2 spellings Grey or Gray. I wonder if that's taken into account.
Also a lot of people in this country needs to watch Bruce Almighty to learn how to spell Beautiful.

Also what do you think of when I type this word "Bass"? A fish or Music?

Last edited:

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Georgia's misspelled word is "Gray" that is kinda funny since it has 2 spellings Grey or Gray. I wonder if that's taken into account.
Also a lot of people in this country needs to watch Bruce Almighty to learn how to spell Beautiful.

Also what do you think of when I type this word "Bass"? A fish or Music?

Music, but then, I play bass.

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me a run down of our top prospects right now and what you see as their potential i.e. 60 point player, or top pairing D?

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
If you're looking for our NHL-ready prospects, check out our young guys in the SCF :laugh:

:laugh:

I know about our NHL guys (Kevin Fiala, Pontus Aberg, Colton Sissions, and Freddy Gaudreau) but I'm a bit more interested in our Milwaukee guys and those in the junior leagues.

I expect guys like Kamenev and Carrier to compete for a spot at the big club next year, would this be an accurate assumption?

Also what do some of you Ads think of Tyler Moy. I remember when we drafted him - thinking he most likely would end up nowhere. But his stat line is very intriguing.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
:laugh:

I know about our NHL guys (Kevin Fiala, Pontus Aberg, Colton Sissions, and Freddy Gaudreau) but I'm a bit more interested in our Milwaukee guys and those in the junior leagues.

I expect guys like Kamenev and Carrier to compete for a spot at the big club next year, would this be an accurate assumption?

Also what do some of you Ads think of Tyler Moy. I remember when we drafted him - thinking he most likely would end up nowhere. But his stat line is very intriguing.

Gaudreau has played all of 9 NHL regular season games.

I have been surprised not to see Kamenev playing, especially with the shortage at center.

Moy played 3 games in Milwaukee with 1 G 3A for a +3 and 2 PIMs. He had no stats in 2 playoff games. He is 6'1" and 195# shoots R.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Any Milwaukee fans have any observations about Tyler Kelleher? I watched him at UNH and I'm curious to see how he's doing against stronger, more physical opponents.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
I'm a little disappointed that guys like Kamenev haven't seen even a minute of NHL playoff action this year. These are well-rested players who could make a difference on stamina alone.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I have a friend who plays for Harvard and from our brief conversation about Moy, it seems like he's a solid two way player who could use a little more offensive touch. Like Kamanev but without the big body. The kid played on a very old and experienced Harvard team (mostly seniors) so I think his stats are a little bit inflated. I think his ceiling is a 3C but likely a lifetime AHLer.

To add to your list, Trenin is a name to look out for. He's still young, hasn't seen NA ice yet, but he sounds like he'll be next in line after Kamanev gets called up.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
To add to your list, Trenin is a name to look out for. He's still young, hasn't seen NA ice yet, but he sounds like he'll be next in line after Kamanev gets called up.

He's been playing in Quebec for the last couple of years and played 5 games with Milwaukee last year.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't follow the Ads as much as I should, so here's my question.....

Is Carrier the most likely defenseman to look at as someone who could come up to Nashville and make a good contribution? The bottom pairing was really exposed deep in the playoffs so you have to wonder how we're gonna address that issue.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
The bottom pairing was really exposed deep in the playoffs so you have to wonder how we're gonna address that issue.

THIS. Weber/Irwin were adequate regular season, but definitely exposed in post season. As play progressed their ice time and importance diminished. I would expect that bottom pairing needs shoring up somehow, even if it is only half the pairing. Bitteto is not the answer.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Carrier would be similar to Weber. Irwin imo is the real issue. Just really really slow and not a good skater.

Seems like the Ads have (in recent memory) not been able to develop a stay-at-home defenseman. Everyone, be it Josi, Ellis or Carrier, are all offensively oriented.

Even Ekholm seemed to develop more in Nashville than he did in Milwaukee, only playing 40-50 games his one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad