Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
THIS. Weber/Irwin were adequate regular season, but definitely exposed in post season. As play progressed their ice time and importance diminished. I would expect that bottom pairing needs shoring up somehow, even if it is only half the pairing. Bitteto is not the answer.

I guess I am in the minority here, but I still think this is a pretty big overreaction. They did struggle some in the Penguins series, no argument there. But we just completed a playoff run in that we were by far the #1 defensive team in the entire playoffs. So how much were they "exposed" exactly???

Again, for most of the season, and even part of the playoffs our 3rd pair was praised as one of the best in the league. Then they have a couple of bad games and it just seems to me like everyone overreacts and freaks out.

They are 3rd pair guys for a reason- you aren't going to have a 3rd pairing that doesn't get exposed some. If they never got exposed then they wouldn't be 3rd pair.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Looks like we've signed our 2014 5th round pick Joonas Lyytinen to a two-year ELC.

22 year old 6'0 160 lbs left shot defenseman from Finland. Played for Kalpa last season where he had 24 pts in 54 regular season games and 7 in 18 playoff games.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Girard and Fabbro get WJC camp invites for Team Canada while Harper gets one for Team USA.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Girard and Fabbro get WJC camp invites for Team Canada while Harper gets one for Team USA.

Harper came to my work last year with Moy, Stepan, and somebody else who escapes me as a part of the rookie's PR day and we played some ball hockey. I was SHOCKED at how small he was. Literally looked about 13 years old. He must have some crazy skill though. What a year for him at BU. He's a darkhorse prospect for us I think.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Harper came to my work last year with Moy, Stepan, and somebody else who escapes me as a part of the rookie's PR day and we played some ball hockey. I was SHOCKED at how small he was. Literally looked about 13 years old. He must have some crazy skill though. What a year for him at BU. He's a darkhorse prospect for us I think.

Kelleher is 5'6" and 154 pounds. I am a few inches taller and 10 pounds heavier than him. I don't think his ability will ovrcome his size. You make me wonder about Harper and his size. You can have one Martin St. Louis on your team, you can't afford two of them!

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Kelleher is 5'6" and 154 pounds. I am a few inches taller and 10 pounds heavier than him. I don't think his ability will ovrcome his size. You make me wonder about Harper and his size. You can have one Martin St. Louis on your team, you can't afford two of them!

Odds are one or both will be busts, but if one of them does become a St. Louis we certainly look pretty genius.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Hank Crone, one of our invites, played for Fargo last year and is headed to BU. His stand-out attribute is his speed down the wing. I wasn't all that impressed when I saw him a couple of times early in the year, but he really turned it on down the stretch and pushed Fargo into the playoffs.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Anthony Bitetto went to college at Northeastern
Mark Dekanich went to Colgate
Mike McKenna went to St. Lawrence University
Colin Wilson as mentioned Boston U
recently signed Tyler Moy went to Harvard

other notable college hockey players for us
Craig Smith
Ryan Suter
Mark Eaton
Blake Geoffrion
Jack Dougherty

but you know that one kid didn't sign with us soo.......

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Goodness, all I said was upper east college players are interfered with constantly. They are.
Fabbro probably would never sign here. I was just basing this on the constant calls for him to be included in a trade.
And that some agent was probably whispering all that to him. Again they are.
All of a sudden, it seems I was calling for Preds to draft no college prospects. I wasn't.

I saw a direct quote from Fabbro saying he was going to college to play hockey, not get a degree. AKA he is going to be there one more year. He won't have a shot to go UFA.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I've never blamed Vesey's flip flopping on where he played, I've blamed it on his good ole hockey family who probably scoffed at the idea of their NHL golden child playing in lowly Nashville. For all I know, Vesey didn't even have a problem playing here, he was just steered in another direction by his "advisers". Whatever the case, I don't care, and I also don't think Fabbro is going to flake out on us like that.

I'm also starting to cool on the idea of just throwing him away in every trade proposal we think up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad