Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I've never blamed Vesey's flip flopping on where he played, I've blamed it on his good ole hockey family who probably scoffed at the idea of their NHL golden child playing in lowly Nashville. For all I know, Vesey didn't even have a problem playing here, he was just steered in another direction by his "advisers". Whatever the case, I don't care, and I also don't think Fabbro is going to flake out on us like that.

I'm also starting to cool on the idea of just throwing him away in every trade proposal we think up.

Part of the reason he's being included in trade proposals is our current top 4 is so solid and signed for several more years that there is concern he will end up in a Jonesish situation where he is too good for bottom pair but we have no spot for him in the top 4.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Part of the reason he's being included in trade proposals is our current top 4 is so solid and signed for several more years that there is concern he will end up in a Jonesish situation where he is too good for bottom pair but we have no spot for him in the top 4.
Yeah this may be true I just have a hard time doing so much long-term speculation, even if it's a likely scenario.

This is also assuming Ellis re-signs with us. It's hard to imagine him not doing it (*cough* especially as the Captain), but anything is possible when you're a UFA.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Ellis becomes a UFA the same year as Rinne, so we'll almost certainly have space to play with there.

And the flip side of having a repeat of the Jones scenario with Fabbro is that we could trade one of our established d-men if needs be.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I think we need to develop Fabbro and Girard and see how it goes after.

I agree with this. Add Carrier to this group.

You trade one if it makes sense, but we have room for them now at 5/6 defenseman. We may have room for them in 2 years if Ellis leaves. They are perfectly placed in our pipeline.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA

This is a great article! Since I went to the dev camp today, I was able to see these prospects compared side by side and learn more about each player. Speaking of side by side, as mentioned in this article, Edjsell is a good head's length taller than almost everyone else on the ice. Except for maybe Vomacka and Shortridge...Anyways Edjsell's skill wasn't so large. Like with other large players, Edjsell is not very fast. Not very explosive with each stride either. His edgework was not great and he probably fell the most out of the forward group today. All the drills tested skating and stick handling and Edjsell was definitely exposed. He was clumsy with the puck and had trouble collecting it along the boards. He seems like he will have great success in front of the net, since he's so big and strong, but that's where I see most of his goals coming from. His wrist shot is strong, but not particularly accurate. All in all, I don't see him making the team until next year or more likely the year after that. I promise you that he will not be our 2C at the beginning of the year. His skill set reminds me of Austin Watson. Hopefully he'll be more than a 4th line player in the future.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
[Tweet]880555686052204544[/MEDIA]

ECHL signing or something? He's 25 and had VERY bad numbers in the AHL the past 2 seasons. Maybe they're giving him a shot at AHL backup?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
The Edsjell vs Diaby comparison is scary. I remember watching Diaby in this same camp and thinking he couldn't skate with the any of the other prospects.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
It is concerning that the only thing anybody says about Edsjell is he's big and can't skate. You'd like to think that all the teams scouting him saw something. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that, so we'll wait and see.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I remember the first season Ekholm came over for camp and preseason. His skating looked horrendous. A swift gust of wind was knocking the dude off balance. He was falling all over the place. I remember Trotz searing him. Now I'm not saying Edjsell is a good skater or he isn't but the point is judging him from this one week is ludicrous. The adjustment period is real for many Euro players.

Last edited:

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I remember the first season Ekholm was came over for camp and preseason. His skating looked horrendous. A swift gust of wind was knocking the dude off balance. He was falling all over the place. I remember Trotz searing him. Now I'm not saying Edjsell is a good skater or he isn't but the point is judging him from this one week is ludicrous. The adjustment period is real for many Euro players.

Didn't Trotz call Ekholm completely horrible in his first game? If not his first, it was one of his early games, Trotz absolutely shredded him after the game, by name. I think they sent him back overseas like the very next day too.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Didn't Trotz call Ekholm completely horrible in his first game? If not his first, it was one of his early games, Trotz absolutely shredded him after the game, by name. I think they sent him back overseas like the very next day too.

Yeah, Trotz blasted his performance in the media and he was back in Europe shortly thereafter. There was a lot of hype (rightly so as it turned out) about his potential. Just took a little time for Ekholm to develop.

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Edsjell is not a bad skater (not amazing either, but not bad), watch his game tape. I've seen him zoom past guys.

Also his hands aren't great but they seem slick when he's around the net.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
If people would read the article about Edjsell it says he looked bad skating wise the first day but adjusted well the second day. I think it's funny that the first thing said about someone around here people take for gospel and run with it. Comical.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
If people would read the article about Edjsell it says he looked bad skating wise the first day but adjusted well the second day. I think it's funny that the first thing said about someone around here people take for gospel and run with it. Comical.

"Ejdsell’s skating on Day 1 looked awkward. He looked a little more loosened up and smooth on Day 2 in more of the scrimmage style line drills but he is going to need some time to adjust into the North American game."

He was probably the worst skater in rookie development camp aside from some of the invite guys. He looked rough on day 4 too.

TheJungleHunter

Jun 6, 2017
Nashville, TN
Is the Future Preds Game tonight open to the public? If so, when & where is it taking place? I just saw it mentioned in one of the articles posted, but have seen nothing else about it.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Is the Future Preds Game tonight open to the public? If so, when & where is it taking place? I just saw it mentioned in one of the articles posted, but have seen nothing else about it.

The week will culminate with a Future Stars Game to be held Friday, June 30 at 7 p.m. at Bridgestone Arena. General admission tickets to the game are available for a $10 donation ($5 for Season-Ticket Citizens) to the Ford Ice Center Scholarship Fund.

Was just gonna come and ask if anyone's going. Wish they'd stream these, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad