Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
The offense was kind of bad. A lot of 1 man rushes and 2 on 3s. I don't think that having Aberg would have made much of a difference. When you lose 2 OT games, you are losing good chances to win those games.

Not sure if you watched any of 2 games in GR (I missed G1 admittedly), but Game 2, the offense actually had sustained pressure, unlike anything last night. I think they finally realized though, that if they could shut-down the Ribeiro-Gaudreau-Richard line, no one else was going to do much. Having Aberg to at least give another line a fighting chance would have helped significantly... we were pretty poor on the PP the whole series.

Every game this series was essentially a 1-goal game, and mental gaffes in Games 1 and Games 2 are what killed the team more than the lack of offensive firepower.

That all being said, this year's series was at least more entertaining to watch than last year, for whatever that's worth. Maybe because last year, we had home ice and did nothing versus having no expectations and putting up a better fight.

I liked what I saw (most of the time, that drop-pass in G2 was worthy of the benching in G3) from Girard, a shame and a waste that he's ineligible for the AHL next season. By the time he's eligible, he'll likely be a Predator.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I highly suspect there will be some gentlemen on a plane from Grand Rapids to St. Louis, via Milwaukee.

tre should be more than one. With the Ads season over(sorry Ads fans) we should call up as many as we are allowed to. Kamanev and Gadreau at a minimum.

Is Granberg with the Ads or up with us?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
tre should be more than one. With the Ads season over(sorry Ads fans) we should call up as many as we are allowed to. Kamanev and Gadreau at a minimum.

Is Granberg with the Ads or up with us?

Would they even call Granberg up? He looked terrible most of this season with the Ads. I'd expect to see Pardy and Carrier called up.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Daniel Lavender of the Admirals Roundtable reported (perhaps for the last time) that Marek Mazenec was called up to Nashville.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Not sure if you watched any of 2 games in GR (I missed G1 admittedly), but Game 2, the offense actually had sustained pressure, unlike anything last night. I think they finally realized though, that if they could shut-down the reauRibeiro-Gaud-Richard line, no one else was going to do much. Having Aberg to at least give another line a fighting chance would have helped significantly... we were pretty poor on the PP the whole series.

Every game this series was essentially a 1-goal game, and mental gaffes in Games 1 and Games 2 are what killed the team more than the lack of offensive firepower.

That all being said, this year's series was at least more entertaining to watch than last year, for whatever that's worth. Maybe because last year, we had home ice and did nothing versus having no expectations and putting up a better fight.

I liked what I saw (most of the time, that drop-pass in G2 was worthy of the benching in G3) from Girard, a shame and a waste that he's ineligible for the AHL next season. By the time he's eligible, he'll likely be a Predator.

Chris, I did not see the games in GR. I caught part of Games 1 and 2 on the radio.

I did mention that the two OT games could have gone the other way. I wish they would have done so. Even Game 2 was a one goal game until Maz was pulled.

I agree that the Admirals put up more of a fight this year. Usually, I get pretty upset watching the last game of the year. This year, not so much. Milwaukee looked like they were going to win Game 3 until the last 5 minutes or so. The tying goal was kind of heart breaking. I was really looking forward to a game on Friday.

Kamenev was kind of a disappointment in the playoffs. He has plenty of talent, but the other teams target him and try to bounce him around to get him off his game. I remember the recent game when he was hit high from the front and low from behind at the same time. That would be a 15 yard penalty in football, but the idiot ref called nothing! Kam looked like his knee was injured. He didn't miss a shift. He came back out and hammered a few guys. I like to see that spirit. He would be more effective with more support from his wingers. He had a goal and was a -4.

White is good, but he is smallish. White had no points in the playoffs and was a -4. Kirkland needs another year on the team and he could be dangerous out there. He did have 2 assists and was a +1.

Ribeiro feeding Gaudreau was a big part of the Admirals success. Freddy had 3 goals and an assist for a -1. Ribeiro had 3 assists and a zero. Anthony Richard had an assist and a zero.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Would they even call Granberg up? He looked terrible most of this season with the Ads. I'd expect to see Pardy and Carrier called up.

I agree with both sentences.

Granberg had a goal and was a -1. Carrier had 2 assists and was a -2. Pardy had no points in the three games but was still a zero. He has recovered from his broken arm.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Daniel Lavender of the Admirals Roundtable reported (perhaps for the last time) that Marek Mazenec was called up to Nashville.

Did you mean "perhaps for the last time" in regards to the part before the parenthesis or after the parenthesis? :laugh:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
so did the Swedish FA sign with anyone yet?

And what about the one that was our draft pick? Pettersson?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Did you mean "perhaps for the last time" in regards to the part before the parenthesis or after the parenthesis? :laugh:

I meant that Lavender posted that he may be quitting as the Editor of the Roundtable.

I would not be surprised to see Mazenec moving elsewhere. He could go to Europe or be the back-up in Las Vegas. He has 31 games of NHL experience. LV can use that on their expansion team.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I meant that Lavender posted that he may be quitting as the Editor of the Roundtable.

I would not be surprised to see Mazenec moving elsewhere. He could go to Europe or be the back-up in Las Vegas. He has 31 games of NHL experience. LV can use that on their expansion team.

In...a trade?

There's no way, none, that LV takes Maz over whichever of Jarnkrok\Neal they leave unprotected. Not unless it's a "here's Maz and a first round pick, please don't take these other players" type of deal.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Chicoutimi got eliminated from the QMJHL playoffs in 6 games. Allard finished with 4+10 in 17 games, good for 3rd among defensemen scoring.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
In...a trade?

There's no way, none, that LV takes Maz over whichever of Jarnkrok\Neal they leave unprotected. Not unless it's a "here's Maz and a first round pick, please don't take these other players" type of deal.

That sounds like a plan!

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
In...a trade?

I think it's too much. If you were LV, would you take a potential starting goaltender to avoid taking one player? Sure, you would. You still get to pick another player from our team. Why wouldn't you? It's not like a Jankrok would make a difference in LV making the playoffs.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I think it's too much. If you were LV, would you take a potential starting goaltender to avoid taking one player? Sure, you would. You still get to pick another player from our team. Why wouldn't you? It's not like a Jankrok would make a difference in LV making the playoffs.

Mazanec hasn't even shown himself as a capable NHL backup, let alone a potential starter.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Compare to some of the other potential goalies available and I don't even see how Maz would make LV's NHL team.

this. teams can only protect one goalie. Pittsburg is gonna lose either Murray or Fleury. Maz isn't even on McPhees radar

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
this. teams can only protect one goalie. Pittsburg is gonna lose either Murray or Fleury. Maz isn't even on McPhees radar

Actually, due to Fleury's NMC, Pitt will have to trade or buy him out prior to the expansion draft so they don't lose Murray. Might just trade him to Vegas if he'll accept it (though I don't personally see why he would at this stage of his career) Point remains though, MUCH better goalies available for Vegas.

SeventyOneTN

Oct 26, 2009
Actually, due to Fleury's NMC, Pitt will have to trade or buy him out prior to the expansion draft so they don't lose Murray. Might just trade him to Vegas if he'll accept it (though I don't personally see why he would at this stage of his career) Point remains though, MUCH better goalies available for Vegas.

And the last pick of the first round won't have all that much value, plus they will want whomever of Smith, Wilson, or Jarnkrok is the biggest hero in the finals.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah Maz is the last guy they will pick. Odds are it's a forward and if I had to bet I'm guessing Jarnkrok is at the top due to being a center and being on a good contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad