Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Preds change their ECHL affiliate to the Norfolk Admirals. So you can go from being an admiral, to being an admiral to playing in the home of the first US admiral; Admiral Farragut. MIND. BLOWN. :laugh:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Preds change their ECHL affiliate to the Norfolk Admirals. So you can go from being an admiral, to being an admiral to playing in the home of the first US admiral; Admiral Farragut. MIND. BLOWN. :laugh:

I remember when it was Rockford, prior to their ascension to the AHL. Remember Kevin Klein's days as a Rockford Ice Hog. We were sharing Cincinatti with Florida...wonder if we will share the "other Admirals" as they were known in the days of the AHL\IHL merger with anyone else.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008

So to avoid confusion, we are now using the terms "Madmirals" and "Nadmirals", right?

(M as in Mancy, anyone? :laugh:)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So to avoid confusion, we are now using the terms "Madmirals" and "Nadmirals", right?

(M as in Mancy, anyone? :laugh:)

I have always referred to Milwaukee, which you could use, as the Admirals.

Norfolk is the "other Admirals" to me.

When they played each other in 2001 or 2002, it was Milwaukee versus Norfolk.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
There's this:

http://bloggar.expressen.se/mrmadhawk/2017/05/08/ejdsell-klar-for-nashville/

Ejdsell ready for Nashville

May 8, 2017 @ 13:49 By Johan Svensson
Category: Disables
Victor Ejdsell's season has been phenomenal. He went from a forwards far down the chains of Färjestad, to being HockeyAllsvenskan's foremost player, and got it crowned by debuting in Tre Kronor at the end of the season.

Next season Ejdsell has already written for HV71, which Henrik Sjöberg could reveal on March 24th. But the transition is not yet official.
Sjöberg also revealed that Ejdsell could also sign an NHL contract on April 4.

According to safe sources of MrMadhawk.se, there are several NHL clubs that showed interest. Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks and Nashville Predators have been mentioned.
As a matter of fact, the election is done and it will be Nashville who wins the match of the 21-year-old.

Since Ejdsell has been overlooked in the draft at the time, all NHL clubs have been able to contribute to the BIK Karlskoga player who scored 57 points in 50 total Swedish matches and then continued to deliver points in the seven-game squad with seven points in ten matches .
At most matches in the Nobel Hall towards the end of the season, Nashvilles Swedish scout Lucas Bergman has been in place to look at him and also process him with the club's plans for him.

The plans then?
A lot points out that there will be camp this summer, then the ambition is that Ejdsell will play SHL hockey with HV71, just as planned.
Only one braking success at the camp will change the plans

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Good pickup, brings another option in replacing the guy we lose in ED. Even better, if he can play C effectively.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ejsdell and Pettersson. The swedish invasion of Nashville is official. I see both as future NHLers.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
cool. Would have been nice if the team had announced this but whatever.

isn't Pettersons brother projected to be a 1st rounder this summer?

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
I was so mad when Färjestad let him go last season. The guy really has everything to make it in the NHL.. Size, skill and hockey IQ. For me he is a fantastic center prospect for you guys, congrats!

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
This needs to be some sort of informal team slogan and then turned into a T-shirt.

DXRz7u4.png

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Have seen no one mention this anywhere yet but apparently Pettersson signed with us almost two weeks ago.

https://www.vaxjolakers.se/artikel/bvczaj1z0-4af7d/everberg-och-pettersson-lamnar

I'm still not 100% sure that he actually signed with the team. It could be that they're just saying that he's definitely leaving for the NHL and that he was drafted by the Preds in 2013. I beleive he's a UFA in a couple of months if he wants to be. No one reputable has confirmed the signing, nor has the team mentioned it at all. Just seems a bit strange for a signing that was to supposed to have happened weeks ago.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I'm still not 100% sure that he actually signed with the team. It could be that they're just saying that he's definitely leaving for the NHL and that he was drafted by the Preds in 2013. I beleive he's a UFA in a couple of months if he wants to be. No one reputable has confirmed the signing, nor has the team mentioned it at all. Just seems a bit strange for a signing that was to supposed to have happened weeks ago.

I know, but if you look at our CapFriendly page, he's already listed there too and I guess they have their own sources for these things. 2 years at 742,500 per.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
So where does Ejdsell fit in on our center prospect depth chart? Is he ahead of Trenin?

Well, he just won MVP of the Allsvenskan (Swedish tier 2 league, same league Forsberg played in before signing) putting up 57 points in 50 games. Trenin played in the QMJHL scoring 67 in 54 games. Ejdsell is one year older. Obviously I've never seen either play other than highlights, but just stat watching, I'd say Ejdsell should clearly be considered ahead.

Well that settles it, good to hear.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
that's good to see on Petterson now where the official club announcement on Edjsell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad