Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hrocks66

Nov 22, 2015
I have disabled java and flash on this site
pop up info, the silly animated emoticons and anything thing else animated will not work but i don't care.
the constant loading of trash made the site unreadable
i'm mostly just here to read after game and prospect comments, but like other have stated after this update this site has dropped
on my have to take a look list

i would like to know has anyone found a way to ignore threads yet, that was a fantastic way to weed out a lot of the clutter

Sep 19, 2008
I have disabled java and flash on this site
pop up info, the silly animated emoticons and anything thing else animated will not work but i don't care.
the constant loading of trash made the site unreadable
i'm mostly just here to read after game and prospect comments, but like other have stated after this update this site has dropped
on my have to take a look list

i would like to know has anyone found a way to ignore threads yet, that was a fantastic way to weed out a lot of the clutter
Only way I found is to ignore user

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
I don't wan't to see any useless avatar (I know they were there earlier, but I can't be bothered to make up my adblock rules to block them anymore)
I like quoting myself, lol. Here's the easy solution to my problem right there:
Code:
! get rid of avatars
hfboards.mandatory.com##.avatarHolder

Works like a charm in uBlock and should work with adblock as well. If you're annoyed by those avatars breaking the layout in message table, there's the easy solution.

I just might make another cup of coffee and start killing the things from my view with adblocks one by one.

edit: And here's how to get rid of those stupid likes in posts:
Code:
! don't care who likes which posts
hfboards.mandatory.com##.secondaryContent.likesSummary

Those two and some other tweaks actually made this look like a discussion forum!

Last edited:

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
That left profile bar needs to be way smaller. It would get rid of a ton of the empty space.

I just fooled around with the source code a bit and made it look like this:
1ktg.png

Last edited:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Not sure what they did behind the scenes the last week or so, but this site performance on all my desktops has come to a crawl. I understand this site runs on ad revenue, but i have had to enable ublock because of how intrusive the ads are and how much they slow the site down. Even with most everything blocked, this site is still extremely slow

Sep 19, 2008
I'm starting to sour on this update because it takes forever to render the website even on a high end computer like this one. The ads don't affect me and haven't for a very long time. It's the page loading. It's the incomplete rendering of tweets with pictures in them. They still have a lot of work to do to fix this shit. I mean it's still usable, but barely.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I'm starting to sour on this update because it takes forever to render the website even on a high end computer like this one. The ads don't affect me and haven't for a very long time. It's the page loading. It's the incomplete rendering of tweets with pictures in them. They still have a lot of work to do to fix this ****. I mean it's still usable, but barely.

lol, what's your system ix

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
Performance is rather slow and sluggish. As other have mentioned there are some on going memory leaks/CPU hogging with the site that that cripples your machine's resources. I'm on Chrome and notice a huge spike in CPU usage after a leaving hfboards tab open for a while, rendering the site useless. That isn't supposed to happen.

Alot of white space. Why isn't there an option to center the page like before? Also the avatars are blown the hell up than they were before. I don't need the avatar/thumbnails to distract me from the main content in threads.

The site does look cleaner I'll give it that. If they can just fix those major performance issues on notebooks/desktops, and all that white space. I think it will be perfect.

The new layout was clearly meant for mobile devices rather than desktops/notebooks.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's experiencing the lag on this page. I don't mind the overall look and some of the features but those ads and the slow loading and lag just make this new page very hard to enjoy.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Having a tough time multiquoting, it says adding to multi-quote but idk where that is???

On another forum I use that has this layout, there was an "Insert Quotes" option at the bottom, or when you hit "More Options" they'd automatically all populate.... but I have yet to see how to do either of those here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad