Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I disabled javascript in my browser (using chrome) and site performance has been much better. i'm starting to think this site is bitcoin mining using our computers

Reactions: dragonballgtz

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I dig it fine - I really don't like all the scrolling on the main page since they got rid of "Page 2" though. I understand that it's better to not bury all that content on another page, but damn, can't things be re-organized to better optimize the layout? So much useless white space and so much scrolling right now.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I disabled javascript in my browser (using chrome) and site performance has been much better. i'm starting to think this site is bitcoin mining using our computers

Yep, I browsed to a different website, came back to here, and seent my network usage was up. Disabled javascript as well, network usage went down and smoothness went up.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Took awhile but i'm used to it now. I do miss the drop down forums button and i lost my user name of 15 years but otherwise it's fine.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Seems to be a slow as heck on Chrome, I guess because Flash is blocked and even tho I unblock it every time, it gets blocked again.
It's javascript that's the issue not flash. If you disable javascript for this site you will see an improvement, but some things will not function right. Such as embedded tweets and what not.

Reactions: powerstuck

shello

Mar 5, 2011
Dana Point, CA
I get pop ups like crazy on my iPhone whenever I click on a thread after initially opening the site ever since the change. I don't think I've won that many free iPhone's internet

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Needs the "ignore thread" option, and/or the ability to set specific forums to "ignore" so you can browse new posts all at once without including forums you don't care about. Those were the best features for efficient browsing around here.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I have to say that blocking java script helps tremendously.
I didn't want to go to that length but it became unbearable when writing responses/creating a thread.
I just blocked javascript on hfboards.mandatory.com and lag/unresponsiveness is gone.

So thanks for that suggestion to whoever posted it first.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Yesterday the font was too thin. Today everything is bolded.

What the hell is going on here?

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Yeah needed to pop in here to ask if I'm the only one with this, I thought I had some weird font option on. This is not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->