• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
the site is becoming very resource intensive as they add more and more features post-switch... it worked outstandingly right after they moved everything over and now the performance is horrendous

Reactions: ScoreZeGoals

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
KEEP TALKING **** ABOUT HOW THE "NEW UPDATE SUCKS" YET YOU CAN

1) TALK IN ALL CAPS NOW

2) MAKE ONE LETTER POSTS

3) EMBED MEDIA

YEAH I THINK THIS UPDATE IS PRETTY ****ING AWESOME DON'T YOU

The one thing they botched was they had a golden opportunity to just straight up delete you and all your posts.

Reactions: G F O P
Sep 19, 2008
The one thing they botched was they had a golden opportunity to just straight up delete you and all your posts.

maxresdefault.jpg

MillanDynasty

Oct 6, 2015
Montreal
It runs like utter dogshit for me, takes ages to scroll down to the bottom. Hopefully it gets fixed soon because this forum used to be a daily read for me and now it's just an afterthought because of the performance issues.

Reactions: TheStroker

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I went from the home page, to this section, to this thread. I let each page sit for a little bit.. but not long.. maybe did this over a few minutes or so. I'm at 60 blocked ads. What.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I went from the home page, to this section, to this thread. I let each page sit for a little bit.. but not long.. maybe did this over a few minutes or so. I'm at 60 blocked ads. What.

it is insane. every once in awhile you will hit a page that will block 7+ ads a second endlessly. i've had over 1400 blocked requests on one page on this site

Reactions: Breakdowns
Sep 19, 2008
The f***ing shit keeps reverting back to the "massive white space under the profile" and I keep having to close the profile on the upper right every day I log in. Just get rid of that. It's useless.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Honestly, it's a mess right now. Horrendous lag, massive ads all over the place (including an ad that pops up that covers the entire screen), extremely resource intensive, won't keep me logged in even after I click keep me logged in, massive amounts of wasted white space, etc.

Sep 19, 2008
It's still better than Reddit.

Reddit

- all meme
- gif threads
- every tweet by Bob McKenzie or Dreger is a thread, which makes it unorganized, on HF all these threads would be merged
- the way the people talk to each other on Reddit is also weird, everyone is "bro" "Pensbro I FEEL FOR YOU MAN SORRY ABOUT MURRAY FROM A RANGERSBRO" Speak english

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
This absolutely sucks. I know Xenforo is a great platform, if you know what you're doing with it. This isn't the case here. This is a fine example of going blind by the plethora of new gadgets and thingies, resulting in a very very poor user experience.

I don't wan't to see any useless avatar (I know they were there earlier, but I can't be bothered to make up my adblock rules to block them anymore) or "like"-button bs. This is supposed to be a discussion forum ffs. Get some grown ups' theme/style option available, because this is just internet from the dawn of the millenia! This mess looks so outdated it hurts.

In any time fixing up this migration did they thought "hey, the users posts should be our main content"? I think they didn't. "Let's try to bury the actual content in completely irrelevant and useless crap!" - is my best guess from what was the idea..

Oh and mobile users review from this? Well lets put it this way: I did check the site the day of the new forum launch. I learnt a lot from that experience and now I know to never ever do that again.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm starting to get pissed off at this white space sidebar. They shoudl just code the profile out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->