Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Considering we don't have any real energy players on the squad, it's far from hackneyed. We've replaced energy players with vanilla guys. I know that you can't measure energy play with stats, but it's a pretty big aspect of team play. We've basically got Zucc and no one else right now in that department.

Saying "play better defense" is WFAN caller worthy. I can hear it now.

"YO, THEY JUST GOTTA LEARN TA PLAY DEFENSE BRAH. GOTTA GET THE BALL, BRO."

I feel like the callers are the ones who said Hank mailed it in for the paycheck when he signed that contract and subsequently struggled. And Henrik might be the very definition of intensity and emotion.

BarbaraAlphanse

This will surely fix the team's lottery pick defensive play.

Pretty much, my hope is, the Rangers go down big early, and have when they get pushed around physically, they have a big push back that manifests itself into a unifying event for the team.

The players start playing for each other again. The defense starts playing with more intensity and emotion and starts inching back towards their potential.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
“@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have recalled forward Tanner Glass from @WolfPackAHL.â€

o8Sld2m.jpg

Ew, who views the full website on their phone?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Pretty much, my hope is, the Rangers go down big early, and have when they get pushed around physically, they have a big push back that manifests itself into a unifying event for the team.

The players start playing for each other again. The defense starts playing with more intensity and emotion and starts inching back towards their potential.

This is what Hollywood does to your brain everyone. When does "New York Rangers: The Movie" come out, Barb?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Yea I can't do the mobile. I do sometimes withhold criticisms of Glass because I feel like he might actually read HF and I don't want to be an *******. :laugh:

Tanner, if you're reading this, I'm sure you're a great guy and earned everything you've gotten in life, but please kindly **** off from my favorite hockey team. :D

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
The Islanders aren't particularly tough... They have a punishing 4th line but after that it's a bunch of softies... Not sure why they have a big and physical reputation.

BarbaraAlphanse

This is what Hollywood does to your brain everyone. When does "New York Rangers: The Movie" come out, Barb?

Right after I finish writing my inspirational self help book titled "how to 'just play better' - the Donald trump inspired guidebook on how to play better hockey".

Thanks for providing chapters of material for this project.

BarbaraAlphanse

The mobile view takes up less data on your phone and loads more quickly.

*Bob Richards*

The one positive I'll take from this is that if he plays, Dylan won't be alone to face that ******* of a 4th line the Islanders have if they get greasy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah you're right. I've never heard anyone say something as trite as "not enough emotion," "no heart," or by far the best "vanilla" in critique of a hockey team. :laugh: :laugh:

If only they cared! :cry:

What's next? You're going to suggest that the Rangers would win more games if they outscored their opponents?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think it's painfully obvious that this team needs an emotional spark. It needs to do more than just "learn how to play defense." Such a hackneyed saying.

Cue the Avery comments.

This is going to be a very rough game... make no mistake about it.

I'm not saying Glass will help, but AV thinks he will.

This is going to be an ugly game top to bottom. I hope they're up for it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Love that AV quote. Expecting a physical game. So call up a guy who's too slow to hit anyone.

**** like this is why I laugh is when people appeal to AV saying "I think the coach knows what's best for the team" or "We should trust the guy with NHL experience to make decisions"

The guy is a moron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad