Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
I actually feel bad about this thread. Even if every bad word here is regarding his skills as a hockey player, 'cause I'm sure everyone here truly believes he's a great guy and wish him well in life... then boy... these are 5 harsh pages of messages. Hope he's not on here.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
I actually feel bad about this thread. Even if every bad word here is regarding his skills as a hockey player, 'cause I'm sure everyone here truly believes he's a great guy and wish him well in life... then boy... these are 5 harsh pages of messages. Hope he's not on here.

I bet Gary Cohen doesn't think Tanner Glass is a net negative, so there's that.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Get a load of this.

Glass's AHL numbers this year:

17 Games played, 2 goals, 3 assists for 5 points. 19 Shots on goal, 23 PIM's.

This guy is so bad, that he can't even put up points in the AHL.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Love that AV quote. Expecting a physical game. So call up a guy who's too slow to hit anyone.

**** like this is why I laugh is when people appeal to AV saying "I think the coach knows what's best for the team" or "We should trust the guy with NHL experience to make decisions"

The guy is a moron.

Tanner Glass isn't a slow player. He's usually out of position. Skating isn't a problem with him. It's positional play.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Tanner Glass isn't a slow player. He's usually out of position. Skating isn't a problem with him. It's positional play.

Agree. He actually has pretty decent speed. He just has no idea what is going on and where to be.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Agree. He actually has pretty decent speed. He just has no idea what is going on and where to be.

yeah, this. his straightline speed is quick...

He's just like... take the brain out of Stalberg and you have glass... He's "A league" material at best at this point

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And we've all won as many Superbowls as Dan Marino, what's your point?

This point is, the Cup is won almost exclusively by elite possession teams, something AV openly doesn't care about with his usage of Girardi and Glass. Gorton is equally to blame calling up Glass.

People who don't care about proven methods of success are not people I want managing my hockey team.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
yeah, this. his straightline speed is quick...

He's just like... take the brain out of Stalberg and you have glass... He's "A league" material at best at this point

I also forgot to mention the total lack of puck skills. Passing, shooting, accepting passes, god forbid he has to make a quick move.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
In past years it was Kris Newbury or Micheal Haley.

People should chill. If Stepan weren't injured and Etem weren't sick then Glass probably wouldn't have been recalled. I don't see this as 'an about emotion' thing either. And I don't see the recall as necessarily permanent. It's obvious to me we have a lot of people prejudging this situation and turning it into some kind of an apocalyptic event. And even if he stays it's not.

If the Rangers coaching staff think this game has a chance to get ugly and nasty (and I think it does)--it's not even a dumb move. That doesn't mean I think he'd have been the best option but there is some sense to his being back in the lineup for tonight anyway. Send him down and replace him with Megna after this game---I'd be fine with that too.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Our hero returns....
"Oh, you think the shot against is your ally, but you merely adopted the shot against. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the puck I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding! The blocks betray you, because they belong to me. I will show you where I have made my home, I will be preparing to bring justice. Then, I will break you. Your precious shin pads, gratefully accepted. We will need it. Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first. Your Corsi, or your Fenwick"

/someonehadto

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Let's just hope he's ****ing useful tonight in the role of sticking up for his teammates, so McIlrath can stay on the ice and out of the penalty box. Maybe if we're lucky, Glass will goad Clutterbuck or Martin into an instigator.

Spot on--I'd rather see Glass in the penalty box than McIlrath. It's better for the team to have McIlrath taking a regular shift.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
He's usually one of the more visibly intense players on the ice. He's always been that way. MSL was that kind of player too. Chip on their shoulders. Dominic Moore too. Zucc, Brass.

Maybe we're getting too Swedish :sarcasm:

What about Lundqvist? He's not an intense player on the ice?

edit: saw your next post--mis-read this one.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Spot on--I'd rather see Glass in the penalty box than McIlrath. It's better for the team to have McIlrath taking a regular shift.

Exactly, which is why if this game is going to be a goon fest, I'm more than happy with Glass being that goon. It puts him in and an Isle in the box. It's a win-win situation.

But for real though, if we needed an emotional spark, AV should've just played McIlrath, who for all intents and purposes has been described as a high character, glue, etc, etc, guy, as well as playing better than some of our RHD. They also have Ryan Bourque in Hartford who's built his career off busting his ass and playing a strong defensive game. Glass is useless after this game tonight IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad