Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have recalled forward Tanner Glass from @WolfPackAHL.”

o8Sld2m.jpg

Last edited:

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Pat Leonard will be overcome with joy once he hears the news. This is an early Christmas present for him.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Then why even recall Megna in the first place?

Tanner and his humangus beeg minus rating will be in the lineup soon enough. This team is ****ing dumb.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Then why even recall Megna in the first place?

Tanner and his humangus beeg minus rating will be in the lineup soon enough. This team is ****ing dumb.

Doesn't his contract already count against the cap either way? Saves us some cap room to carry him as the extra forward instead of Megna, I think.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Doesn't his contract already count against the cap either way? Saves us some cap room to carry him as the extra forward instead of Megna, I think.

I think we bury 525K plus some small amount when Tanner is riding the buses. So that depends on whether Megna's cap hit is smaller than what we bury.

Next time the Rangers want to save cap space, they should probably not sign a #15 forward (hey, it's Tanner's number!) for 1.45 million dollars for three years.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm guessing a guy has the flu or something and they're bringing up glass to muck it up with Martin so Mcilrath doesn't have to.

BarbaraAlphanse

Etem is sick. Glass is in for sure. tweets are coming out about it as we speak.

This game has the potential to rival the jets/preds PIM.

If Rangers go down early, frustration will kick in. Isles play a physical style that tethers the line with borderline late and dirty hits... Kreider smacked halak around a few times last year met with a lot of anger by isles players. Boyle and clutterbuck. Glass and Martin. Czizakas. Mcilrath.

I think this is a game that might get away early and end up polarizing the team together.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

my understandings:
a) only a fraction of Glass's ~$1.4M hit counts against the Cap while Glass is in AHL,
b) that the cap-hit of Megna (Hrivik, whoever) may be less than the amount added by recalling Glass

which may be the point, i don't know the full details
what I've read implies the team is best served by being as close as possible to the Cap before placing a player (Step) on long-term IR

some folks here know more re the CBA

BarbaraAlphanse

This game has the potential to rival the jets/preds PIM.

If Rangers go down early, frustration will kick in. Isles play a physical style that tethers the line with borderline late and dirty hits... Kreider smacked halak around a few times last year met with a lot of anger by isles players. Boyle and clutterbuck. Glass and Martin. Czizakas. Mcilrath.

I think this is a game that might get away early and end up polarizing the team together.

Pat Leonard asked AV if he thinks the game can spiral out of control. AV disagrees but admits there will be a big physical element.

I think if the Rangers to down 2-3 that this game WILL spiral out of control.

Right now the team isn't playing for each other. Zucc said this. Brass said this. These guys have been successful the past few years cause they fight for each other. Right now they're complacent.

If this game spirals out of control... It might be the best thing to happen to this team. It might provide the chip on their shoulder that ties them all together the rest of the season.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
As long as Glass is only up to just cover for Etem while he's getting over his illness...this is fine. I would have preferred Megna/Bourque, but beggars can't be choosers...

HOWEVER...if Glass finds himself staying on the team once Etem is better...and as the extra F for the road trip... :/

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Oh good. Teams been struggling so let's add another anchor. Maybe we can get him out with the Staal - Girardi pairing and really shoot for the moon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->