Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

BarbaraAlphanse

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, this team needs Tanner Glass! :help:

It needs a polarizing moment. Nothing to do with glass. Was more of a statement on an event occurring that can take place with or without him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Obviously lots of overreaction here, which is typical.

Tanner Glass won't score and won't do much else tn but I don't mind him playing a few minutes versus these guys tn and against their 4th line versus our fiercest rival.

BarbaraAlphanse

It needs to learn how to play defense.

That begins with playing with emotion, as Tawnos said.

Even the best defenders wouldn't look good playing with such indifference.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
All it takes is one or two "good games" for Glass to become a regular again.

The team needs some emotion. Glass is at least an emotional player.

If the team needs emotion so bad they should buy a Justin Timberlake CD for warmups.

Won't count against the cap and my eyes won't bleed from watching it attempt to play hockey.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think it's painfully obvious that this team needs an emotional spark. It needs to do more than just "learn how to play defense." Such a hackneyed saying.

BarbaraAlphanse

If Glass scores a hat trick tonight, I'll buy his jersey.

Beware. We would make improbable bets during the playoffs last year and whoevers actually happened would have to buy a round of Irish car bombs. Something glass related happened, which was my improbable prediction, and I spent like 250 dollars on the round.

What I'm saying is: start looking into which vendors sell Glass jerseys.

BarbaraAlphanse

I think it's painfully obvious that this team needs an emotional spark. It needs to do more than just "learn how to play defense." Such a hackneyed saying.

I had plans tonight to go to a prescreening of a new Deniro movie where he is Roberto Durans trainer.

I declared I wouldn't watch this game because why should invest my emotion if the players themselves aren't emotionally connected to the game. I have since given them away to a friend. I'm hoping that this team has a big response to what the isles will certainly try and create into a tone setter at their home.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Of all the lame ass excuses for Tanner Glass, this is definitely up there as one of the best.

Ryan Callahan was an emotional player. Brad Richards was an emotional player. Tanner Glass is just as indifferent as this entire roster is aside from 2-3 ill advised hits a game. Dan freaking Boyle has more intensity in his game than Tanner Glass does.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Yeah that's far more hackneyed than something meaningful like "emotional spark."

lmfao

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Of all the lame ass excuses for Tanner Glass, this is definitely up there as one of the best.

Ryan Callahan was an emotional player. Brad Richards was an emotional player. Tanner Glass is just as indifferent as this entire roster is aside from 2-3 ill advised hits a game. Dan freaking Boyle has more intensity in his game than Tanner Glass does.

Brad Richards? All I heard from Richards detractors was that he wasn't emotional enough.

I don't really see Dan Boyle as an emotional guy at all most nights.

As much as I hated his diving, we do miss Callahan's emotion.

Also, not sure what your silly first paragraph was. Excuse for Tanner Glass? Are you sure you posted that to the correct person?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Beware. We would make improbable bets during the playoffs last year and whoevers actually happened would have to buy a round of Irish car bombs. Something glass related happened, which was my improbable prediction, and I spent like 250 dollars on the round.

What I'm saying is: start looking into which vendors sell Glass jerseys.

I ain't ****ing around with my bet here. I'll be true to my word.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Brad Richards? All I heard from Richards detractors was that he wasn't emotional enough.

As much as I hated his diving, we do miss Callahan's emotion.

The point was that if emotion is really the problem, it's certainly not one Tanner Glass is going to fix. Unless he's going to have everybody sit down before the game and watch the last 15 minutes of Selena.

Also, not sure what your silly first paragraph was. Excuse for Tanner Glass? Are you sure you posted that to the correct person?

It wasn't directed towards you. You didn't say anything about Glass.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah that's far more hackneyed than something meaningful like "emotional spark."

lmfao

Considering we don't have any real energy players on the squad, it's far from hackneyed. We've replaced energy players with vanilla guys. I know that you can't measure energy play with stats, but it's a pretty big aspect of team play. We've basically got Zucc and no one else right now in that department.

Saying "play better defense" is WFAN caller worthy. I can hear it now.

"YO, THEY JUST GOTTA LEARN TA PLAY DEFENSE BRAH. GOTTA GET THE BALL, BRO."

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
You guys want emotion?! I know of a certain retired player who is flipping houses that we could bring back!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The point was that if emotion is really the problem, it's certainly not one Tanner Glass is going to fix. Unless he's going to have everybody sit down before the game and watch the last 15 minutes of Selena.

Stranger things have happened. There are just some guys that are glue guys. Do I think he'll make a difference? Not really. But would I be surprised if he did? Not at all.

It wasn't directed towards you. You didn't say anything about Glass.

Oh, OK. I was like, "WTF!" :laugh:

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

He's usually one of the more visibly intense players on the ice. He's always been that way. MSL was that kind of player too. Chip on their shoulders. Dominic Moore too. Zucc, Brass.

Maybe we're getting too Swedish :sarcasm:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's usually one of the more visibly intense players on the ice. He's always been that way. MSL was that kind of player too. Chip on their shoulders. Dominic Moore too. Zucc, Brass.

Maybe we're getting too Swedish :sarcasm:

The only time I see him visibly intense is when the team scores or he takes a penalty. I think the guy is more intense about the game passing him by at this point than anything else.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Considering we don't have any real energy players on the squad, it's far from hackneyed. We've replaced energy players with vanilla guys. I know that you can't measure energy play with stats, but it's a pretty big aspect of team play. We've basically got Zucc and no one else right now in that department.

Saying "play better defense" is WFAN caller worthy. I can hear it now.

"YO, THEY JUST GOTTA LEARN TA PLAY DEFENSE BRAH. GOTTA GET THE BALL, BRO."

Yeah you're right. I've never heard anyone say something as trite as "not enough emotion," "no heart," or by far the best "vanilla" in critique of a hockey team. :laugh: :laugh:

If only they cared! :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad