Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Exactly, which is why if this game is going to be a goon fest, I'm more than happy with Glass being that goon. It puts him in and an Isle in the box. It's a win-win situation.

But for real though, if we needed an emotional spark, AV should've just played McIlrath, who for all intents and purposes has been described as a high character, glue, etc, etc, guy, as well as playing better than some of our RHD. They also have Ryan Bourque in Hartford who's built his career off busting his ass and playing a strong defensive game. Glass is useless after this game tonight IMO.

From what I've seen on Ranger Rants, Glass was brought up for this game specifically--it sounds like they haven't decided who will make the trip as the extra forward yet.

And don't think Glass is in the lineup to provide an emotional spark--he's there to provide some toughness. There have been plenty of moments during the last how ever many games where the players could build off an emotional spark and haven't, so one more by Glass or whomever in and of itself isn't going to help unless other players do something moving forward.

Arcillius

Jul 1, 2006
You forgot to mention he is -11 in 17 games. That is a full AHL season pace of -49.

Get a load of this.

Glass's AHL numbers this year:

17 Games played, 2 goals, 3 assists for 5 points. 19 Shots on goal, 23 PIM's.

This guy is so bad, that he can't even put up points in the AHL.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
He actually played pretty well tonight. 5 hits--3 shots on goal. His line had some dangerous scoring opportunities.

Created predominantly by JT Miller or Yandle.

Even if he had finished on two of those chances he still deserves to be banished to the AHL.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
He was good tonight but very clearly the passenger on his line. Miller and Lindberg won tons of battles and got him the puck plenty.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He was really good in the first period, but then I didn't notice him much after that. Miller and Lindberg were the best two forwards on that line last night

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He played really well last night. He hit, created turnovers and found some open ice a few times to create some chances. Not much else you can ask for from a depth forward. He should stay up.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He played really well last night. He hit, created turnovers and found some open ice a few times to create some chances. Not much else you can ask for from a depth forward. He should stay up.

keep-calm-and-don-t-make-me-destroy-you-1.png

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Provided Etem is healthy he should not.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
He DID play well in the first, but after that, it was mostly Miller and Lindberg.(And I'd say these two were the best forwards on the team last night, IMO...)

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
He DID play well in the first, but after that, it was mostly Miller and Lindberg.(And I'd say these two were the best forwards on the team last night, IMO...)

JT was everywhere last night. I thought he played an impressive, heavy game. If this line can play the same way tonight I have no problem with Tanner staying in the lineup.

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
Glass was very good

Tanner Glass had a very solid game last night. Was very effective and his physicality and skating were clearly a factor. And he was almost certainly far better than any of the other potential call ups although that can't be known.

Only fair to point this out given all the cr-p this guy gets on this board and from the fans in general.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I feel somehwat bad for Glass.

His ideal role is a spare forward who makes $600-$700k and gets into about 50 games.

Unfortunately, his cap hit comes in about double that and he became a little too much of a regular for my taste.

But that's not his fault per say.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Glass looked better than Etem out there, although he should be with Moore and Stoll rather than Miller and Lindberg. I'd much rather see a guy like Gibbons called up for that spot, who can provide a little offense along with his hustle.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
if Miller and Lindberg are the line, they both played extremely well to create offense, than someone like Megna, Gibbons and a health Etem would make that line better. Maybe even Stalberg could play with them.

Whoever said he was a passenger on the line was spot on.

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
Glass with Lindberg/Miller

What's missing from the observation that Glass is a drag offensively playing with Lindberg/Miller is that it becomes a very hard line to play against. All three play a fast skating, physical game. Pretty good puck possession and checking. If someone like Megna played on that line they would lose a lot of the defensive impact they had last night. The Islanders struggled against that line and Glass was a factor in their difficulty getting up ice.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
What's missing from the observation that Glass is a drag offensively playing with Lindberg/Miller is that it becomes a very hard line to play against. All three play a fast skating, physical game. Pretty good puck possession and checking. If someone like Megna played on that line they would lose a lot of the defensive impact they had last night. The Islanders struggled against that line and Glass was a factor in their difficulty getting up ice.

For 2 out of the 3 yes. Glass has been consistently at the bottom of the entire NHL in possession numbers year after year after year.

He has one good period, decent game for him overall, and he's better than Etem and a good possession player, talk about unrealistic expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad