Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: Not surprised to see the Rangers placing Jarret Stoll on waivers. Tanner Glass has played well since his recall and earned back his spot.”

“@NYP_Brooksie: Moore far more effective at center than wing + Glass playing well since recall + cap issue + Stoll struggles = Stoll on waivers.”

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
This thread is like arguing about where to put the screen door on the submarine.

This mentality makes me want to grab Glass, grab AV, climb up to the top of the 57th street elevated condominium living building that keeps popping up in the banner ads, and throw the 3 of us the f*** off.

Poor personnel decisions (from the nightly lineup to ice time allotment to player assignments/roles) are the biggest correctable issue this team has right now. The biggest. By far.

And the Glass problem is the easiest to fix, and should be the first thing done. Demoting or benching him is the first step towards icing the best lineup we can.

So yeah him being up (and in the lineup) is a huge problem.

A better analogy would be a guy with cancer who also has his foot stuck in a bear trap. I don't think anyone would argue what his biggest problem is. But he might want to get his foot free so he can get to chemo.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Good, now glass can be comfortable to settle in and play terrible with no accountability.

Because being put on waivers back in October didn't mean anything?

Or we as fans could root for the guy and the fact that he's playing well right now and actually helping the team as much as he can.

*Bob Richards*

Lirl I have to give it to Glass, he finds a way to stick around.

Might as well hop on the bandwagon while it's hot. Less of a wagon though and more of a tricycle with the wheels replaced by bricks.

Let's go, Tanner! He hasn't been terrible so I'll take it? :laugh:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
This mentality makes me want to grab Glass, grab AV, climb up to the top of the 57th street elevated condominium living building that keeps popping up in the banner ads, and throw the 3 of us the f*** off.

Poor personnel decisions (from the nightly lineup to ice time allotment to player assignments/roles) are the biggest correctable issue this team has right now. The biggest. By far.

And the Glass problem is the easiest to fix, and should be the first thing done. Demoting or benching him is the first step towards icing the best lineup we can.

So yeah him being up (and in the lineup) is a huge problem.

A better analogy would be a guy with cancer who also has his foot stuck in a bear trap. I don't think anyone would argue what his biggest problem is. But he might want to get his foot free so he can get to chemo.

You got it all wrong dude. We should rejoice he's a Ranger and celebrate the fact he's not the biggest problem on the team. Until they get the other 15 bigger problems ironed out, I am Tanner's biggest supporter.

ZuccsManBun

May 3, 2015
NYC
Does anyone know what Etem was sick with that even caused Glass to be called up? Is he still sick and that is reason he isn't playing or is AV just favoring his golden child all over again?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Does anyone know what Etem was sick with that even caused Glass to be called up? Is he still sick and that is reason he isn't playing or is AV just favoring his golden child all over again?

Etem played the other night against Calgary.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Because being put on waivers back in October didn't mean anything?

Or we as fans could root for the guy and the fact that he's playing well right now and actually helping the team as much as he can.

No thanks. I don't like cheering for scrubs that make my favorite team worse. That's counter-productive.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't wanna see either when Stepan is back

Stalberg/Etem-Moore-Fast

But if the choice is Glass vs Stoll, which it is until Stepan comes back, then it's Glass. Easy choice. We're shorthanded when Stoll is on the ice.

If Glass is still playing when we have 12 healthy forwards then we can complain all we want.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
“@HartnettHockey: Not surprised to see the Rangers placing Jarret Stoll on waivers. Tanner Glass has played well since his recall and earned back his spot.â€

“@NYP_Brooksie: Moore far more effective at center than wing + Glass playing well since recall + cap issue + Stoll struggles = Stoll on waivers.â€

Hey Larry, doesn't Glass earn basically double what Stoll does?

Stoll signed for $800K IIRC and Al Vigno's body pillow makes what,$1.5 million?

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
Sunk Cost

The fact that Glass makes much more than Stoll is mostly irrelevant. It is a sunk cost. Even in the minors we have a 550K cap hit for Glass. It costs us 950K cap more to have Glass on the roster. If he is more serviceable than Stoll and his 800K salary it is a no brainer to dump Stoll.

Stoll provided nothing to the roster - bad skater & no offense. His only talent was taking draws and he is no better than Moore at this point. No one will pick him up - which will confirm the obvious.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
No thanks. I don't like cheering for scrubs that make my favorite team worse. That's counter-productive.

Hope you feel the same about players that actually are directly responsible for the team being terrible.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012

That sounds good. If we knew Glass was only temporary stopgap, as his ability says he should be.

Problem is we know AV will keep Glass around indefinitely and bench better players for him.

The more he stays on the team the more annoying this routine becomes. He represents something dysfunctional & counter to winning.

Makes it hard to root for him.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The problem is Stoll can't play wing and is very slow--he brings very little besides winning faceoffs. Glass fits on wing better than he does. This really about having Moore play center.

This is why I'm okay with this move. Moore has been so much more effective at coverage in the high slot and backchecking down the middle of the ice. We need speed from our centers, and that is something Jarett Stoll just doesn't have any more. Besides, Glass has actually been better than Stoll this year.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I don't wanna see either when Stepan is back

Stalberg/Etem-Moore-Fast

But if the choice is Glass vs Stoll, which it is until Stepan comes back, then it's Glass. Easy choice. We're shorthanded when Stoll is on the ice.

If Glass is still playing when we have 12 healthy forwards then we can complain all we want.

Agreed. Although I'd prefer Stalberg over Etem because Etem has literally done nothing as a Ranger.

Wander

May 12, 2014
Tanner Glass is one my favourite players in the league for the sheer amount of vitriol he causes in the forum of any team he plays for.

And you know, rooting for no-hope underdogs has always been a part of my make-up.

Just posting cause I checked the page just now and saw the name TANNER GLASS in FULL CAPS and it made me so happy.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Tanner Glass is one my favourite players in the league for the sheer amount of vitriol he causes in the forum of any team he plays for.

And you know, rooting for no-hope underdogs has always been a part of my make-up.

Just posting cause I checked the page just now and saw the name TANNER GLASS in FULL CAPS and it made me so happy.

What team are you a fan of?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad