Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Tanner has been better but I just really hate how our announcers feel the need to constantly compliment him on air even when he didn't do anything.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
What a shock, he sucks again.

For once Tanner Glass isnt remotely a cause of our problems, now he's just getting hate for being Tanner Glass

Hayes and Kreider are playing worse than glass and get nowhere near the amount of flame he does

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
For once Tanner Glass isnt remotely a cause of our problems, now he's just getting hate for being Tanner Glass

Hayes and Kreider are playing worse than glass and get nowhere near the amount of flame he does

Hayes and Kreider also both have potential to be very valuable hockey players. Tanner Glass will never be useful.

Not to mention Kreider is getting plenty of criticism right now around here. Hayes mildly. Again though, if Kreider and Hayes had no potential to be better, then they would be getting the same level of scorn Glass does.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Hayes and Kreider also both have potential to be very valuable hockey players. Tanner Glass will never be useful.

Not to mention Kreider is getting plenty of criticism right now around here. Hayes mildly. Again though, if Kreider and Hayes had no potential to be better, then they would be getting the same level of scorn Glass does.

Thats backwards logic. Glass' role is a 4th line grinder. Hes actually done it pretty well since he was recalled.

Kreider and Hayes are supposed to be offensive catalysts. They are failing miserably. The departure of their actual play from their potential should make them lightning rods for criticism.

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
Glass for star of the week!

Seriously... I like the Tanner Glass who's scared of getting sent down.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They do have the potential to be so. They are not playing to that level. Glass is playing very well to the role of a 4th line player right now.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Thats backwards logic. Glass' role is a 4th line grinder. Hes actually done it pretty well since he was recalled.

Kreider and Hayes are supposed to be offensive catalysts. They are failing miserably. The departure of their actual play from their potential should make them lightning rods for criticism.

So should the team trade Kreider and Hayes, and keep Tanner Glass? Glass being good for a few games says what? Nothing, big ****ing deal!

Glass is an easy fix. What do you propose the team does with Kreider and Hayes?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Glass has gone right back to sucking but those 3-4 good games are more than enough for him to be here the rest of the year.

Yawn.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
They do have the potential to be so. They are not playing to that level. Glass is playing very well to the role of a 4th line player right now.

He had, what, 2 good games? He sucked just like everyone else last night.

You want to know what backwards logic is (to quote BRB)? Giving Tanner Glass a pass because he had 2 good games after being waived and harping on Kreider and Hayes who are going NOWHERE.

They have both been bad, okay, now what? No one is denying that.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
[/QUOTE]
So should the team trade Kreider and Hayes, and keep Tanner Glass? Glass being good for a few games says what? Nothing, big ****ing deal!

Glass is an easy fix. What do you propose the team does with Kreider and Hayes?

I think Glass is inconsequential. Keep him, get rid of him, turn him into the team mascot. It'll all make virtually no difference.

I think guys like Kreider and Hayes need to be put on notice. A couple of scratches to let them know their place on the team isn't a given would be a good start. You seem to think playing guys with a lot of potential is a given, even if - in actuality - they are not coming anywhere near realizing that potential game after game after game.

So, yes, I'd prefer to go after the big fish at this point. And not harp on the lazy Tanner Glass analysis.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I think Glass is inconsequential. Keep him, get rid of him, turn him into the team mascot. It'll all make virtually no difference.

I think guys like Kreider and Hayes need to be put on notice. A couple of scratches to let them know their place on the team isn't a given would be a good start. You seem to think playing guys with a lot of potential is a given, even if - in actuality - they are not coming anywhere near realizing that potential game after game after game.

So, yes, I'd prefer to go after the big fish at this point. And not harp on the lazy Tanner Glass analysis.

This entire team could, and needs to be put on notice. I mean, do they just start scratching a different player every game?

If Kreider and Hayes were the only two sucking it up right now, and the Rangers had other options of players to get ice time and out play those two, sure, bench them. Make them sweat. All benching them now will do is say, "Hey, you guys have been bad."

Which I am sure they both know, and what does that say if they get benched whilst everyone else is blowing chunks too? It's an entire team problem and if I am Gorton I start from the bottom up. Starting with getting rid of Glass for good, then I move on to letting Hayes, Kreider, and Miller (whom I still think has been better than the other two) that they better step up.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
What I said was that he has been good in his 4th line role since coming back from Hartford.

Glass is not the issue right now.

Yes, I read the post, thank you.

Glass is one of many issues, he's not one right now because "he has been good in his 4th line role since coming back from Hartford." AKA a few games? Big deal? What about when he goes back to sucking like last night? Why not address the small, simple problems before moving on?

Some of the bigger issues cannot be fixed now, or any time in the immediate future. Tanner Glass can be fixed, RIGHT NOW. I can propose a reasonable solution to Tanner Glass. Can you propose reasonable solutions to the other things you see to be a problem? I don't think you can.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Great post. Agreed completely.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
The issue isn't how bad Glass is individually, it's his ability to destroy the competence of any line he's playing on. Getting rid of one line of players is a major issue.

That being said, he's been fine lately. Still twice the price as what he's worth, but there are bigger issues, like playing 3rd pairing defenseman for 20+ minutes.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
The issue isn't how bad Glass is individually, it's his ability to destroy the competence of any line he's playing on. Getting rid of one line of players is a major issue.

That being said, he's been fine lately. Still twice the price as what he's worth, but there are bigger issues, like playing 3rd pairing defenseman for 20+ minutes.

He only plays on the 4th line. I wish the 4th line was the sum of our problems right now, but it's not. The biggest problem is an invisible 2nd line, an inconsistent 3rd line, and possibly a faltering 1st line. The 1st line has been carrying us all year, and their 2-way play has only recently suffered...so I'm not ready to lay any blame on Nash-Brass-Zuuc yet. But my eyes are open after the last few games.

The other obvious elephant in the room is our D. We all know what's happening there.

Yet here we are, ranting on about Glass. The malcontent with Glass is misplaced right now. Glass won't keep us out of the Playoffs - everything else will.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Yet here we are, ranting on about Glass. The malcontent with Glass is misplaced right now. Glass won't keep us out of the Playoffs - everything else will.

Fixing Glass takes 10 minutes, and two phone calls.

How long is "everything else" going to take?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Fixing Glass takes 10 minutes, and two phone calls.

How long is "everything else" going to take?

It's not easy to make moves when the Rangers and much of the league are in a Cap Crunch situation. Wouldn't surprise me if after this 13 game stretch, Gorton is now on the phone making inquiries....at least finding out what teams are interested in who.

About fixing Glass in 10 minutes, I understand. But Glass has been fine. He has remarkably stayed away from making Stalberg-like giveaways, has been a physical presence, has scored a goal, was pivotal in Moore's goal last game, and is screening goalies well (something even Kreider can't get through his thick skull to do properly).

To put it simply, Glass is currently having a greater positive effect than Stoll had. Etem, while super-fast, has no brain and rarely gets a shot beyond a defender's stick. Nothing makes it through to the net.

You combine AV's love for Glass with the fact that he is playing well....and it's easy to conclude that you are wasting your time focusing on him for replacement. It's just the way it is. :dunno:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad