Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Glass has not been "playing well." He's just not being worst in the league level like he was last year.

Hes been an adequate 4th liner. Thats his role. Thats what hes doing. The time in minors seems to have lit a bit of a fire under his ass.

Theres about 10 other guys on the team that could use similar treatment.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Hes been an adequate 4th liner. Thats his role. Thats what hes doing. The time in minors seems to have lit a bit of a fire under his ass.

Theres about 10 other guys on the team that could use similar treatment.

The whole team is not playing well, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the team goes in to a slump when Glass is called up. We turn into a 3 line team with him in the lineup and our 4th line (or 2nd/3rd line when he plays with Hayes/Zucc) goes from a positive to liability with him on the ice. Here's the Rangers record with/without Glass:

This year:

With: 3-7-2 (55 pt pace)
Without: 16-5-2 (121 pt pace)

Last year:
With: 40-19-6 (108 pt pace)
Without: 15-3-1 (134 pt pace)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The whole team is not playing well, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the team goes in to a slump when Glass is called up. We turn into a 3 line team with him in the lineup and our 4th line (or 2nd/3rd line when he plays with Hayes/Zucc) goes from a positive to liability with him on the ice. Here's the Rangers record with/without Glass:

This year:

With: 3-7-2 (55 pt pace)
Without: 16-5-2 (121 pt pace)

Last year:
With: 40-19-6 (108 pt pace)
Without: 15-3-1 (134 pt pace)

I think glass sucks...but i also think we suck with or without him...we just arent playing well...and werent while he was down. of all the sickening things im seeing with the rangers, TG isnt even at the top of the list...which is really horrible if you think about it.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I think glass sucks...but i also think we suck with or without him...we just arent playing well...and werent while he was down. of all the sickening things im seeing with the rangers, TG isnt even at the top of the list...which is really horrible if you think about it.

i agree with you especially with regard to the glass stats this year. I think, to an extent, it confuses causation with correlation

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I think Glass has been OK since coming back up. My problem with him, and I might be wrong here with all the changes to cap hits on players sent down, is that with him still up on NYR means that we have Summers called up over Skjei.

Am I wrong in thinking that with Stoll off the books and if Glass was waived down to The Pack again with Summers that there would be enough cap space to have Skjei still up for these games until Klein or Girardi are ready?

Vickers8

Credit to Tanner for pushing Holtby after he hit Zucc and for punching Wilson in the beak twice

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I have a hard time understanding the all-consuming hate for a guy who tries 100% of the time on a team that tries 25% of the time. Do I think Glass is good? No. Would I like to see his effort rub off on some others named Hayes, Kredier & Staal? Yes. Do I think it will? No. But that's AV's fault, not Glass's fault.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I have a hard time understanding the all-consuming hate for a guy who tries 100% of the time on a team that tries 25% of the time. Do I think Glass is good? No. Would I like to see his effort rub off on some others named Hayes, Kredier & Staal? Yes. Do I think it will? No. But that's AV's fault, not Glass's fault.
Because over the course of his career he's been one of the worst players in the NHL?

*Bob Richards*

Make no mistake, he still sucks but at least he isn't the mind blowing abomination he was last year.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I love the notion that the only team in NHL history to erase consecutive 3-1 deficits in the playoffs doesn't care.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I actually think Tanner has been a good 4th liner lately, energetic, stands up for teammates, hasn't taken many (or any) bad penalties, has 1 point less than Etem who everyone are just fawning over recently, and honestly he hasnt been the cause of goals against, unlike most of the team with one big ****up or another.

Tanner isnt the best hockey player in the nhl, or even on the 4th line,but he is nowhere near where the focual point of complaints should be, especially when his play recently does not warrant criticism

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Glass is not a good player. We all know this. They need to upgrade his role.

That said, what shouldn't be overlooked is how hes reacted and upped his game since the AHL demotion. He got a bit of a wake up call.

My point? More players should be handed similar types of wake up calls.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Glass is not a good player. We all know this. They need to upgrade his role.

That said, what shouldn't be overlooked is how hes reacted and upped his game since the AHL demotion. He got a bit of a wake up call.

My point? More players should be handed similar types of wake up calls.

Who else would possibility pass through waivers? There's very little wiggle room here--and other than Hayes, who doesn't seem to be busting it on the ice enough. Sure, they can demote Glass again, bring up some NHL wanna be and sit Hayes for a couple of games, but that doesn't really solve very much on the ice--there's a reason why players like Megna don't get claimed from waivers and spend most of their time in the AHL.

Hopefully, having time off this week will help clear the cobwebs.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
That doesn't imply sending them to the minors. A couple of games in the press box sends a similar message.

I don't think sitting in the stands does very much for a player--unless they're banged up or mentally tired. If you want to get radical, dress the player and then don't play them during the game, but that generally leads to a player being traded since it's extremely embarrassing (and I can't remember the last time it was done--it's been a very long time).

Hopefully, the break this week will help clear the cobwebs.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I don't think sitting in the stands does very much for a player--unless they're banged up or mentally tired. If you want to get radical, dress the player and then don't play them during the game, but that generally leads to a player being traded since it's extremely embarrassing (and I can't remember the last time it was done--it's been a very long time).

Hopefully, the break this week will help clear the cobwebs.

OK, either way. Im specifically talking about the guys that look entitled. Hayes and Kreider lead that bunch. Its not a bad short term strategy to make them feel a little uncomfortable. Might light a well needed fire under their ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad