Recalled/Assigned: Here we go. TANNER GLASS.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I asked a simple question above which no one has yet to answer.

Name one available option that can bring everything Glass brings to the lineup (in objective terms of exactly what he does bring to the lineup: 4th line physicality, fighting, grit, etc) and is a better overall player.

If you can name one player available in Hartford, why weren't they recalled? I would love to know.

The problem with your question is that many people, specifically those that dislike Glass, do not find much value in your "objective terms".

You might as well have asked this:

Name one available option that can bring everything Glass brings to the lineup (in objective terms of exactly what he does bring to the lineup: the ability to cook a killer Thanksgiving dinner: a moist bird, killer stuffing, a real knack for sides with all the trimmings) and is a better overall player.

For many the only part of that question that matters is 2nd part. Who is a better overall player? And the answer is almost anyone.

What matters to me is getting a guy who is going to help us win games. And that starts with a player who is not going to be on the ice for several times more goals against than goals for.

But it really just comes down to preference. I guess.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
What ****ing toughness issue is Tanner Glass solving in his 9 minutes a game? The Rangers have immediately responded to both dirty hits committed against their players, they're 5th in the league in hits, and McIlrath has brought a presence that dominates the boards to a point where it's almost humorous.

The Glass excuses keep evolving in ways that I can't understand.

1) Please describe exactly how is single handedly bringing down the team

He isn't, but if this is your main arguing point as to why he hasn't been bad, it's not a good one.

2) Please provide an viable alternative that should be playing on the 4th line instead of him.

Etem, Stalberg, Stoll, all can contribute more in any given game.

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
This constant Tanner Glass drivel is a perfect example of "Group Think."

is everyone here really that much smarter than AV and Gorton? Please.

Glass is the least of your problems right now.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

So lets keep him because Raspewtin and Ail tell me Tanner Glass stinks but they're not as smart as AV/Gorton?

That's a strong defense I must admit, you have changed my mind............... would that be group think as well?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Even if it's a small problem Glass is and has been the EASIEST to fix problem, yet it still persists.

Now another superior player has lost a roster spot to Tanner boy. Not that Stoll was amazing, but he has much more value than Glass as a 12/13 F AND he's cheaper and not signed for another year after this.

AV's absolute insistence to ice a lineup featuring Tanner Glass as an everyday player is maddening.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Tanner Glass played over Lee Stempniak on the regular last year. There is no objectivity when it comes to his insertion in the line up.

I don't even think he's been bad these past few games, just know that he'll turn back into exactly what he's been his whole career (bad) and he'll stay in the line up. It's so sad it's funny now.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Glass is the only player on the team I actively root for to fail, because you know every good game he has is worth 20 to his **** toy behind the bench.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He isn't, but if this is your main arguing point as to why he hasn't been bad, it's not a good one.
Exactly where do you see me arguing this?
Etem, Stalberg, Stoll, all can contribute more in any given game.
Etem has contributed slightly more than I have, so not sure how his name is thrown in.

Stoll should not have been waived, but you could have had him and Glass on the 4th line.

Stalberg is a preference. He has not really done anything to make himself stand out.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Exactly where do you see me arguing this?

I didn't mean you specifically. It was in the context of your quote.

Etem has contributed slightly more than I have, so not sure how his name is thrown in.

Because he's an ok hockey player and Glass isn't.
Stoll should not have been waived, but you could have had him and Glass on the 4th line.

Only one of them should be playing even if Stoll wasn't on the team.

Stalberg is a preference. He has not really done anything to make himself stand out.

Stalberg is a +7 with 8 ES points, can win some battles, and PK's when needed. How, compartively speaking, is that NOT standing out?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

...but Tanner Glass has?

You could have had anyone else on the 4th line with Stoll as well.

...but, Tanner Glass... has?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Because he's an ok hockey player and Glass isn't.
Etem has yet to show that he is "ok" and not a fringe player. At least in my humble opinion.
Only one of them should be playing even if Stoll wasn't on the team.
Glass is in the lineup due to Steppan's injury. While he has been here, he has shown more than Etem. If your argument is Stoll vs. Glass, ok. I am not debating that. However, if it is Etem, than I am not sure what he has shown you as I see a player that has not seized any opportunity to show anyone anything.
Stalberg is a +7 with 8 ES points, can win some battles, and PK's when needed. How, compartively speaking, is that NOT standing out?
I have not said that Stalberg should be benched ahead of Glass. To me, Stalberg has not shown all that much. Now, when compared to an Etem, yes he shines. To me, pointing to +/- is weak. It hardly ever tells you the full story. Yes, he has more points. In a lot more games. But has he really shined that much more than Glass? To me, not really. To you, yes. Different strokes, I guess.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
AV loves Tanner. His heart and feelings just couldn't take seeing him down in Hartford anymore.

This garbage is maddening.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
AV loves Tanner. His heart and feelings just couldn't take seeing him down in Hartford anymore.
This is what gets me. By many accounts he was awful in Hartford, and yet here he is.

It's why I think it's hilarious now.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
When Etem was actually given a chance to play in an offensive role, he was really good at generating chances from the high slot, which is something we lack from our depth forwards. He also has the speed to get in behind defenders and be a pain in the ass on the forecheck

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
When Etem was actually given a chance to play in an offensive role, he was really good at generating chances from the high slot, which is something we lack from our depth forwards. He also has the speed to get in behind defenders and be a pain in the ass on the forecheck

Agreed he has looked good in a top 9 role

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Hey I would be okay with Glass dressing if his job was to simply take out the other team's top defenseman or goalie in game 1 of a playoff series with a 4-1 lead late in the third and then taking a suspension.

I'm perfectly okay with that as his utility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad