Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist - Vascular Injury, Out At Least Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Im working from home today, and going to have Live with Kelly & Michael on. I'll report here if he mentions anything about the injury or anything related to when he expects to be back.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Im working from home today, and going to have Live with Kelly & Michael on. I'll report here if he mentions anything about the injury or anything related to when he expects to be back.

he's on right now. honestly breaks my heart to see him on morning time television and not on the road with the boys. :(

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Said that the injury was actually sustained from him snapping his neck back... called it a blood vessel "sprain"

Hadn't heard that yet. Interesting.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
So long as he's back with sufficient time to get in a groove by playoff time, I'm happy. We don't need him to make the playoffs (obviously) and hell I don't think we need him to win the division/conference.

Damn as a Ranger fan, it feels ****ing awesome to be able to say that.

Exactly! Talbot has been efficient enough to help the team win. We should just sit back and enjoy the fact that we are winning despite our best player being injured.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
hopefully that's true and not just something he threw out there to answer a question on a talk show

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Knowing how great of a competitor Hank is, it really worries me that he will play without getting 100% healthy for this type of an injury. This may impact his health and also impact a great year that Rangers are having now. So a side from possibly not being 100% healthy, you also need to get back into the form. As much as I want Hank back, I think the best thing for him and the team, if he comes back the next season nice and strong. Do any of you agree with such arguments?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think the team will let him back on the ice unless he's 100% safe and ready to play. I don't think this is a case where it's as easy to fake your way back into the lineup and with the possibility of blood clots as a complication, I have to imagine he's smart enough not to push things

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Hank just said he will be back "in a week or so"

That is great but concerning. I was listening to the NHL channel on sirius during my drive back to Atlanta. The show "power play" or whatever its called had Kenny Albert on as a guest to talk about the Rangers. Kenny made the comment that Lundqvist was still a couple of weeks away. Obviously Hank knows himself better than Kenny does but as another poster said, is Hank rushing to come back? Should he truly take an extra week or two and he is just pushing to be back sooner?

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
I don't think the team will let him back on the ice unless he's 100% safe and ready to play. I don't think this is a case where it's as easy to fake your way back into the lineup and with the possibility of blood clots as a complication, I have to imagine he's smart enough not to push things

I'm not sure how long you followed the team. But from what I heard over the years is that Hank played through a lot of pain, especially after the first Olympics. He even played with constant headaches..etc. So I don't think the team can stop him from playing if he wants to play.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
That is great but concerning. I was listening to the NHL channel on sirius during my drive back to Atlanta. The show "power play" or whatever its called had Kenny Albert on as a guest to talk about the Rangers. Kenny made the comment that Lundqvist was still a couple of weeks away. Obviously Hank knows himself better than Kenny does but as another poster said, is Hank rushing to come back? Should he truly take an extra week or two and he is just pushing to be back sooner?

Knowing Hank he is definitely pushing to come back sooner. I just hope he's not rushing back too soon that it is putting himself in jeopardy of further complications.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

He mentioned that he's being constantly looked at by doctors, and will ONLY return once he's cleared for contact. I am sure that happens in a few days, and he's back by next week.

They would not mess around with this type of injury. It's healing well, he will be back soon. :yo:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Good to hear. Hank is the franchise, they won't be clearing him to return until he's 100% ready. Hopefully that's in a week, but if it's two or three so be it.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yeah, Honk need to be careful - so he is ready for playoffs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad