Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist - Vascular Injury, Out At Least Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
He's still running around NY shooting more ****** episodes of 'The Mask' so he can't come back yet.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'm starting to get very concerned. No updates from the team, we're nearing the 6 week mark, wtf is going on??!!

It was never 6 weeks from the day he got the puck in the throat, it was 4-6 weeks from the diagnosis.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The Rangers usually don't say anything until a player is literally just about ready to return, so I'm not terribly worried yet...this also isn't exactly a long western road trip. They play tonight in Detroit and then have 3 days off...then after Chicago they'll be back home to play the Islanders. Lundqvist not being on the trip means missing 2 games, not an entire 5 game trip (not that I think he'll be back before then anyways)

Still it sure would be good news to hear something positive. I wonder if he's still practicing on his own? ANyone ask one of the beat writers?

trueblue35

May 22, 2008
He won't need two months until he's in beast mode. It's way different being off the ice and on vacation for two months during the summer than being hurt in the middle of the season, and on the ice everyday skating lightly, working out.

No it isn't any different. Just because he is skating and physically working out doesn't mean he will automatically be at a higher or same level as he was when he got injured. If he chooses to minimually train his mind or even neglect to, he will be probably be in about the same condition as he was prior to the season starting.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
McKenzie just said we could potentially have him back in 10-14 days.

Sigh...Can't remember the last time a player came back early from an injury on our squad. :laugh:

Good thing the team is winning.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Ok since Bob said that I feel a little better. The no news aspect of this kills me because as a Ranger fan I expect the worst unfortunately :laugh:

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Now the rangers denied it and said there's no timetable. Ugh someone's wrong and I have a feeling it's Bob.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Hes still 10-14 days away? Hasn't it been 3 weeks already? We have HUGE games next week, back and back with Isles and Caps...looks like 2 loses, great.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Hes still 10-14 days away? Hasn't it been 3 weeks already? We have HUGE games next week, back and back with Isles and Caps...looks like 2 loses, great.

Look I'm not a Talbot cheerleader AT ALL, but Talbot has looked good as of late. What would make you think two losses? Talbot beat the Islanders this year, henrik did not. I think your post is way too negative.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
No one knows **** about Lundqvist. He could be back sunday or he could be back game 1 of the playoffs or he could be out for the season. Its all speculation. Rangers haven't said anything.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Why is this any of a surprise? The original diagnosis was 4-6 weeks FROM the diagnosis date. He's currently in the 4th week, and heading into the 5th.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
So long as he's back with sufficient time to get in a groove by playoff time, I'm happy. We don't need him to make the playoffs (obviously) and hell I don't think we need him to win the division/conference.

Damn as a Ranger fan, it feels ****ing awesome to be able to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad