Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist - Vascular Injury, Out At Least Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyhockeyfan

Apr 9, 2014
Does anyone know if Lundqvist attends any of the games? Does he watch from some private booth somewhere? It just seems odd to me I have never seen a shot of him at any game. Is that typical when key players are on IR for this long?

It is odd to watch at home and see him making gnocchi with Mario Batali and spinning at clubs and yet not to see him at the games, even in plain clothes.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Does anyone know if Lundqvist attends any of the games? Does he watch from some private booth somewhere? It just seems odd to me I have never seen a shot of him at any game. Is that typical when key players are on IR for this long?

It is odd to watch at home and see him making gnocchi with Mario Batali and spinning at clubs and yet not to see him at the games, even in plain clothes.

He was sitting with the dads at one of the games. Don't know where he's been since then.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Henrik should only come back when it's safe to, and not a moment sooner.

id rather have him healthy for the next 7 years, than to have him have a stroke and die because we are in a playoff push.

Vidic15*

Wasnt Hank's wife due this month? Maybe they are giving him some personal time, as well?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

He was there tonight.

Here is a pic of him and celebrity chef Anne Burell.

10448785_832065796855360_7199560124907245894_n.jpg

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO

He was there on the road trip with all the dads. I bet he's live at every game at the Garden.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
What?? He's needs to get back ASAP, it usually takes him 2 months to get into beast mode, let's hope he can focus mentally faster than that this time

He won't need two months until he's in beast mode. It's way different being off the ice and on vacation for two months during the summer than being hurt in the middle of the season, and on the ice everyday skating lightly, working out.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
just to note what Sather said yesterday:

Sather also said he didn't trade for a goaltender while Henrik Lundqvist recovers from a blood vessel injury because "Henrik's going to be fine. We just need a little more time.''

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Wasn't that stuff filmed weeks ago when he wasn't injured? They have shown him at a few games. Besides it was a weird injury that you can't really rehab.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Wasn't that stuff filmed weeks ago when he wasn't injured? They have shown him at a few games. Besides it was a weird injury that you can't really rehab.

The Mask was filmed weeks ago. Way before the injury. He's been on the ice every other day working out. Probably two weeks away from returning.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
The Mask was filmed weeks ago. Way before the injury. He's been on the ice every other day working out. Probably two weeks away from returning.

Yes, my point should have been clearer, it's his free time. He has shown to always be professional, in shape, who cares if he frolics with the Swedish bikini team in his free time, prior to posting the pics of course.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not sure where to post this but Henrik will be on Kelly and Michael tomorrow. Would say thats a good sign. Never watch the show but considering the possible weather situation tomorrow may be good time to check it out.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Not sure where to post this but Henrik will be on Kelly and Michael tomorrow. Would say thats a good sign. Never watch the show but considering the possible weather situation tomorrow may be good time to check it out.

You mean he's gonna be on Regis? Hank sure is getting around. Gonna have to Tivo that

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011

I think Hank is having a little too much fun with this time off. Get back in there and get focused :shakehead

Top_Scorah19

Sep 4, 2006
I think Hank is having a little too much fun with this time off. Get back in there and get focused :shakehead

Agreed..wtf is going on!
They are being way to overly cautious in my opinion. If he isnt back in game action by this weekend....something is up

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Agreed..wtf is going on!
They are being way to overly cautious in my opinion. If he isnt back in game action by this weekend....something is up

This is not a situation that you **** around with. He is not going to play until the doctor's say that 100% there is no chance of a setback (i.e., a clot/stroke). Until then, there's nothing he can do.

There's no concept of being too cautious in this situation.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
I'm starting to get very concerned. No updates from the team, we're nearing the 6 week mark, wtf is going on??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia