Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist - Vascular Injury, Out At Least Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Probably a result of swelling and general discomfort. I've had that happen to me a couple times and after I woke up the next day I could barely move my head.

jniklast

Sep 28, 2007
If it's no concussion, it's probably not too bad. Better now than in the playoffs.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
I'd put money on limited mobility in his neck.

After taking that puck, his ability to turn his head is probably pretty limited.

No big deal, he'll feel better in a couple days.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
not to mention if it's swelling around his throat it could make some breathing more uncomfortable and difficult, which isn't good if you're playing a sport

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
He seemed fine at the Steiner event last night. But this must be more significant than previously thought. He played the other night, and this is a few days later now. Doctors might have noticed something they didn't like.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah, nothing crazy bad. Most likely a DTD injury with a stiff neck...

Some chiropractics and massage therapy and he'll be good to go in about 5-6 days

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yeah, nothing crazy bad. Most likely a DTD injury with a stiff neck...

Some chiropractics and massage therapy and he'll be good to go in about 5-6 days

Stiff neck would have been the next day. He played the day after that, and was at a Steiner event last night and spoke, looked fine.

Obviously not going to speculate, but if Hank felt a little uncomfortable he would still play. I assume the Dr's might have saw something they didn't like. Sounds like it wasn't his decision. As of yesterday he was going to play, even with the maintenance day.

We should know more soon, hopefully.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Stiff neck would have been the next day. He played the day after that, and was at a Steiner event last night and spoke, looked fine.

Obviously not going to speculate, but if Hank felt a little uncomfortable he would still play. I assume the Dr's might have saw something they didn't like. Sounds like it wasn't his decision. As of yesterday he was going to play, even with the maintenance day.

I dont expect this to last more than a week or two at most...

Either way **** you McDonagh for the worst stick lift I've ever seen

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
nevesis;96677109[B said:
]Stiff neck would have been the next day. He played the day after that, and was at a Steiner event last night and spoke, looked fine. [/B]

I have found with hockey injuries, I have had my fair share, the second day after is always the worst. All the adrenaline is gone and the swelling/pain seems to be at it's zenith. This is the second day and it makes sense to me.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hopefully its just some bruising that got worse over the past few days. This one is definitely weird...

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Like others have said, I'd bet it's soreness/stiffness in his neck. While he's perfectly fine going out and about, it's not something they want to risk getting worse in a game. That's my guess.

Hopefully it's not something worse.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

If muslce tissue is torn it can take as long as 48 hours for the inflammation to really set in, its likely he felt it yesterday, and today he cant even turn his face

Without knowing whats going on with Hank, this is my guess

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
If muslce tissue is torn it can take as long as 48 hours for the inflammation to really set in, its likely he felt it yesterday, and today he cant even turn his face

This is going on 96+ hours... and last night he was at a public event, and spoke/looked fine. That leads me to believe he might be feeling ok, but they are seeing something different.

He's tough as nails and wouldn't be sitting if he was a little sore. Literally 12 hours ago he was on stage for an hour with Mike Richter and Linda Cohn, and that was a full 72 hours after getting hit. On top of playing two nights later after the incident, and playing great.

We will get a real update later today, hoping its nothing serious.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
CRAP! hopefully just a few games tops. I trust Talbot

In my fantasy league we start 2 Goalies and I needed D so I got Carlson and Muzzin for Anderson. If this is long term I'm screwed lol

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
"It's not a concussion, but it's related to the shot," head coach Alain Vigneault said Wednesday morning. "We found out about it last night. We will know more later and have some information that we'll get to you."

The 'We found out about it last night" line is what concerns me.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Hopefully its just some bruising that got worse over the past few days. This one is definitely weird...

Like others have said, I'd bet it's soreness/stiffness in his neck. While he's perfectly fine going out and about, it's not something they want to risk getting worse in a game. That's my guess.

Hopefully it's not something worse.

Yep I'm going to go with this...

I know my body personally takes 3 days to feel the pain from a big sting...

For instance, I got flipped over someones legs yesterday playing hockey. Neck felt absolutely fine, felt kind of stiff this morning. Tomorrow it will feel worse, and the following day it will be hell. After that, I'll be good to go.

The only thing that gets me is I'm wondering if it's a hairline fracture in his jaw... that would suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->