Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist - Vascular Injury, Out At Least Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Was just thinking about how Lundqvist's injury is somewhat fortuitous (obviously disregarding its effect on his health). Assuming he does come back, with enough time to round back into shape, how great is it that the Rangers best player comes in as the freshest at the start of the postseason. Guys like Holtby and Price are going to around 65 games at the start of the postseason. Halek is having close to his longest season as a professional right now. Given that it's not a mobility injury but a general health one, I think really could be a break for the Rangers.

Lundqvist is a known slow starter so it may take him a while to get back into form. I'm hoping thats not the case since its only a month but who knows.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Lundqvist is a known slow starter so it may take him a while to get back into form. I'm hoping thats not the case since its only a month but who knows.

If he comes back on say like Tuesday with 18 to go that would be like October and November when he posted a record of 9-6-3

However the next 20 games he went 15-5-0.

So I understand the concern about starting off slow but I think combined with the fact that he was playing well and has still been doing drills, I think when he comes back he wont be beginning of the season bad. I think he will be rounding into form nicely for the playoffs

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
If he comes back on say like Tuesday with 18 to go that would be like October and November when he posted a record of 9-6-3

However the next 20 games he went 15-5-0.

So I understand the concern about starting off slow but I think combined with the fact that he was playing well and has still been doing drills, I think when he comes back he wont be beginning of the season bad. I think he will be rounding into form nicely for the playoffs

Is there anything to him coming back this week at some point news wise? Or still just conjecture based on interviews and general 4-6 week timeline?

RangerDude

Mar 8, 2015
Lundqvist usually starts the season slow, I assume that it will take him few games to get back to where he was before the injury. I just hope it's not too long.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
I'm starting to get scared that he's not going to be back in time to get enough games to work out the kinks. I'm more scared that there's been practically no news regarding... well anything really.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm starting to get scared that he's not going to be back in time to get enough games to work out the kinks. I'm more scared that there's been practically no news regarding... well anything really.

What news would you expect? A week or so back, he started practicing taking low shots. Then he says it's up to the doctors to clear him to return. I don't know what other news we'll hear until he's fully cleared. He's still well within the timetable initially set out.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

He's a professional dude. You don't just lose it. He said the other day, if he wasn't able to skate it would be a totally different story about needing time to adjust and come back and be in game-ready shape.

He's skating everyday, and facing pucks on low shots. Once he's cleared for contact he will have a few practices at full pace and be ready to get in a game shortly after.

This isn't like coming from the off-season when you've been tanning for two months and you haven't faced pucks in 60 days. He's played a majority of the season already, and been out for one month, where he is able to skate everyday. He will be fine when he comes back.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What news would you expect? A week or so back, he started practicing taking low shots. Then he says it's up to the doctors to clear him to return. I don't know what other news we'll hear until he's fully cleared. He's still well within the timetable initially set out.

People cannot handle the fear of the unknown. They have to know every detail of what is going on. Can you imagine how much worse it would be if were not 11-2-3 over the last 16? I am not worried about his injury. I just want him back with enough time to be in playoff form.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: No update on Henrik Lundqvist as to when he might return. Lundqvist again skated this morning. Will not travel to NYI/WASH/BUF”

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
“@AGrossRecord: No update on Henrik Lundqvist as to when he might return. Lundqvist again skated this morning. Will not travel to NYI/WASH/BUFâ€

Kind of curious as to why he hasn't been with the team if he's running around town doing tv shows and such. It's not like they're going to the west coast or anything.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Kind of curious as to why he hasn't been with the team if he's running around town doing tv shows and such. It's not like they're going to the west coast or anything.

His wife is about to give birth any day now, plus he doesn't need to be needlessly traveling when he can stay local, workout on the ice, and then go back to the city to be at home with his wife.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Probably getting daily or once-every-two-day checkups from his doctors in NY.

If I had to guess that is what I would assume cause he was traveling in the beginning and now if he's not he's probably going to the doctors a lot so as soon as they clear him it's go time
His wife is about to give birth any day now, plus he doesn't need to be needlessly traveling when he can stay local, workout on the ice, and then go back to the city to be at home with his wife.

This could add to the lack of traveling too lol

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
If I had to guess that is what I would assume cause he was traveling in the beginning and now if he's not he's probably going to the doctors a lot so as soon as they clear him it's go time

This could add to the lack of traveling too lol

if i recall the only time i remember him travelling was the dads trip or am i wrong?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
if i recall the only time i remember him travelling was the dads trip or am i wrong?

He went on that trip, and then came home. He's at all the home games, just no need for him to travel when his wife is about to give birth, and he's up here in Westchester daily to skate.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway

Yeah, this is scary stuff. I will assume anything bellow 15 games, is a issue for him and The Rangers.
Let`s hope that either he is back or that I am wrong.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
He's a professional dude. You don't just lose it. He said the other day, if he wasn't able to skate it would be a totally different story about needing time to adjust and come back and be in game-ready shape.

He's skating everyday, and facing pucks on low shots. Once he's cleared for contact he will have a few practices at full pace and be ready to get in a game shortly after.

This isn't like coming from the off-season when you've been tanning for two months and you haven't faced pucks in 60 days. He's played a majority of the season already, and been out for one month, where he is able to skate everyday. He will be fine when he comes back.

That was encouraging to read. Hope you are right here.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Fear of the unknown is definitely part of it. I just wish we had some more solid news on a return date, or anything positive, really. Him coming back well before the playoffs in order to get back in the groove is key to our postseason success.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Fear of the unknown is definitely part of it. I just wish we had some more solid news on a return date, or anything positive, really. Him coming back well before the playoffs in order to get back in the groove is key to our postseason success.

My thoughts exactely :)
Only you express so much better :)

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Rangers are usually very tight lipped about injuries. He's probably getting evaluated close to every day. We just never hear about it because Rongos.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Rangers are usually very tight lipped about injuries. He's probably getting evaluated close to every day. We just never hear about it because Rongos.

Not to mention, with something like this I assume the majority of the concern is preventing further complications. With how well the team and Talbot are playing there is no incentive to be anything other than ridiculously cautious. No reason to take any risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->