Proposal: Guess Karlsson's 10 team no trade list

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I cant imagine him listing teams like Colorado and Arizona, no way they'd give up the assets needed to acquire him when they're out of the playoffs and rebuilding.
If you're a player are you gambling on logic, or listing the 10 teams you would be least happy with because you don't want to play for a bad team for the next year and a half? I'd still list them even though there aren't good odds of them wanting me, just so I don't have to go to a dumpster fire.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Buffalo
Arizona
Carolina
Florida
Colorado
Islanders
Vancouver
Winnipeg
Detroit
Calgary

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I see folks having Toronto on his list, but if i am Doriin, i would hope TO isn't on it. He may never trade EK to Toronto, but he could use the Leafs to drive up the price as TO young pieces.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Go to the kings. Doughty, karlsson and quick. Win every game 1-0. Done

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
How so? They are still near the bottom of the league in terms of player salaries and team value.

We're also one of the younger teams in the league. We have Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Morrissey, on ELC's. 3 of our top 6 and our best LHD. Our best goalie is making 2 million a year. We have a forced Trouba bridge deal.

The only major player we've let walk is Ladd, and that's because he reportedly turned down a 6x6 offer and wanted more.

Add in the re-signing of Little, Buff, Perreault, signing of Kulikov and Mason.

Don't mistake properly managing the cap for a lack of finances.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
All the canadian teams
Buffalo
Columbus
NYI

Carolina, Arizona, Florida at least are warm with low taxes.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I'd wager his actual list would look much different than the teams most people are putting on their list. Arizona seems to be on everyones list, but there is no way Arizona would even bother trying to trade for him. The list would be contending teams or big hockey markets he doesn't want to play for.

Yup. No point to include Arizona on the NTC list as they would never trade for him.

Too many people are making lists of the “bad teams” without taking into account many of those teams would never be a serious potential trade parter for Karlsson.

A smart NTC list will exclude those weaker teams that aren’t realistic trade partners and expand into the next tier of “undesirable” destinations.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
He would probably prefer to not move again after the 2019 season if he can make it work, so I don't think it would be outlandish to think that he would prefer to go to a team that is more secure in its finances. Nothing against the Jets organization here, but they are a small market with small market income.
Better check your facts. Jets owner is one of the wealthiest in pro sports. The team is extremely profitable and stable. It would be hard to find a more stable hockey team that has a terrific talent base and cap room to take on a player like EK. Having said that I wouldn’t touch him if I was Jets GM. Too much to give up and too long of a contract most likely.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
1. Arizona
2. Vancouver
3. Vegas
4. Colarado
5. Detroit
6. Islanders
7. Buffalo
8. Florida
9. Carolina
10. Up in the air -- Montreal/Toronto/Edmonton would occupy this slot I imagine

Regardless of his desire to play for them or not, EK would be wise to not put Detroit on the list. They realistically would never try to accquire him at this point and time, it’d be wasting a spot

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
1. Toronto
2. Montreal
3. Vancouver
4. Edmonton
5. Arizona
6. Florida
7. Buffalo
8. Colorado
9. ....?
10. ....?

I feel like the 8 I listed have a pretty good to strong chance of being listed but I really have no idea which teams are most likely to be the 9th and 10th. I want to say a team like Vegas would be one of them, but they've been surprisingly good and have plenty of cap space to make Karlsson happy.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
if the islanders had a steady stadium and a signed JT i could actually see him playing there for that year and a half. right now they have a decent team and he would make them even better.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Why are the Rangers listed twice? And how would he go there is he has them twice on his "No-trade list"?

Damn I didn’t realize it was a “No Trade” list. I thought it was a list of teams he’s willing to go to. Rags were on there twice because I really think that’s where he’ll wind up.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Has it even been confirmed EK65 was definitely asked for a list or is that initself still just a rumor/speculation?

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Damn I didn’t realize it was a “No Trade” list. I thought it was a list of teams he’s willing to go to. Rags were on there twice because I really think that’s where he’ll wind up.
most ranger fans would like to have him but we all know our GM isn't mortgaging the future anymore for any player

Reactions: Ibewlu3

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
With 1.5 years to the mother load of a UFA contract his 10 team no trade list would consist of the 10 teams he perceives to have the least chance to win the cup. Nothing would drive up his value more than more trophies especially the big one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad