Proposal: Guess Karlsson's 10 team no trade list

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Montreal - spotlight when struggling, team seems to be in a state of misdirection
NY Islanders - location uncertainty, history of being bad, risk of losing their only other superstar to free agency
Vancouver - rebuilding
Arizona - rebuilding with no shown improvement
Buffalo - see Arizona
Winnipeg - Location, perceived weather issues among many, owners with spending limit
Colorado - see Arizona
New Jersey - not sure, even though they are improving they still seem to be seen as a bad team by many. Lots of misconceptions that could have them on the list
Calgary - Location/travel times, old junky arena, media spotlight could be a deterrent as with any Canadian team.
Vegas - too new, despite their success this year they are still probably years away from contending - few "core" pieces to build a contender around so far. Good depth, lots of good players, but no "great" players to lead the charge to a cup win.

HM - any west coast team (travel)

I left Edmonton off for the McDavid factor and the new arena, and Florida off for the tax break factor.

I think the Panthers are very likely

They would be willing to give up some excellent young players, maybe even Ekblad Trocheck

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think the Panthers are very likely

They would be willing to give up some excellent young players, maybe even Ekblad Trocheck
I could see Karlsson working in Florida as well. They have the cap space to do such a move, and have the young skilled players that Ottawa would like. And probably a high draft pick this year that they could trade if they want to. Ekblad, 1st in 2018 and ???

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Montreal - spotlight when struggling, team seems to be in a state of misdirection
NY Islanders - location uncertainty, history of being bad, risk of losing their only other superstar to free agency

Arizona - rebuilding with no shown improvement

Colorado - see Arizona

Maybe you dont watch Colorado hockey but there is most def improvement this year. Our top 2 lines are basically 22 and under except for Landeskog who just turned 25. One vet defender in Johnson at 30 Barrie is next at 26 the rest are younger.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Prob:

Detroit
Vegas
Florida
Arizona
Vancouver
Buffalo
Philly
Carolina
Calgary
San Jose

Basically the 10 teams least likely to make any noise thus season or next.
By leaving Detroit off the list, it virtually makes it an 11 team no trade. There is no scenario I can imagine where Detroit's offer is good enough to trump that of another team outside the division and/or conference.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
No way Edmonton is on the list. Karlsson + McDavid could be a modern day version of Orr + Gretzky.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00