Proposal: Guess Karlsson's 10 team no trade list

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg....and that's all I can reasonably assume. The other seven would be high tax areas with limited resources to compete for the Cup. I don't think Arizona would be on there to be honest.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I'm guessing that he would not put some obvious teams that wouldn't trade for him on the No Trade List. This way he can ineffective expand his NTL. For example, Arizona won't trade him for him, I can't see the rebuilding Avs either Canes and their budget and long list of Dman, the rebuilding and cap challenged Red Wings, same with Buffalo, Caps have RHD.
So his list might be Winnipeg, Edmonton, Minni, Dallas, Jersey, Philly, Florida, Vegas, Montreal,San Jose

Reactions: McMetal

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Jersey would be such a beautiful fit - but I have no clue what’d we would have to give up for him, even with the value of a 10-team list and a single contract year left.

Id offer Severson+2018 1st+Quenneville, would that suffice?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think the teams he'll leave off are those wth firepower offense and then that are a defensemen like himself away from from being a favorite. I could see him wanting to be in Edmonton or Washington for this reason.

I don't think he'll have any Atlantic other than maybe Florida. There is a 0% percent chance he is moved to Toronto or Montreal so I doubt they are on it.

Lastly I think he'd put teams that have a strong defensive core, but lack in forwards, because he knows he could make less of an impact there than he could elsewhere.

All things considered:

Florida
Calgary
Philadelphia
Vancouver
Arizona
Winnipeg
Buffalo
Islanders
Colorado
Vegas

I thought about putting Detroit on there, but he probably knows that Detroit doesn't have the assets to get him, and will try to maximize his list.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
buffalo is not on this list

Ror-eichel-reinhart
scandella-karlsson

starting five???? the beast is unleashed here karlsson will come to buffalo at 12M x 8Y

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Montreal - spotlight when struggling, team seems to be in a state of misdirection
NY Islanders - location uncertainty, history of being bad, risk of losing their only other superstar to free agency
Vancouver - rebuilding
Arizona - rebuilding with no shown improvement
Buffalo - see Arizona
Winnipeg - Location, perceived weather issues among many, owners with spending limit
Colorado - see Arizona
New Jersey - not sure, even though they are improving they still seem to be seen as a bad team by many. Lots of misconceptions that could have them on the list
Calgary - Location/travel times, old junky arena, media spotlight could be a deterrent as with any Canadian team.
Vegas - too new, despite their success this year they are still probably years away from contending - few "core" pieces to build a contender around so far. Good depth, lots of good players, but no "great" players to lead the charge to a cup win.

HM - any west coast team (travel)

I left Edmonton off for the McDavid factor and the new arena, and Florida off for the tax break factor.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
I think the teams he'll leave off are those wth firepower offense and then that are a defensemen like himself away from from being a favorite. I could see him wanting to be in Edmonton or Washington for this reason.

I don't think he'll have any Atlantic other than maybe Florida. There is a 0% percent chance he is moved to Toronto or Montreal so I doubt they are on it.

Lastly I think he'd put teams that have a strong defensive core, but lack in forwards, because he knows he could make less of an impact there than he could elsewhere.

All things considered:

Florida
Calgary
Philadelphia
Vancouver
Arizona
Winnipeg
Buffalo
Islanders
Colorado
Vegas

I thought about putting Detroit on there, but he probably knows that Detroit doesn't have the assets to get him, and will try to maximize his list.

I would love to see him in Washington. Caps actually could put together a decent offer for him too.

Orpik would have to be included in any trade for Salary Cap reason

Lucas Johansen, 2017 and 2018 First, Orpik

Johansen is a high end defense prospect, already be looked at as a future number 1, two firsts always help with the rebuild

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
1.EDM
2.CGY
3.WPG
4.VAN
5.TOR
6.MTL
7.BUF
8.ARZ
9.NYI
10.FLA
(Honourable Mention: COL)

It's been said that Karlsson doesn't like playing in a hockey crazy Canadian market where he can't take a dump without being asked for a picture. I'm guessing, unless he is going to stay in Ottawa due to the roots he has here already (wife's family, a decade of living here), that he would not want to start over with another Canadian team.

Islanders are on the list due to the instability of their arena situation.

The other 3-4 teams are either teams that have missed the playoffs multiple years in a row, or are budget teams who may not be able to pay him and remain competitive. Judging by what Karlsson has said over the last few weeks, winning is one of his biggest priorities.

I don't think he'd want to go somewhere like TOR or EDM just to win, because there are places like TBL or NSH, both teams are perpetual playoff teams, and both are in quieter markets in terms of hockey stardom.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
1.EDM
2.CGY
3.WPG
4.VAN
5.TOR
6.MTL
7.BUF
8.ARZ
9.NYI
10.FLA
(Honourable Mention: COL)

It's been said that Karlsson doesn't like playing in a hockey crazy Canadian market where he can't take a dump without being asked for a picture. I'm guessing, unless he is going to stay in Ottawa due to the roots he has here already (wife's family, a decade of living here), that he would not want to start over with another Canadian team.

Islanders are on the list due to the instability of their arena situation.

The other 3-4 teams are either teams that have missed the playoffs multiple years in a row, or are budget teams who may not be able to pay him and remain competitive. Judging by what Karlsson has said over the last few weeks, winning is one of his biggest priorities.

I don't think he'd want to go somewhere like TOR or EDM just to win, because there are places like TBL or NSH, both teams are perpetual playoff teams, and both are in quieter markets in terms of hockey stardom.

This

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->