Confirmed Signing with Link: Gudbranson re-signs in Vancouver [3years, $4m AAV] [MOD #244]

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
If they trade tanev, I'm ok with him sticking around for about 3 years even if he's overpaid at 4-4.25mil. More than that and well..
Reason is with good young players being inserted in the next couple years I expect the team to spend about 5mil between a 4th liner and a dman (gudbranson and archibald) who would drop the mitts to protect them for the next 2 to 3 years. I feel these type of players are needed on a team inserting younger players and creating a new core.
Yes you could probably get someone cheaper but I think there's also a bit there that we haven't seen from him in Vancouver yet

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I dont know how but Guddy has all of a sudden become the most under rated player on HF as he is being mentioned as a 6-7-8 or AHL dman.

I dont mind him. I think he is a 4-5 and has shown glimpses of a #3.

I dont think there is room for improvement so what we see is what we get.

Ill wait till i see term of contract before i judge.

Also i think this makes it very very likely thay Tanev gets traded. However i think that will happen at the draft rather than TDL. It would open up more suitors and it would give the Canucks a concrete figure of any draft picks traded to thek.

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
This is why Benning and Linden should’ve been fired. They’re signing him b/c they can’t admit that they f’d up giving up McCann and a 2nd to get him. That’s what I hate about this management. They can’t own up to mistakes they have made in the past and don’t learn from them either.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You shouldn't go on HF Boards in the middle of your high school classes. If you paid more attention, you might understand the difference between "your" and "you're", and use them accordingly.
Meh its an online forum only the really dumb posters cant understand it

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

What makes these tweets odd to me is that there are guys who do take pay cuts from their last contract. Not every player gets an increase in their next contract.

If that was the case Luke Schenn would be at $4 million up from his $3.6 million per deal. Plus, he would have gotten more than a 2 year term at that money.

Still can't see what the justification is for gudbranson to be considered $3 million more valuable than what schenn signed for in 2016?

Which side is afraid of the upcoming UFA?

Canucks cause they want to save face from a bad trade?
Or is gudbranson worried about possibly over pricing himself and being the next Russell or fransson?

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Bruh....You really compare Hainsey to Gubrandson? Not to mention, we aint looking to lock up Polak like you guys are with Gubrandson LMAOO

Here, take this L

Hainsey *is* garbage, but Carrick is a decent NHLer, and as bad as Zaitsev and Polak are, even they're probably better than Gudbranson, who's ridden his size and draft position to literally every single game he's played in the NHL.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hainsey *is* garbage, but Carrick is a decent NHLer, and as bad as Zaitsev and Polak are, even they're probably better than Gudbranson, who's ridden his size and draft position to literally every single game he's played in the NHL.

Lol how is Hainsey Garbage. Dude has been a mainstay at our top pairing all season. He's a great defenseman.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I get that people want to make it out like Gudbranson has been terrible this year, but I am willing to bet that most of them haven'y watched the Canucks much or at all this year. L ooking at his stats, they haven't been great, but he has also played almost exclusively with Del Zotto, Hutton, and Pouliott. Ever since he has returned from his injury, he has looked very good. He has also looked very good with Edler. Gudbranson won't win the Norris anytime soon, but he is a reasonably steady dman who provides toughness on a team that has none. If he signs for 3 yrs at 3.5-4.mil, I think that is very reasonable, and right where most 4-5 dmen are paid.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Lol how is Hainsey Garbage. Dude has been a mainstay at our top pairing all season. He's a great defenseman.

the top pairing of a team that allows roughly one trillion shots per game?

Rielly+Hainsey - 49.87% CF%
Rielly alone - 54.07%
Hainsey alone - 42.04%

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
I get that people want to make it out like Gudbranson has been terrible this year, but I am willing to bet that most of them haven'y watched the Canucks much or at all this year. L ooking at his stats, they haven't been great, but he has also played almost exclusively with Del Zotto, Hutton, and Pouliott. Ever since he has returned from his injury, he has looked very good. He has also looked very good with Edler. Gudbranson won't win the Norris anytime soon, but he is a reasonably steady dman who provides toughness on a team that has none. If he signs for 3 yrs at 3.5-4.mil, I think that is very reasonable, and right where most 4-5 dmen are paid.

that's all well and good, but he's always been an overpaid piece of AHL trash, and the canucks get more of the shot-attempts, shots, scoring chances, and unblocked shot attempts with Del Zotto, Hutton, or Pouliot on the ice than with Gudbranson on the ice.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
It does amaze me how some think this dude still has "potential". He has played in the league for 6 seasons and 300+ games. He is what you see, nothing more.
If Canucks sign him, then as a Ducks fan I'm glad as he is not good and never will be.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Great news! 4x4 would be fantastic, even alittle over like 4.2 is fine. I'm a big fan of the way he plays and with stability he will only get better. He and Edler surprisingly have looked good together since being paired.

hfboards act like he's a 33 yr old journey man, but this guy just turned 26 and is in his physical prime :laugh: He will be a key part of the leadership role for the future Canucks. His physical presence is and will be valuable when we insert the skilled players next season.

This opens up a potential Hutton and or Tanev deals at the TD. I believe they want Holm to get a good look this year.

So glad Guddy will be patrolling the blueline for the foreseeable future :thumbu:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It does amaze me how some think this dude still has "potential". He has played in the league for 6 seasons and 300+ games. He is what you see, nothing more.
If Canucks sign him, then as a Ducks fan I'm glad as he is not good and never will be.

Pro-Benning Crowd:

When it fits their argument, he's a "veteran"

When it fits their argument, he's still young and has potential.

It's insane. This guy is what he is, a low event boom-boom bottom pairing guy with a high end pedigree and handsome face that keeps him in the league.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
why are you so affected by this then? lol It's funny, the people that hate Gudbranson are the Gillis fan boys and non Canuck fans. but the REAL Canuck fans appreciate him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad