Confirmed Signing with Link: Gudbranson re-signs in Vancouver [3years, $4m AAV] [MOD #244]

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Pro-Benning Crowd:

When it fits their argument, he's a "veteran"

When it fits their argument, he's still young and has potential.

It's insane. This guy is what he is, a low event boom-boom bottom pairing guy with a high end pedigree and handsome face that keeps him in the league.

Didn't you and the other 'Canuck fans' bailed on the team when JB was extended? why are you posting in a Canuck related news?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
why are you so affected by this then? lol It's funny, the people that hate Gudbranson are the Gillis fan boys and non Canuck fans. but the REAL Canuck fans appreciate him.
I'm not. However this is HFBoards and people here actually watch hockey - including teams they don't cheer for. If the fact I commented on your dude angers you so, explain what I said was so wrong instead?`I understand how hard the life here could be a for a canucks.com dude, though.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Didn't you and the other 'Canuck fans' bailed on the team when JB was extended? why are you posting in a Canuck related news?

You'll have to find where I said I bailed on this team.

I think the team is in an extremely bad place due to gross management incompetence and you'll find my post history is very consistent in (rightfully) criticizing them. I don't foresee the team getting out of this hole until Linden, Benning, and Weisbrod are gone.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
why are you so affected by this then? lol It's funny, the people that hate Gudbranson are the Gillis fan boys and non Canuck fans. but the REAL Canuck fans appreciate him.
This has to be sarcasm theres just NO WAY this poster can be serious

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
I'm not. However this is HFBoards and people here actually watch hockey - including teams they don't cheer for. If the fact I commented on your dude angers you so, explain what I said was so wrong instead?`I understand how hard the life here could be a for a canucks.com dude, though.

you said he will never be better than what he is now. can you show me the crystal ball you are using to make this claim?

he's a shutdown defenceman, if you actually take a look at his stats, he's been preety consistent point total wise. He will be most valuable in the playoffs when it's a 7 game series and you're trying to grind the other team out.

oh btw ducks fan, CDC has a lot more intelligent and rational fans than hfboards and it's been proven over and over again.

I know there's only like a hundred of you 'duck fans' so you feel the need to join in the big boys club conversation. its fine.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Trevor: Jim is they no interest in Gudbranson, at all?

Jim: Best offer was a 4th, but we had to retain salary.

Trevor: Damn, is he no good? Did we screw up getting him?

Jim: No way! He's a great player. I will show how that by signing him to a big contract. A big contract will let the fans know he's really good. Only really good players get big contracts.

Trevor: Like Loui Eriksson?

Jim: Exactly.

Trevor (internally): What the f*** have I done, I just extended this guy.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
you said he will never be better than what he is now. can you show me the crystal ball you are using to make this claim?

he's a shutdown defenceman, if you actually take a look at his stats, he's been preety consistent point total wise. He will be most valuable in the playoffs when it's a 7 game series and you're trying to grind the other team out.

oh btw ducks fan, CDC has a lot more intelligent and rational fans than hfboards and it's been proven over and over again.

I know there's only like a hundred of you 'duck fans' so you feel the need to join in the big boys club conversation. its fine.
There we go.

As you're clearly touchy and rambling let me answer with short comments:
1. I don't need no crystal ball - he is 26 years old.
2. Consistent in his stats of 10-15 points per year as "defensive" dman
3. CDC comment seems to have broken you, HF is better AINEC lul
4. Cup 2007, when did your club win one?

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
You'll have to find where I said I bailed on this team.

I think the team is in an extremely bad place due to gross management incompetence and you'll find my post history is very consistent in (rightfully) criticizing them. I don't foresee the team getting out of this hole until Linden, Benning, and Weisbrod are gone.

Listen, you will never find a Canuck fan more critical than me, I hated Gillis with a passion for the way handled a near championship core that he INHERITED. JB is no where near as bad as Gillis. The guy f***ed up Luongo's legacy in Vancouver, and f***ed up the way he handled Schnieder, didn't trade Kesler when in 2013 left us with Horvat and Brandan Gaunce, Nicklas Jensen, and some other scrubs.

JB wether or not makes it through his contract, is drafting and building the core pieces of the future of this franchise. I will jump the Benning hate wagon if he does something stupid like trade Horvat + Joulevi + 1st for Karlsson or w.e but until then he hasn't done anything that warrants this kind of hatred.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
There we go.

As you're clearly touchy and rambling let me answer with short comments:
1. I don't need no crystal ball - he is 26 years old.
2. Consistent in his stats of 10-15 points per year as "defensive" dman
3. CDC comment seems to have broken you, HF is better AINEC lul
4. Cup 2007, when did your club win one?

1. so you a 26 yr old player entering his prime cant be better? you still havnt answered my question.
2. thats the stat of a typical defence d man... soo
3. hfboard posters wouldn't last in CDC lets be real here ducks fan.
4. the hundrend duck fans comment seemed to have triggered you enough to bring up your cup lel.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Gudbranson’s horrible offensive stats are evidence he’s a “solid shutdown D...”

Let’s bring his possession and turnover numbers into the equation and see if those support this theory as well as those undeniable defensive measures, low g/a...

Hedman’s high offensive totals must mean he sucks defensively then, right?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
1. so you a 26 yr old player entering his prime cant be better? you still havnt answered my question.
2. thats the stat of a typical defence d man... soo
3. hfboard posters wouldn't last in CDC lets be real here ducks fan.
4. the hundrend duck fans comment seemed to have triggered you enough to bring up your cup lel.
1. He has played over 300 games in the NHL. You fail to recognize this.
2. He is useless all around at this point, more like a 6th D.
3. No shit, they would get banned for saying something out of party line. Geez.
4. Well, we do have a cup as a younger expansion team. If it annoys you, too bad.

Anyway I'm done. Apologies to most Nucks fans here. Some are just insufferable.

Jan 21, 2018
JB wether or not makes it through his contract, is drafting and building the core pieces of the future of this franchise.

No he isn't, unless you call showing up for the draft when his team finishes in the bottom of the standings.

Pettersson and Juolevi took no skill to draft. A top 10 pick isn't that hard to screw up.

Boeser he gets credit for. That's about it. He's done way more harm than good, but I guess compared to his predecessor he's doing a great job.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Listen, you will never find a Canuck fan more critical than me, I hated Gillis with a passion for the way handled a near championship core that he INHERITED. JB is no where near as bad as Gillis. The guy ****ed up Luongo's legacy in Vancouver, and ****ed up the way he handled Schnieder, didn't trade Kesler when in 2013 left us with Horvat and Brandan Gaunce, Nicklas Jensen, and some other scrubs.

JB wether or not makes it through his contract, is drafting and building the core pieces of the future of this franchise. I will jump the Benning hate wagon if he does something stupid like trade Horvat + Joulevi + 1st for Karlsson or w.e but until then he hasn't done anything that warrants this kind of hatred.
he attempted to trade our 2015 1st for lucic and also attempted to trade for subban in 2016 (involving our 1st and horvat)

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
This serves no f****** purpose! Disappointed af. Benning should stay away as far as possible from any GM duties. Scout? Yeah send him to europe, as far as you can from management....Another Sutter/Eriksson. bleh

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
1. He has played over 300 games in the NHL. You fail to recognize this.
2. He is useless all around at this point, more like a 6th D.
3. No ****, they would get banned for saying something out of party line. Geez.
4. Well, we do have a cup as a younger expansion team. If it annoys you, too bad.

Anyway I'm done. Apologies to most Nucks fans here. Some are just insufferable.

1. so....he's got over 300 games in the NHL and is 26 yrs old entering his prime, yet you know he wont get better with all that experience? not bias at all.
2. that's your own bias hfboard opinion, NHL GMs dont agree with it buts its fine.
3. hfboards hands out warnings more than CDC are you kidding me? lol It's the most active NHL forum in the league with thousands of users and hundreds online every night, It's where the majority of Canuck fans post. Lot's of strong opinions there. hfboard users like you wouln't last in CDC.
4. I wasn't annoyed tho, you brought up the cup after you got triggered lol :rolleyes:

Blueangel1891

Nov 24, 2007
Belgium
No he isn't, unless you call showing up for the draft when his team finishes in the bottom of the standings.

Pettersson and Juolevi took no skill to draft. A top 10 pick isn't that hard to screw up.

Boeser he gets credit for. That's about it. He's done way more harm than good, but I guess compared to his predecessor he's doing a great job.

Brackett gets credit for Boeser and Gaudette. Not Benning.

Listen, you will never find a Canuck fan more critical than me, I hated Gillis with a passion for the way handled a near championship core that he INHERITED. JB is no where near as bad as Gillis. The guy ****ed up Luongo's legacy in Vancouver, and ****ed up the way he handled Schnieder, didn't trade Kesler when in 2013 left us with Horvat and Brandan Gaunce, Nicklas Jensen, and some other scrubs.

He isn't drafting and building. The guy had traded away picks for waiver trash like candy, signed crappy vets to horrible contracts and royaly f***ed up two top 10 draft picks

He's a turd and the worst GM in Canuck history

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
he attempted to trade our 2015 1st for lucic and also attempted to trade for subban in 2016 (involving our 1st and horvat)
wait dont tell me you got this from the eastern insiders... the same insiders like John Shannon who said he would be shocked if Guddy re-signs with the Canucks in November...

Jan 21, 2018
Brackett gets credit for Boeser and Gaudette. Not Benning.

He isn't drafting and building. The guy had traded away picks for waiver trash like candy, signed crappy vets to horrible contracts and royaly ****ed up two top 10 draft picks

He's a turd and the worst GM in Canuck history

Like it or not Benning as the GM will get the credit for the Boeser pick. Regardless, that just makes it worse. He's a bottom 5 GM easily, but thankfully for Vancouver fans there is a HUGE gap between him and Chiarelli/Bergevin.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Gudbranson played over 23 minutes in the 6-1 win against Boston Bruins. I think Travis Green is falling in love with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad