Confirmed Signing with Link: Gudbranson re-signs in Vancouver [3years, $4m AAV] [MOD #244]

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Why would you be unhappy were resigning a Young, physical, big, Dman with a ton of unrealized potential? Would you rather trade him for a 3rd?

Depending on money and term this is nothing but a good thing.
The only person who hasn't realized his potential is Gudbranson himself, and it's a lot lower than he thinks of it currently

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Why would you be unhappy were resigning a Young, physical, big, Dman with a ton of unrealized potential? Would you rather trade him for a 3rd?

Because he'll get overpaid for what he actually brings. This is the same GM who signed Sbisa to a 3 year $3.6 million per year contract when he sure as hell didn't deserve a raise. Benning has been incredibly poor in evaluating pro defensemen.

A ton of unrealized potential? Like what? He has no offensive IQ, panics in the D zone, and consistently loses possession of the puck. He's been better lately, but not worth the rumored $4-5 million, not even close.

And he's an ass with the bullshit comments he made regarding Hutton and his pairing last season. He was the problem and his answer was oooo, I got moar NHL games I'm better blah blah blah.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Because he’s not good at actually playing hockey. He’s the same as Andrew Alberts was for us, except less physical and way more expensive.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Probably going to be a Russel type of contract. But hey, the trade deadline pool gets even smaller

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He’s 26 years old. There’s a very good chance he is who he is.

He is about to hit UFA at the same age as Luke Schenn did back in 2016. Both 8 years post draft. Both defensive dmen, with limited mobility and puck skills. EG considered to be more physical and nastier, Schenn more sound defensively.

Schenn signed with AZ for $1.25 mill per over two years.

I highly doubt gudbranson is signing for anything close to that.

If he was, that's a different story.

This is just Benning trying to cover up a huge mistake. Not only dealing McCann, but pick #33 when guys like Sam Girard, j. Dhalen, debrincant wtc. Are in the board to be had.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Oh Benning and the Nucks, Wouldn't it just be much better to trade him.. say for Brent Seabrook. Man I was hoping the added contract talk touch would lead to even better trade thoughts for Gudbranson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->