Confirmed Signing with Link: Gudbranson re-signs in Vancouver [3years, $4m AAV] [MOD #244]

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I feel like this is Benning going "Look, look, he's about to be unavailable for 2 or 3 years! This is your last chance to trade for him! Get those offers in!". Meanwhile, his phone is silent and the only e-mails he's getting are about extending the length of his ****.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
4.5 x 5 sign and trade to Tallon who sends back Petrovic and a top 6 forward*

*all Tallon trades now include one top 6 forward as a throw in

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Because he'll get overpaid for what he actually brings. This is the same GM who signed Sbisa to a 3 year $3.6 million per year contract when he sure as hell didn't deserve a raise. Benning has been incredibly poor in evaluating pro defensemen.

A ton of unrealized potential? Like what? He has no offensive IQ, panics in the D zone, and consistently loses possession of the puck. He's been better lately, but not worth the rumored $4-5 million, not even close.

And he's an ass with the bull**** comments he made regarding Hutton and his pairing last season. He was the problem and his answer was oooo, I got moar NHL games I'm better blah blah blah.
he wont get over 3.5. All i have to say is go ask his teammates and the 500 fan the panther have about him. and how pissed they were when he was traded. Also dale Talon one of the best gms ever is in love with the guy. Did you watch the Boston game? that is the real Guddy. What makes me laugh is Toronto fans dissing him, when he would be your #1 right off the bat.

Jan 21, 2018
What makes me laugh is Toronto fans dissing him, when he would be your #1 right off the bat.

LOL

Gudbranson and #1 should never be in the same sentence.

What makes me laugh is someone trying to convince a team at the top of the standings that their bottom pairing dman would be the leafs #1

What a terrible post.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Why would you be unhappy were resigning a Young, physical, big, Dman with a ton of unrealized potential? Would you rather trade him for a 3rd?

Depending on money and term this is nothing but a good thing.
Only if is a sign and trade

He is hot garbage not worth more than $1.5 million/year. Just junk. Crappy junk

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Why would you be unhappy were resigning a Young, physical, big, Dman with a ton of unrealized potential? Would you rather trade him for a 3rd?

When Benning signs him for 3.5+ per season, it will be a bad thing. I can only imagine if he gets 4 years or more. That would be bad.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Oh Benning and the Nucks, Wouldn't it just be much better to trade him.. say for Brent Seabrook. Man I was hoping the added contract talk touch would lead to even better trade thoughts for Gudbranson
Ya we would love Seabrook and that awesome contract

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
LOL

Gudbranson and #1 should never be in the same sentence.

What makes me laugh is someone trying to convince a team at the top of the standings that their bottom pairing dman would be the leafs #1

What a terrible post.
Gudbranson would be our #3 or 4 on our farm team to put into perspective how off base that Benning boy poster is. Recently ranked #7 by Canucks fans behind

Tanev
Edler
Del Zotto
Hutton
Stecher
Biega

On Utica would be behind

Holm
Weirdcoch

And soon to be Briesbois

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
he wont get over 3.5. All i have to say is go ask his teammates and the 500 fan the panther have about him. and how pissed they were when he was traded. Also dale Talon one of the best gms ever is in love with the guy. Did you watch the Boston game? that is the real Guddy. What makes me laugh is Toronto fans dissing him, when he would be your #1 right off the bat.
Oh, that one game was the real one, huh? Too bad that guy hasn't showed up all that much over the last two seasons.

And surprise surprise, here comes the astroturf right on schedule.

Jan 21, 2018
Gudbranson would be our #3 or 4 on our farm team to put into perspective how off base that Benning boy poster is. Recently ranked #7 by Canucks fans behind

Tanev
Edler
Del Zotto
Hutton
Stecher
Biega

On Utica would be behind

Holm
Weirdcoch

And soon to be Briesbois

I'm glad not all nucks fans are clueless :)

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
If he gets anything near what has been speculated dollar and term wise I'm going to be unsurprised because Benning is just that stupid.

I don't know why some people are expecting a 7 year NHL player with 380 games played is going to suddenly become a better player. This isn't a good move at all by Benning.

Reactions: Devonator

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Bro, it's not 1995 anymore. You need defenders that can drive possession from the backend, not lugs that spray and pray passes. There is a leage for those type of players, it's the AHL.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad