Confirmed Signing with Link: Gudbranson re-signs in Vancouver [3years, $4m AAV] [MOD #244]

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
No he isn't, unless you call showing up for the draft when his team finishes in the bottom of the standings.

Pettersson and Juolevi took no skill to draft. A top 10 pick isn't that hard to screw up.

Boeser he gets credit for. That's about it. He's done way more harm than good, but I guess compared to his predecessor he's doing a great job.

oh so you would've been fine had JB drafted Cody Glass then?

he drafted Gaudette at the 5th round... Lind and Demko 2nd round?

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Brackett gets credit for Boeser and Gaudette. Not Benning.

He isn't drafting and building. The guy had traded away picks for waiver trash like candy, signed crappy vets to horrible contracts and royaly ****ed up two top 10 draft picks

He's a turd and the worst GM in Canuck history

oh ok so are we gonan do this for every GMs too or just JB?

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Typical of benning the moron. This idiot thought sbisa bartkowski pouliot were good defencement. Par for the course really.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Brackett gets credit for Boeser and Gaudette. Not Benning.

He isn't drafting and building. The guy had traded away picks for waiver trash like candy, signed crappy vets to horrible contracts and royaly ****ed up two top 10 draft picks

He's a turd and the worst GM in Canuck history

Juolevi a 19 year old kid with no NHL games is a ***ed up pick.

well done.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Gudbranson played over 23 minutes in the 6-1 win against Boston Bruins. I think Travis Green is falling in love with him.

and prior to that he had a very good game against San Jose. Gudbranson is the type of player you need to face off against the likes of Boston, San Jose and the bigger teams that try to run through Boesers and the skilled player that will be coming into our line up in the future. Gudbranson is really not as bad the exaggeration some fans have placed on him.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
and prior to that he had a very good game against San Jose. Gudbranson is the type of player you need to face off against the likes of Boston, San Jose and the bigger teams that try to run through Boesers and the skilled player that will be coming into our line up in the future. Gudbranson is really not as bad the exaggeration some fans have placed on him.

He's a good third pairing D... even though he's big, and can be used to protect players, that isn't worth the ~ $4 mil ask.

Without face punching abilities, he's a south of $2 mil player.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Tkachuck, Keller, Nylander, Sergachev

It was a ****ed up pick, regardless of Juolevi becomes an NHL player or not

I think the biggest deal is that we talk about prospects like they're certain studs all the time, and Benning says he thinks Juolevi will be a top-4 defenseman for them. Well, with the fifth pick in the draft, and my team drafted Luke Schenn there, so I shouldn't throw stones, but you gotta want that as a bare minimum, especially in a draft where there were several immediate-impact guys taken with the next few picks.

Also, I'm not saying Gaudette and Lind won't be good players (I always think it's a good sign for a kid to have a big lead on his team's scoring race, Gaudette has a solid one, Lind has a massive one for the second straight year), but it's a little rich to say "we don't know Juolevi is a bust yet" and then tout Benning's picks who *also* haven't played in the NHL yet.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Trevor: Jim is they no interest in Gudbranson, at all?

Jim: Best offer was a 4th, but we had to retain salary.

Trevor: Damn, is he no good? Did we screw up getting him?

Jim: No way! He's a great player. I will show how that by signing him to a big contract. A big contract will let the fans know he's really good. Only really good players get big contracts.

Trevor: Like Loui Eriksson?

Jim: Exactly.

Trevor (internally): What the **** have I done, I just extended this guy.

That was not funny. I suggest you do not waste your time doing stories like this again.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Hopefully this means one less bad player on the trade market the Leafs could overpay for.

I have a feeling this contract will be one we will look back on being a problem 3 years from now when the Canucks might actually be in contention.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Whatever the salary and term, any way you slice it, it's a bad deal.

This guy just flat out cannot play hockey.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
The only thing that rivals how bad this extension could be, are the comments by "real canuck fans" in this thread defending this potential signing

Reactions: BlueGreen

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Whatever the salary and term, any way you slice it, it's a bad deal.

This guy just flat out cannot play hockey.

Even though nothing has materialized yet, I'm just laughing at the idea of Canucks locking this defensive black hole with a mustache for three years at $4mil. Probably Benning has to double down his bet with Guds instead of just sucking up the trade loss and moving onward.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Benning being Benning. With the absence of Sbisa, Benning has to step up and replace that terrible contract with another.
But Gud is worth it b/c he’s good in scrums and won the hardest shot competition in VANs skills completion. Come on now....

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Even though nothing has materialized yet, I'm just laughing at the idea of Canucks locking this defensive black hole with a mustache for three years at $4mil. Probably Benning has to double down his bet with Guds instead of just sucking up the trade loss and moving onward.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I guess he just doesn't want to look dumb after acquiring him sooooo.....he's gonna sign him to a multi-year deal?

I mean, all you have to do is watch him play a handful of games and its blatantly obvious the game is too fast for him and he chokes when pressured.

Just let him walk and sign a real bottom 6 Dman in free agency for half the price. No reason to make another mistake.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
That's what I'm thinking as well. I guess he just doesn't want to look dumb after acquiring him sooooo.....he's gonna sign him to a multi-year deal?

I mean, all you have to do is watch him play a handful of games and its blatantly obvious the game is too fast for him and he chokes when pressured.

Just let him walk and sign a real bottom 6 Dman in free agency for half the price. No reason to make another mistake.

I'm not 100% sure but the Canucks probably aren't going to be a cap team for those assumed three years so if the ownership doesn't object then Benning could take a chance if Guds turns the ship around after all years for a supernatural reason unknown to mankind... sry, Canadians.. peoplekind, :D

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

The sad thing is you could probably get at least a 2nd round pick for him from a dumb GM. Wouldn't be surprised if a late first was even offered :laugh:.

If my GM ever tried pulling something like this, I'd consider it a fireable offence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad