GDT: Group A • Dec. 29 • Latvia 0, Russia 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
amazing that russia has only allowed 1 GA in 3 games, even though they have played weaker teams.

US and canada allowed more to denmark, and sweden allowed more to switzerland and latvia.

Gusev with a quiet (!) seven points.
i love his offensive game. awesome player

I agree with you on this one.
so do i

embarrassing, imo

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Commented on it a while back, but Gusev really caught my eye. I try not to place too much emphasis on this tourney, but his game is very impressive. The play that led to him setting up Kuznetsov on the right was incredible.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
can't wait to see kuznetsov in the nhl he's an amazing talent. very impressive offence russia has, if it comes down to canada vs russia in the finals I fear we don't have the goaltending or firepower to match, strong defence would need to prevail

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
The good: Russia has Kuznetsov
The bad: does Russia have anyone else?

I don't know...everyone looked good out there tonight. mind you, the Latvians totally quit playing, but still. Russia stomped them hard.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
9 points? Holy hell, good stuff man. I had to listen really closely because I thought they were saying he had 9 points in the tournament so far.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
The good: Russia has Kuznetsov
The bad: does Russia have anyone else?

they have been playing better defensively than offensively.
the first game he played really well, so many others played really well too so it's all relative.
if grigorenko had played the whole game, it's hard to say if kuznetsov would have blown up as much as he did this game.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
can't wait to see kuznetsov in the nhl he's an amazing talent. very impressive offence russia has, if it comes down to canada vs russia in the finals I fear we don't have the goaltending or firepower to match, strong defence would need to prevail

Tough to judge in a game like that. A peter Forsberg - Markus Naslund led Sweden once beat a team 20-1 in 1993 and a little goalie named Manny Legacy completely stood on his head and won the tourney for Canada.

That's what makes this tourney fun, for me, is the way it can come and go so quickly.

Either wway, it should be fun.

batsui

Nov 13, 2010
Grigorenko update:
@dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
Mikhail Grigorenko had an X-ray done. No fractures in his leg. #WJHC

hoockeyrocks

Dec 17, 2011
Aucune fracture pour Mikhail Grigorenko selon @dchesnokov RT Mikhail Grigorenko had an X-ray done. No fractures in his leg.

just saw this on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad