GDT: Group A • Dec. 29 • Latvia 0, Russia 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I have to come to terms with the fact that I may not hate the Russian teams that are playing in these tournaments anymore. This is like Spiderman making friends with the Green Goblin. I actually think I want the Russians to beat the Swedes.

That...was...not...easy.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
I have to come to terms with the fact that I may not hate the Russian teams that are playing in these tournaments anymore. This is like Spiderman making friends with the Green Goblin. I actually think I want the Russians to beat the Swedes.

That...was...not...easy.

Good on ya for accepting Russian hockey is the most entertaining in the world. Not easy for a Canadian to do.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Canadian here.

Gold is Russia's to lose imo BUT in a 1 game scenario, you never know. Russia, with everything they have, also have arguably the best goaltender imo.

Grigorenko is a big loss though but not huge.

I'm guessing they beat Sweden pretty handily if they come out like that.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

That...was...not...easy.

i wonder what hurt more... Grigorenko's ankle or you forcing yourself to make that post

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
9 points? Holy hell, good stuff man. I had to listen really closely because I thought they were saying he had 9 points in the tournament so far.

Well, he had 0 pts so far in 2 games and created magic with 9 pts tonight..that makes him 9 pts in the tournament overall lol.

Grigorenko update:
@dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
Mikhail Grigorenko had an X-ray done. No fractures in his leg. #WJHC

Good to hear, but how about any ligament tear? A torn ACL or PCL...or how about at his ankle?

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Canadian here.

Gold is Russia's to lose imo BUT in a 1 game scenario, you never know. Russia, with everything they have, also have arguably the best goaltender imo.

Grigorenko is a big loss though but not huge.

I'm guessing they beat Sweden pretty handily if they come out like that.

oh cmon, you can't put a team in the favourites after beating Latvia regardless of score..

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
oh cmon, you can't put a team in the favourites after beating Latvia regardless of score..

I'm looking at everything though. If they maintain this level and/or reach higher levels with the defense and goaltending they have. I really don't think anyone can beat them.

Saturday vs Sweden should cement my feelings on them.

But like i said, in a 1 game scenario. You never know. Thats what makes this tournament great.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

That...was...not...easy.

Agreed. I'd rather have the Russians win the group...

In a perfect world, I'd like to see US-Sweden quarterfinal. :nod:

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008

That...was...not...easy.

I've always liked the Russians more than the Swedes.
At least when Russians moan and whine, they have a point...the Swedes, ahh not so much.:sarcasm:

VladNYC*

This was a good tune up for our guys. Let's see if it helps for Sweden and Canada.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004

That...was...not...easy.

i'm a wings fan, i love russians. I think the team has a bit of a sympathy factor going, tho, due to the plane crash.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Last year, when the Swedes beat Canada in the exhibition game, their coach came out at the press and started bashing at Dave Cameron and his team. Than soon after Canada lost to Russia in the final, Sweden went on to congratulate Sweden just to indirectly mock the Canadians. Therefore, I will always prefer Russia ahead of Sweden and want to see Russia beat them badly. Plus, they have my favorite prospect, Mikhail Grigorenko #GetWell

pouskin74*

Originally Posted by Fehr
Tough part of the tourney for Latvia, they have a game in less than 12 hours again.
That's why we're not competing nor playing anymore...

26.12.2011 Mon
15:30 GMT-7 Calgary
Scotiabank Saddledome LAT - SWE

27.12.2011 Tue
20:00 GMT-7 Calgary
Scotiabank Saddledome SVK - LAT

29.12.2011 Thu
20:00 GMT-7 Calgary
Scotiabank Saddledome LAT - RUS

i think you got the answer:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.