GDT: Group A • Dec. 29 • Latvia 0, Russia 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Last year, when the Swedes beat Canada in the exhibition game, their coach came out at the press and started bashing at Dave Cameron and his team. Than soon after Canada lost to Russia in the final, Sweden went on to congratulate Sweden just to indirectly mock the Canadians. Therefore, I will always prefer Russia ahead of Sweden and want to see Russia beat them badly. Plus, they have my favorite prospect, Mikhail Grigorenko #GetWell

Just to play the devil's advocate here, I don't know if the Swedes knew that their congratulations of Russia would be shown by TSN like that and to be fair, most of last year's team is probably not playing this year, so it's not fair to hold their actions against the current group of guys..

rushockey

Oct 4, 2010
Calgary
www.rushockey.com
Back from the game.
Bad:
1. Probably lost Grigorenko for the rest of the tournament. I hope it is not ankle sprain, it could be a fairly long recovery.

2. Yakupov has been bad in this game. The whole Khokhlachev line was the worst for Russia.

3. If Grigorenko is lost for the tournament I don't know how we can win it with three centers. I know Kuznetsov is a workhorse but playing Kuznetsov every other shift will wear him out in one game. Other centers simply are not up to the task .

Good:
1. Vasilevsky played an excellent game. His whole game is full of confidence compared to the shaky Makarov last night. Clearly he is Russia's number one.

2. Kuznetsov-Gusev connection has looked amazing. Kucherov screwed up too many perfect passes in this tournament already, Kuznetsov is much better finisher. That goal Gusev to Kuznetsov with the sharp angle was amazing.

3. Defense played much more solid game. I really start liking some of the guys, I hope it is not just because we play weaker teams.

Last edited:

bruleurdeloups

Dec 24, 2011
Paris
Just to play the devil's advocate here, I don't know if the Swedes knew that their congratulations of Russia would be shown by TSN like that and to be fair, most of last year's team is probably not playing this year, so it's not fair to hold their actions against the current group of guys..

Good point.

But come on! If a random funny guy says : There is always a suspicious of corruption on team Russia, it's roster. Why he can't say that swedes are always an arrogant team ?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
AOsadchenko Andrey Osadchenko
Grigorenko's angle was X-Rayed. No fracture. But it hurts to walk. Looks like he may be okay afterall. #wjc12
58 minutes ago

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Back from the game.
Bad:
1. Probably lost Grigorenko for the rest of the tournament. I hope it is not ankle sprain, it could be a fairly long recovery.

2. Yakupov has been bad in this game. The whole Khokhlachev line was the worst for Russia.

3. If Grigorenko is lost for the tournament I don't know how we can win it with three centers. I know Kuznetsov is a workhorse but playing Kuznetsov every other shift will wear him out in one game. Other centers simply are not up to the task .

Good:
1. Vasilevsky played an excellent game. His whole game is full of confidence compared to the shaky Makarov last night. Clearly he is Russia's number one.

2. Kuznetsov-Gusev connection has looked amazing. Kucherov screwed up too many perfect passes in this tournament already, Kuznetsov is much better finisher. That goal Gusev to Kuznetsov with the sharp angle was amazing.

3. Defense played much more solid game. I really start liking some of the guys, I hope it is not just because we play weaker teams.

2. Yakupov hasn't been producing as many points as we've hoped to, but he is definitely working hard and creating plays out there. i wouldn't be too hard on him.

Khokhlachev let us down a little with his penalty, but I guess made up for it with 2 goals tonight

3. It's a short tournament. if Russia can beat Sweden, we only have two games left. A 19 year old kid should be able to play three games with extra minutes I think..

Oct 18, 2011
As an American, I wish we could play as skilled as the Russians, Russian hockey, when they're on, is the most fun to watch IMO.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
What happened, I went to sleep at 27th minute, 0-2 we down but still a chance that we could put one in and be in the game? Was it the goalie, Merzlikins who broke down, team Russia suddenly started to play amazing hockey or our guys just gave up after some goals?

Anyway a result to forget, still the game vs Swiss ahead....

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
What happened, I went to sleep at 27th minute, 0-2 we down but still a chance that we could put one in and be in the game? Was it the goalie, Merzlikins who broke down, team Russia suddenly started to play amazing hockey or our guys just gave up after some goals?

Anyway a result to forget, still the game vs Swiss ahead....
Russia started playing the best they have in the tournament but Latvia did seem to stop trying.

Gusev is great, I do not think Grigorenko will be back would be a miracle he definitely did something bad to his ligament.

Also for some laughs, I am sure we have all experienced something like this in our life time :laugh:

Toms Andersons on twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/Tomiiiiee

Before the Game:
Big game tonight vs Russia

After the Game:
****ing game

:laugh:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Russia started playing the best they have in the tournament but Latvia did seem to stop trying.

anyway, we have a much more important game this night vs Swiss, Gudļevskis has had some rest now and hopefully the team will forget about this one and concentrate on the [much more important] games ahead

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
Yakupov looks completely out of the team. Been watching their warm-ups and he looks like an outsider.
Grigorenko is one monster. Despite injury he should go #1.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
anyway, we have a much more important game this night vs Swiss, Gudļevskis has had some rest now and hopefully the team will forget about this one and concentrate on the [much more important] games ahead

Swiss are tough but I would not write you guys off completley. Latvia were still creating chances all match. I think all the penalties Russia got played Russia into form and allowed Bragin to see that Gusev being with Kuznetsov is great.

Worst case scenario you have to beat Denmark to stay in Elite Division and I think you are much better than Denmark.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Yakupov looks completely out of the team. Been watching their warm-ups and he looks like an outsider.
Grigorenko is one monster. Despite injury he should go #1.

I think Yakupov is too focused on the Draft, just needs to let the game come naturally to him. Did you go to today's match?

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
I think Yakupov is too focused on the Draft, just needs to let the game come naturally to him. Did you go to today's match?

Was there before the game... and at the game. I look at the guy and he is kind of his own. Kuzja calling warm ups, and guys resond to him.. ravil' is on his own program.. dont know its a pride or what. he just looks out..

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Получивший травму ноги во втором периоде матча с молодёжной сборной Латвии нападающий сборной России (U20) Михаил Григоренко может пропустить остаток турнира.

"Что-то со связками, ему больно наступать на ногу, — отметил после игры главный тренер российской команды Валерий Брагин. — Всё покажет завтрашний день. Сделали снимок, там вроде всё нормально, но всё покажет завтрашний день. Вариант, что он выбыл до конца турнира, есть".

---

Coach Bragin says that it's something with the tendons and that it hurts for Grigorenko to put pressure on his leg..

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Was there before the game... and at the game. I look at the guy and he is kind of his own. Kuzja calling warm ups, and guys resond to him.. ravil' is on his own program.. dont know its a pride or what. he just looks out..

Thanks

Interesting, maybe he is struggling to fit into Bragin's philosophy. More about fast passing and players being in sync then carrying the puck too much.

His interview after the match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXUy8fMTrHI

pouskin74*

Ravil? you mean Ravil Yakubov?:):)

Botta

Jul 12, 2010

I have similar thoughts.Think about playing , not about the draft!

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Last year, when the Swedes beat Canada in the exhibition game, their coach came out at the press and started bashing at Dave Cameron and his team. Than soon after Canada lost to Russia in the final, Sweden went on to congratulate Sweden just to indirectly mock the Canadians. Therefore, I will always prefer Russia ahead of Sweden and want to see Russia beat them badly. Plus, they have my favorite prospect, Mikhail Grigorenko #GetWell

Total BS. What the coach said after the Canada game was that they thought the games against Russia and the Czechs were tougher. He never bashed either Cameron or the canadian team, Sweden should have won the Canada game much easier than they did. Cameron actually made it personal when he started to bash Ronberg afterwards. The canadians can´t always expect their opponents to like them. And whats wrong with congratulating the winning team?

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC

You are paranoid. How do you know they wouldn't have congratulated team Canada in the exact same fashion? Everything isn't always about Canada you know.

Just saw the boxscore after waking up and just knew that Grigorenko was injured in the game because he had no points or shots after the first. Not looking very good for him in terms of this tournament but let's hope that it won't keep him out for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad