• Quinn Hughes

Votes: 182 82.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
This is hilarious. Hughes was getting 2 guys hitting him way late on every forecheck in the Nashville series, Bouchard can only dream of garnering that attention from the other team.

Heck he isn't even the #1D on his team let alone best player.
Huh I wasn't aware the Canucks didn't forecheck on Bouchard. And I've heard Bouch is a very slow skater, should have been easy.

Reactions: Crabapple

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He really should if Tocchet is overlooking match-ups and not game planning for one of the best players in the series.

His team played 82 games this season to gain the advantage of last change and he doesn’t put out wingers with assignments to contain Bouchard??

I’m probably feeding the troll here but it’s crazy to think there wasn’t a game plan since game one to contain him, let alone after he started repeatedly abusing the Canucks.

Simply “clear the net” or “get in front of point shots” is game planning for Bouchard’s shot. But I think it went into more detail than that, or should have anyways.

Only so much you can do when there’s other players to contain. Unscreened point shots shouldn’t beat goalies as often as they beat Silovs

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
You should apply for the job once Tocchet gets axed
I am certainly not competent for an NHL head coaching job.

I can however, identify that letting someone do whatever they want and cop out saying we had to cover McDrai is a terrible strategy.

Perhaps you could communicate clearly what your opinion is instead of a passive aggressive statement.

I am here for discussion. If you would like to chant nonsense, consider heading to the Facebook comment sections :)

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Hughes is the most overrated dman I’ve seen in the last 200 years. When people shat on Karlsson at least he was doing shit by himself. Hughes couldn’t even outshine Bouchard in the playoffs. If he wins the Norris it’s a disgrace to the award
Defensively, he’s certainly extremely overrated. But he’s still an offensive dynamo.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Hughes is still the safe bet, but the gap went from massive before the start of this year, to kind of close after the regular season, to maybe it’s actually worth discussing during the postseason. There are only 5 PPG+ dmen all time in the playoffs, and that list goes

Orr (1.243)
Bouchard (1.150)
Makar (1.111)
Leetch (1.021)
Coffey (1.010)

(Hughes is 4th among active players at 0.867 so he’s not crazy far behind either)

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Hughes is still the safe bet, but the gap went from massive before the start of this year, to kind of close after the regular season, to maybe it’s actually worth discussing during the postseason. There are only 5 PPG+ dmen all time in the playoffs, and that list goes

Orr (1.243)
Bouchard (1.150)
Makar (1.111)
Leetch (1.021)
Coffey (1.010)

(Hughes is 4th among active players at 0.867 so he’s not crazy far behind either)
Top 3 haven't played a playoff game after the age of 30. The 30s aren't kind to one's PPG...

Reactions: Voight

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If Brent Burns could win a Norris I think Bouchard has a shot. There isn't just one kind of D that wins Norris trophies, Bouchard can certainly be compared favorably to guys like Burns and Carlsson (was a runner up), and frankly he's better than either of those guys at the same age.
Looking at the amount of other elite Dmen in the league and peaking at the upcoming defensive prospects I doubt that Bouchard even gets a top 5 Norris placing and I actually like him as a player.

Dude is in his 3rd actual season in the NHL and through 2 playoff rounds just set a record for most points in the first 2 playoff rounds *in NHL history*. That is definitely something.
For me it was Larry Murphy vibes, a good primarily offensive Dman playing with some exceptional offensive talent.

Nov 1, 2011
Their stats this year were remarkable similar.

10 points and +4 is a lot, especially considering that Bouchard is stapled to the best player in the game.

If teams were giving Q. Hughes 25 feet worth of space, to try and slow down McDavid, Quinn would have over 120 points. Instead Hughes is the guy other teams are focusing on shutting down when he’s on the ice.

Huh I wasn't aware the Canucks didn't forecheck on Bouchard. And I've heard Bouch is a very slow skater, should have been easy.

The Canucks were sitting forwards back to try and stop McDavid from getting away from them.

It was a bad strategy as it made breakouts easy for Edmonton.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
All time thread right here. Will be sure to bump when Bouch wins his first Norris and Nucks fans are complaining about 3rd straight playoffs no show for the overpaid and overrated Hughes.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace of Hades

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
All time thread right here. Will be sure to bump when Bouch wins his first Norris and Nucks fans are complaining about 3rd straight playoffs no show for the overpaid and overrated Hughes.

Hahahahaha
He wasn’t even a top 15 highest paid dman in the league this season and he is about to win the Norris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad