GDT: Group A • Dec. 29 • Latvia 0, Russia 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not that suprised. Sweden played a so-so offensive game against Latvia with less firepower up front than Russia and scored nine. Add a backup keeper in net to that, and yeah there might aswell be 14 goals. I kinda wish the tournament this year wouldn't have these scores though.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
10 points by Forsberg in 1992 against Japan as per TSN

That's right.

Sweden scored 53 goals in that tournament

Forsberg had 31 points in those 7 games. (involved in 58% of Sweden's goals)

10 points against Japan (W 20-1)
5 points against Finland (W 9-2)
5 points against Czech Rep. (W 7-2)
4 points against Russia (W 5-1)
4 points against Canada (L 4-5)
2 points against USA (W 4-2)
1 point against Germany (W 4-2)

Macman

May 15, 2004
AOsadchenko Andrey Osadchenko
Grigorenko's angle was X-Rayed. No fracture. But it hurts to walk. Looks like he may be okay afterall. #wjc12
58 minutes ago

That was a sickening looking injury. I can't believe there wasn't a fracture or ligament damage.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Wow....Russian really blew the doors open after the first period which ended 1-0. Impressively, the Russian team only has 1 goal against in 3 games. Looks like Russia isn't looking to be the comeback kids this year. They want to the top dog that goes in as the favourite and walks away with the gold medal and they're making a pretty good case for themselves.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Funny when Canada scores 10 against Denmark, they're accused of being classless for running up the score. I haven't seen any posts saying that about Russia yet...

I don't think Canada was running up the score against Denmark. You can't tell a team to turn off the switch, abandon intensity, and stop trying hard - it might be hard to turn the switch on again later. You have to try to score every trip up the ice.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I don't think Canada was running up the score against Denmark. You can't tell a team to turn off the switch, abandon intensity, and stop trying hard - it might be hard to turn the switch on again later. You have to try to score every trip up the ice.

Agreed.

Hockey is VERY different then Football, Basketball or Soccer.

In those sports, if you are winning by a big margin, you can just burn the clock by maintaining possession.

You can't really do that in hockey.

What are they suppose to do? Have all 5 players stay in the defensive zone and pass around between each other?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Wow....Russian really blew the doors open after the first period which ended 1-0. Impressively, the Russian team only has 1 goal against in 3 games. Looks like Russia isn't looking to be the comeback kids this year. They want to the top dog that goes in as the favourite and walks away with the gold medal and they're making a pretty good case for themselves.

As is the case most of the time they're going to have to get through Canada first ;)

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
how many years does kuznetsov have on his khl contract, or why do people say he stays in khl ?!

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
how many years does kuznetsov have on his khl contract, or why do people say he stays in khl ?!

there's a line of thought, that with his bum shoulder his body will wear out very fast in the fast paced hitting NHL game, and he may decide to stay in the KHL, but I think he clearly wants to play in the NHL and I wish his body holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad