GDT: Group A • Dec. 28 • Russia 3, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
The real story of the first period was the Slovak defence. They are pushing the Russian forwards out and not allowing anything from near the blue paint. Most of the 18 shots were from distance or from a Russian forward trying to swing around into the net and try to one-hand the puck in. Marincin, Gernat, Cajkovsky, Janosik.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
So far so good.

Btw, is it just me, or does Jurco try to dangle a bit too much? He tried to go 1 on 1 at least three times this period, with little succes.

Also lol at russian kid for throwing a hissy fit and rightly getting 10 mins for it.

Yeah, you're right, but he was probably our only forward, who tried to hold the puck in the offensive zone.

BTW Who's that "Al Capone" on the mask of Å imboch :laugh:??

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Kucherov really seems to be snake-bitten so far. Yakupov appears to be forcing thing a little bit much. Looking for Gusev to come to the rescue in the 2nd.

Fulcrum

Good job by Slovakia playing D and staying patient.

Grigo line looking the best so far.
Kuznetsov line looks good, but when it comes to finalizing- meh
Yakupov line, going fast- nowhere :(
Kosov line, how about that End to end rush- nice but useless..

Fulcrum

wtf is wrong with Sport +.. horse racing in the break? Do they even think about their audience, or just put crap together.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I was impressed by Ozhiganov's willingness to throw his body around in the first, now he gets a goal. Good stuff.

Nice stickhandling by Yakupov to lead to the goal. Though I couldn't tell if he actually passed it back to Ozhiganov or if the puck just got knocked off his stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad